Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Rogue Cup Challenge #10
The GAME:

TWO Truths and ONE Lie are told by the presiding 'Lying Rogue'.
TWO 'Rogue Players' take turns asking a total of THREE questions of the presiding 'Lying Rogue's' three claims.
The 'Lying Rogue' must, in turn, honestly answer each question asked of them.
After each 'Rogue Player' has asked their three questions and had them answered...they then guess which of the 'Lying Rogue's' three initial statements was the lie.
After both 'Rogue Players' have made their choice...the 'Lying Rogue' will reveal the true lie...and a winner will be chosen.

If neither 'Rogue Player' guesses correctly, the 'Lying Rogue' has the option to either preside over a new game or choose a successor for the next game.
If BOTH 'Rogue Players' guess correctly...the 'Lying Rogue' makes one more 'TRUE or FALSE' claim to both 'Rogue Players'.
These TRUE/FALSE tie breakers will continue until only one 'Rogue Player' guesses correctly.
In that case, the 'Rogue Player' who correctly answered will become the next 'Lying Rogue'...fully accredited with all accrued glory and responsibilities for beginning/moderating the next round of 'ROGUE CUP CHALLENGE' .
I think @IAMTAT is ready to be one of the contestants.

We just need 1 more volunteer. 

Don't make us get the pig masks out! God forbid if TAT grabs a spatula. For the sake of RN3, someone join in!
I don't suppose a previous Lying Rogue can be one of the questioners, can they?

Ahem...<asking for a friend!>   tinycool
Tell your friend he'd be welcomed.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Looks like we got our 2 unless someone new volunteers before JinMI post their filthy lies.
I'm in.
FCD...are you in?

I'm not always around, so if the flow of this game is contingent upon active, daily participation, then skip me.   If later in the game you need more vic..... I mean participants, I'm in!   Love a challenge and especially quirky stuff like this.   weeeeee!
(04-07-2022, 10:48 PM)argentus Wrote: I'm not always around, so if the flow of this game is contingent upon active, daily participation, then skip me.   If later in the game you need more vic..... I mean participants, I'm in!   Love a challenge and especially quirky stuff like this.   weeeeee!

If you can be accessible for a couple hours in one evening...there'd be no problem.

While you guys settle on the 2nd, ill get the statements out.

1.  Ive never met Rob Zombie

2.  Ive never met the band Metallica (member changes excluded for arguments sake)

3. Ive never met the band Slipknkot.  (Member changes excluded for arguments sake)
(04-07-2022, 10:42 PM)IAMTAT Wrote: I'm in.
FCD...are you in?

As a questioner??

Sure!

As a Rogue Liar, well, I'm still worn out from last time!   tinylaughing 

Carry on!
(04-07-2022, 11:12 PM)FlyingClayDisk Wrote:
(04-07-2022, 10:42 PM)IAMTAT Wrote: I'm in.
FCD...are you in?

As a questioner??

Sure!

As a Rogue Liar, well, I'm still worn out from last time!   tinylaughing 

Carry on!
Jinmi is the Rogue Liar for this one.

You and I will question.

Jinmi...post your 3 claims when ready.

The peanut gallery has many questions already and is pretty jealous.
(04-07-2022, 11:10 PM)Jinmi Wrote: While you guys settle on the 2nd, ill get the statements out.

2.  Ive never met the band Metallica (member changes excluded for arguments sake)

3. Ive never met the band Slipknkot.  (Member changes excluded for arguments sake)

I don't know a thing about these bands...or metal bands in general.
Never even heard of Slipnkot.

(04-07-2022, 11:20 PM)FauxMulder Wrote: The peanut gallery has many questions already and is pretty jealous.

Take over for me.
I'm useless with music.

(04-07-2022, 11:20 PM)FauxMulder Wrote: The peanut gallery has many questions already and is pretty jealous.

Swing away.
(04-07-2022, 11:21 PM)IAMTAT Wrote:
(04-07-2022, 11:10 PM)Jinmi Wrote: While you guys settle on the 2nd, ill get the statements out.

Well, we have communicated through the years.  So knowing me is more important than the bands.

minusculebeercheers
(04-07-2022, 11:21 PM)IAMTAT Wrote:

Not even Metallica? I'm surprised yow know what the internet is  tinylaughing

Hmmmm. Maybe ask questions about the situations not band specific stuff. Try to sus it out that way
Good Grief!!  I guess I didn't realize we could do this challenge with inverse / negative statements.

I'm not even sure I know how to formulate a question to those statements!  LOL!

For example...How did you "not" meet <insert name>????  Or...When did you "not" meet <insert person>???  Or...What state were you in when you "didn't" meet <insert person/group>? 

The answer to every statement is basically 'infinity'.

I guess I'll follow IAMTAT's lead here; I may not be smart enough for this challenge.

ETA - I think I may throw in the towel here, right at the starting gate. I'm totally lost. Sorry.
(04-07-2022, 11:27 PM)FlyingClayDisk Wrote: Good Grief!!  I guess I didn't realize we could do this challenge with inverse / negative statements.

I'm not even sure I know how to formulate a question to those statements!  LOL!

For example...How did you "not" meet <insert name>????  Or...When did you "not" meet <insert person>???  Or...What state were you in when you "didn't" meet <insert person/group>? 

The answer to every statement is basically 'infinity'.

I guess I'll follow IAMTAT's lead here; I may not be smart enough for this challenge.

Yea, sorry.  We dont all have super interesting lives FCD!    tinybiggrin

I chose to play the questions instead of the content.

FIRST QUESTION...
Were you ever backstage at any Slipknkot or Slipknot concert?