Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
American Healthcare In Crisis
I am putting this in the "Man Made Disasters" discussion forum, because we are headed towards a huge disaster that is completely man-made.

Mrs. G placed a meme in "It's Just The Truth" discussion forum that motivated me to make this thread, because even if no one talks about it, it is coming, and it is already impacting every single one of us.

Forbes.com, wrote and article titled "Unless We Future-Proof Healthcare, Study Shows That By 2025, 75% Of Healthcare Workers Will Leave The Profession, by Jack Kelly. https://www.forbes.com/sites/jackkelly/2...be8132bcb2

We don't have to wait until 2025 to see the mass exodus, and exactly why. Big business has taken over medicine in America. You are strictly a consumer, and the only thing big business is interested in, is profit. You "are" expendable. Patients are the most highly expendable, and they do not care about throwing doctors and nurse under the bus to achieve their goal of maximum profit.

I am just a tiny bit quicker on the draw then most of my fellow nurses, or maybe just a wee bit braver. I saw the handwriting on the wall back in 2014 and left hospital nursing. I watched the focus of hospitals transition from patient care to profit, fairly rapidly. I tried to put my finger in the dike, but when it was drown or let go, I had to let go.

Just for the record, I am still a nurse, and on occasion I have to work "in" a hospital, but I do not work "for" any hospital. As a Forensic nurses I am employed by the State/County Safety Department, the same as the Police Department. However, we work "with" the Police, we "do not" work "for" the Police. This is extremely important for people to understand, and way too often some people get it wrong.

There are so many recent cases I could include in this post that speaks to the progressing disaster we are facing, but I will start with discussing the case of the Las Vegas Chief Nursing Officer, and the insane letter she sent out to her staff, chastising them and punishing them for being ungrateful, lazy slaves. Why there is a nurse still employed by that hospital is a mystery to me, because there is not enough money on the planet, that would have kept me at that hospital if I were on staff and had received that letter. But this also speaks to the problem of nurses being so poorly treated and abused that it is like they have Stockholm syndrome.

I will add the news report, and follow that with a video that goes into the meat and the potatoes of this incident. It is really long and a bit too snarky for my taste, but she connects all the dots.

Now let's look at the RaDonda Vaught case.

Nurse Vaught made a terrible medication error, that caused the death of a patient. But that is only the tip of this iceberg. The hospital covered it up, and lied. But when an anonymous report was sent to the government, revealing their deception, they then proceeded to throw the nurse under the bus.

All attention was shifted to the nurse who admitted her error from the beginning, though she is far from being the only one that bears some responsibility in this error. She has become the scapegoat. The decision by the courts to make this a "criminal offense", is going to speed up the medical workers exodus to warp speed. The cost of insurance medical workers are going to need, is going to decrease their income significantly, or prohibit them from working at all.

I am not saying RaDonda is not guilty of the error. I am saying the mistake was not intentional, or "criminal", and this verdict is going to be a death knell for nursing.

I am including two videos. One with a brief synopsis of the situation, and the other much more detailed, and very, very long.

Thrown under the bus and punished only because they came after the hospital.

I know both of these situations, will be viewed from a personal and visceral point of view. There will be conflicting points of view. These are just two cases that speak to some of the reasons we will see a continuation in the decline in medicine. Both have the hospitals at the core of the situations, and in both, the nurses get thrown under the bus. They are making the price way too high for nurses and doctors, to stay in medicine, and we will all be impacted, negatively, I must add.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

Great write up!

Too bad I chose to read it while I am on hold while trying to make an appointment with my Orthopedic surgeon!  (Now going on 20 minutes).

Just seems like there should be some privatized way around all of this, but I guess the roadblock is likely the bigger, more complex, hospital equipment and facilities which are likely out of reach to individual physicians in a privatized environment.

