Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Florida Man- the next generation
Trailer park teenagers in Florida, body armor and firearms.
What could possibly go wrong?

The next generation of "Florida Man" are off to an entertaining start! 
"As an American it's your responsibility to have your own strategic duck stockpile. You can't expect the government to do it for you." - the dork I call one of my mom's other kids
[Image: Tiny-Ducks.jpg]
Idiots will be idiots.

"Hey, hold my beer, watch this!"

If it wasn't shooting each other, they would probably jump off roofs or some other idiotic action.
(04-09-2022, 08:27 PM)Infolurker Wrote: Idiots will be idiots.

"Hey, hold my beer, watch this!"

If it wasn't shooting each other, they would probably jump off roofs or some other idiotic action.

Even if they did nothing else the residents of Florida at least keep us highly amused!
"As an American it's your responsibility to have your own strategic duck stockpile. You can't expect the government to do it for you." - the dork I call one of my mom's other kids
(04-09-2022, 08:18 PM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote: Trailer park teenagers in Florida, body armor and firearms.

I shot my first gun at the age of eight. I remember as if it were yesterday. My Dad had set up the bottles in the back yard as targets. You were taught to respect the gun and that it was not a toy or something to play around with.

Young people are not taught to respect themselves, their parents, or anybody or anything else. You have one kid talking about or doing it on Tik Tock and the next headlines will be of children shooting themselves or friends all across the country.

I have come to learn that children today have a serious time with critical thinking. They live in the absolute moment, and give no thought to what could or may happen ten seconds from now. I know it sounds like I am beating up on the young people of today, but I don't say these things just to criticize. They are the products of their society. They are what we made them.

I actually believe it is too late to put the genie back into the bottle on this one. I think they are as they will have to be to survive the future TPTB have chosen for them. How else will they be able to own nothing and be happy?

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

(04-09-2022, 08:18 PM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote: Trailer park teenagers in Florida, body armor and firearms.

The two surviving Nominees for the Darwin Award.
[Image: TWBB.png]

(04-09-2022, 08:37 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: I shot my first gun at the age of eight. I remember as if it were yesterday. My Dad had set up the bottles in the back yard as targets. You were taught to respect the gun and that it was not a toy or something to play around with.

Young people are not taught to respect themselves, their parents, or anybody or anything else. You have one kid talking about or doing it on Tik Tock and the next headlines will be of children shooting themselves or friends all across the country.

I have come to learn that children today have a serious time with critical thinking. They live in the absolute moment, and give no thought to what could or may happen ten seconds from now. I know it sounds like I am beating up on the young people of today, but I don't say these things just to criticize. They are the products of their society. They are what we made them.

I actually believe it is too late to put the genie back into the bottle on this one. I think they are as they will have to be to survive the future TPTB have chosen for them. How else will they be able to own nothing and be happy?

No consequences. Everyone gets a trophy, nothing is your fault. And now they're having children. 
Glad I'm getting older and don't have to stay on this rock much longer. I don't want to be around when these dumbasses are running the world!
(04-09-2022, 08:42 PM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote:
(04-09-2022, 08:37 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: I shot my first gun at the age of eight. I remember as if it were yesterday. My Dad had set up the bottles in the back yard as targets. You were taught to respect the gun and that it was not a toy or something to play around with.

No consequences. Everyone gets a trophy, nothing is your fault. And now they're having children. 
Glad I'm getting older and don't have to stay on this rock much longer. I don't want to be around when these dumbasses are running the world!

Next they'll be watering crops with gatorade because "it's got electrolytes". *shakes head*

Idiocracy... my worst nightmare. o_o
(04-10-2022, 02:26 AM)Selbiene_Raveren Wrote: Next they'll be watering crops with gatorade because "it's got electrolytes". *shakes head*

Idiocracy... my worst nightmare. o_o

[Image: K1JELsk.gif]
(04-09-2022, 08:37 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:

I shot my first gun at the age of eight. I remember as if it were yesterday. My Dad had set up the bottles in the back yard as targets. You were taught to respect the gun and that it was not a toy or something to play around with.

I blame the parents rather than a vague "society" at large. The parents are the focal point that is supposed to be shaping their children's minds and sharpening their critical thinking skills. It's too easy to point to vague and nebulous constructs that morph too easily, like "society", and shift the blame from more concrete targets, targets that can be dealt with. Society is gonna do what it does, and changes shape with every stray breeze like smoke, but parents are a solid form that can be held accountable.

It's not a "society's" fault, it's the fault of the individuals who make up that society.

Whenever I taught my own kids about firearms, the very first lesson ALWAYS involved a one gallon plastic milk jug. I'd fill that jug with water and screw the cap on, then stand it on a stump and shoot it with a .223 in their presence. Now a .223 is a cute little round, the same bullet diameter as a .22 rimfire round... but it zips along at 3000 feet per second. The velocity, more than the size of the round, interacts with fluids in horrific and wondrous ways. It creates hydrostatic shock whenever it encounters a viscous mass, and the shock wave tries to move that viscous mass, which the plastic body of the jug invariably resisted with spectacular results. It would blow that innocuous milk jug into bitty little flinders and toss those bits to kingdom come. The visual was pretty spectacular, and did far more to impress on a young mind the danger of firearms than any amount of "kids, these aren't toys" speeches would ever do.

So, none of my kids ever said to one another "Hey Billy Bob, how 'bout we go out in the field and trade tossing bullets at each other?" They had that visual stuck in their heads to remind them of how that would go.

Dumbasses have a unique way of weeding their genes out of the shallow end of the gene pool, don't they? What did they think was going to happen when they gave teenagers expensive plate carriers (those things ain't cheap) and left them with live firearms and no training on them, and too damned much time on their hands to amuse themselves with those objects?

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

I totally agree. We adults have to accept and go along with the constructs that make up the foundation of our society. 

We are responsible for what we allow to control our lives. We are responsible for how we raise our children. We are responsible for our children.

This crazy idea, that way too many people have, that the government is there to take care of you, is part of why we are where we are today.

You can't have it both ways. You can't be independent and demand your rights, then turn around and demand the government take care of your every need.

Like my Mother used to say, "He who pays, says". Which simply meant, the person who is paying, gets to call the shots.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

(04-10-2022, 10:42 AM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: I totally agree. We adults have to accept and go along with the constructs that make up the foundation of our society. 

We are responsible for what we allow to control our lives. We are responsible for how we raise our children. We are responsible for our children.

This crazy idea, that way too many people have, that the government is there to take care of you, is part of why we are where we are today.

You can't have it both ways. You can't be independent and demand your rights, then turn around and demand the government take care of your every need.

Like my Mother used to say, "He who pays, says". Which simply meant, the person who is paying, gets to call the shots.

Exactly. The one that foots the bills is the one that calls the shots. That's what ended two of my marriages - I was footing the bills, and they thought they got to call the shots... so I went away and took my bill payin' money with me. I'd expect the same of the government if they paid the bills.

In a similar vein, I've never understood folks who think someone should have all responsibility but at the same time no decision making discretion - how can anyone be responsible for decisions they were never allowed to make? But, sure enough, there are folks out there who expect exactly that from others.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’