We're basically screwed.  And the hell of it is, I have really good insurance too, but even it can be very frustrating.
@"NightskyeB4Dawn" 

When government began getti ng involved with healthcare, it turned every hospital into a VA center.

tinysure
"I be ridin' they be hatin'."
-Abraham Lincoln
[Image: 5SlndFw.jpg]
https://twitter.com/davidaxelrod/status/...4626134023

[Image: wVgMRbe.jpg]

Affordable Care Act

Biden's healthcare fantasy disaster is HARPA. Yes, modeled after DARPA. Welcome to militarized medicine for all.

HARPA, for all its tech wizardry is still what Lenin called Bourgeoise Reformism. HARPA is the Holy Grail of massive, ubiquitous surveillance seen by Technocrats as necessary to control society according to their science of social engineering. Something along those lines.

Trifecta: DARPA, IARPA And Now HARPA To Complete ‘Digital Dictatorship’

Checkout their Blueprint.

Yea, conscript us all into digital soldiers. The HARPA database that they are trying to put in place right now to collect ALL our biological & personal info to stop Covid and cure diseases which in reality is likely to become the largest AI surveillance program in the history of mankind. Nice huh?!
"The New World fell not to a sword but to a meme." – Daniel Quinn

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that." ― John Lennon

Rogue News says that the US is a reality show posing as an Empire.

(04-04-2022, 07:43 PM)EndtheMadnessNow Wrote: [Image: 5SlndFw.jpg]
https://twitter.com/davidaxelrod/status/...4626134023

[Image: wVgMRbe.jpg]

Affordable Care Act

Biden's healthcare fantasy disaster is HARPA. Yes, modeled after DARPA. Welcome to militarized medicine for all.

HARPA, for all its tech wizardry is still what Lenin called Bourgeoise Reformism. HARPA is the Holy Grail of massive, ubiquitous surveillance seen by Technocrats as necessary to control society according to their science of social engineering. Something along those lines.

Trifecta: DARPA, IARPA And Now HARPA To Complete ‘Digital Dictatorship’

Checkout their Blueprint.

Yea, conscript us all into digital soldiers. The HARPA database that they are trying to put in place right now to collect ALL our biological & personal info to stop Covid and cure diseases which in reality is likely to become the largest AI surveillance program in the history of mankind. Nice huh?!

In the 90's they wanted to call it GEMS

Global Expeditionary Medical Systems

I know, I was there at the start of it.

tinyhuh
"I be ridin' they be hatin'."
-Abraham Lincoln
Our youngest daughter recently left a large university hospital system in SC to do home health care. She was tired of being overworked and treated like shit, forced to obey ridiculous protocols that took away from actual patient care. She is much happier now and is making more money, a win/win situation for her!
"As an American it's your responsibility to have your own strategic duck stockpile. You can't expect the government to do it for you." - the dork I call one of my mom's other kids
[Image: Tiny-Ducks.jpg]
(04-04-2022, 07:55 PM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote: Our youngest daughter recently left a large university hospital system in SC to do home health care. She was tired of being overworked and treated like shit, forced to obey ridiculous protocols that took away from actual patient care. She is much happier now and is making more money, a win/win situation for her!

Hospital nursing is going to go through a serious change and it is going to cost us dearly.

I used to work as a travel nurse, in the same State where I lived. I was making three times the money the hospital nurses were making, in the same hospital where I was contracted. The beauty, for me, of travel nursing, is that you don't get caught up in the drama and the politics of the facility, and you know that you are out of there in just three months or less.

You can extend your contract if they wish, and you want to stay, or you can say sayonara, and make sure the door doesn't hit you where the good Lord split ya, as you ride off into the sunset, and on to your next gig.

There is no way I would ever work in a hospital again. I worked over twenty years in home healthcare as an infusion nurse. It was great pay, the hours could get a little crazy in season, but in that job, it was always feast or famine, so you learned to be a master at budgeting.

There are a ton of nursing venues that do not involve hospitals, and many do not require direct patient care. Nurses are not the only ones leaving the hospitals. If they cut that poor nurse off at the knees, what do we think will happen to doctors. They are going to go for everything below the neck.

I guess the hospitals will have government absolve them of all responsibilities of harm, like they did for big pharma. I guess there will be signs posted everywhere saying, "Enter At Your Own Risk", and they will make you sign away your birthrights and your first born to be eligible for care in government controlled Kingdom Hospitals.

• minusculebeercheers 

(04-04-2022, 07:43 PM)EndtheMadnessNow Wrote: Checkout their Blueprint.

What could possibly go wrong?

The unholy trinity. The government, big pharma, and the graduates from Mengele's School of Medicine and Scientific Research.

You can expect the new race of super beings, fresh from the lab to conquer, suppress, and control any "God Children", that the rebellious dare bring into this world of the Great Reset.

Why does this seem to look and sound exactly like a combo of your favorite comics and the your favorite sci-fi movies?

• minusculebeercheers 

I know patriotic Americans will hate this answer, but a fully government managed healthcare system could expel the profit motive. It might even be possible to have medical care "free at the point of treatment".
(04-04-2022, 09:03 PM)DISRAELI Wrote: I know patriotic Americans will hate this answer, but a fully government managed healthcare system could expel the profit motive. It might even be possible to have medical care "free at the point of treatment".

At what cost?

We have already seen that the government, medicine, and big pharma, have no problem with using the entire population as guinea pigs, including babies and children.

I am sorry, but I have no trust, and I have no faith in a government, that works with big businesses, at the expense and the well being of the people.

Free is not a good enough, when the real price is being paid by the patient, by putting their life and health at risk. That is purely the way I see it. I am sure that there will be many that are willing to take the risk. They play on people's fear, and the fear of death is a biggy. So it is likely to be very effective, and they will have no shortage of subjects. I mean specimens. I mean volunteers.

• minusculebeercheers 

(04-04-2022, 09:18 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
(04-04-2022, 09:03 PM)DISRAELI Wrote: I know patriotic Americans will hate this answer, but a fully government managed healthcare system could expel the profit motive. It might even be possible to have medical care "free at the point of treatment".

At what cost?

Mainly taxation, obviously. That's what happens in some other countries. Let's put it this way; wherever a taxation-based system exists, the population are not up in arms demanding an insurance-based system instead. They think their system, however flawed it might be, is preferable to the alternatives.

No it won't!

Did you ever see the movie Office Space?  It was a comedy, but the underpinning theme was the notion of incremental increases across a massive data set, namely a few "fractions of a cent across thousands of transactions".  Well, this is the exact same way politicians view taxes!  They think a seemingly small incremental increase across a massive data set (i.e. us taxpayers) will allow them to fix anything.  Crooked big Pharma and insurance companies absolutely LOVE this approach.

Couple the above concept with the notion of ..."We're the Government, and we're here to help you!" (aka...we're gonna' fuck everything up fifty times worse than you could have EVER imagined!)...and you have an award winning recipe for the most incomprehensibly fucked up, non-functional and colossally inefficient as well as expensive system imaginable!

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust the 'government' to "fix" anything, they'll only fuck it up 10x worse!!!!
(04-04-2022, 09:36 PM)FlyingClayDisk Wrote:

No it won't!

Did you ever see the movie Office Space?  It was a comedy, but the underpinning theme was the notion of incremental increases across a massive data set, namely a few "fractions of a cent across thousands of transactions".  Well, this is the exact same way politicians view taxes!  They think a seemingly small incremental increase across a massive data set (i.e. us taxpayers) will allow them to fix anything.  Crooked big Pharma and insurance companies absolutely LOVE this approach.

Couple the above concept with the notion of ..."We're the Government, and we're here to help you!" (aka...we're gonna' fuck everything up fifty times worse than you could have EVER imagined!)...and you have an award winning recipe for the most incomprehensibly fucked up, non-functional and colossally inefficient as well as expensive system imaginable!

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust the 'government' to "fix" anything, they'll only fuck it up 10x worse!!!!
I can only repeat my previous answer; it has been made to work in other countries, who are happy with the way it works.
(04-04-2022, 09:43 PM)DISRAELI Wrote:

No it won't!

I can only repeat my previous answer; it has been made to work in other countries, who are happy with the way it works.

Name one!

Canada? (where you have to wait 2 years to get treated for something which is going to kill you in 6 months?)

UK?  (where you have to wait 6 months to see a doctor...to even find out what's wrong with you?)

Russia?

France?

Antarctica?

Mars?
(04-04-2022, 09:46 PM)FlyingClayDisk Wrote:

No it won't!

Name one!

Canada? (where you have to wait 2 years to get treated for something which is going to kill you in 6 months?)

UK?  (where you have to wait 6 months to see a doctor...to even find out what's wrong with you?)

Russia?

France?

Antarctica?

Mars?
The other half of my previous answer was that the populations living under those systems prefer them, whatever flaws they might find. Having had experience of the system, they find it the lesser evil, anyway. I'm not aware of any polls or political movements demanding that people should be allowed to pay more money.
(04-04-2022, 09:46 PM)FlyingClayDisk Wrote:

No it won't!

Name one!

Russia?

France?

Antarctica?

Mars?

Go to the hospital in China, IF you get admitted and have NO insurance or cash, your nasty bed with dirty sheets is in the hallway or stairwell.
No, food service, no clean sheets, no toilet, no nurse checking on you and No Pain Medicine and your IV needle (if you get one) is from the other patient that just died.

You or your child need surgery? You had better have CASH in your hand or the doctor will tell you to go home.

Let the Government control healthcare, think about that,,,,, a politician comes into office worth $85,000. dollars in 6 or so years leaves office worth MILLIONS!
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(04-04-2022, 09:30 PM)DISRAELI Wrote:
(04-04-2022, 09:18 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:

At what cost?

Mainly taxation, obviously. That's what happens in some other countries. Let's put it this way; wherever a taxation-based system exists, the population are not up in arms demanding an insurance-based system instead. They think their system, however flawed it might be, is preferable to the alternatives.

The system they wish to establish is not worth the risk of them not crossing the line. No amount of money, and no promise of free healthcare, is worth the risks they are willing to take, with our lives, or our futures.

Here is a brief synopsis of some of the things they plan for us.

You can skip to 1:50 to hear the core of it. If you think they will stop with eye color and skin tone, then you are way too naive and trusting. If we allow this, they have never made a sci-fi movie that will ever come close to the disaster they will create in reality.

• minusculebeercheers 

No it won't!

They fuck it up so they can have job security. Hey look we still have this problem over here that we have tried to fix fifty times. Also, lately, it has been the same people trying to fix what they fucked up. Vicious circle, for us.
WHAT THE HELL !!
(04-04-2022, 10:15 PM)guohua Wrote: Go to the hospital in China, IF you get admitted and have NO insurance or cash, your nasty bed with dirty sheets is in the hallway or stairwell.
No, food service, no clean sheets, no toilet, no nurse checking on you and No Pain Medicine and your IV needle (if you get one) is from the other patient that just died.

You or your child need surgery? You had better have CASH in your hand or the doctor will tell you to go home.

Let the Government control healthcare, think about that,,,,, a politician comes into office worth $85,000. dollars in 6 or so years leaves office worth MILLIONS!

So then we agree, right??

You pretty much said exactly what I was thinking would be the end result of such a suggestion!
(04-04-2022, 10:39 PM)Tarzan the apeman. Wrote:

No it won't!

They fuck it up so they can have job security. Hey look we still have this problem over here that we have tried to fix fifty times. Also, lately, it has been the same people trying to fix what they fucked up. Vicious circle, for us.

Precisely!

Which was pretty much exactly my point!