Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
At the Oscars too?
I guess not even the Fresh Prince has a sense of humor anymore!

Everybody getting offending over everything these days!
"As an American it's your responsibility to have your own strategic duck stockpile. You can't expect the government to do it for you." - the dork I call one of my mom's other kids
[Image: Tiny-Ducks.jpg]
Wow..that was crazy. He seemed to laugh along with everyone else at first. For a minute I almost thought it was staged but after rewatching it I’m not sure. I miss the good days when people could take a joke. 

I gotta say Chris Rock took it well though.
DAMN!
What was the GI Jane joke or comment about I wonder.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(03-28-2022, 06:21 AM)VioletDove Wrote: Wow..that was crazy. He seemed to laugh along with everyone else at first. For a minute I almost thought it was staged but after rewatching it I’m not sure. I miss the good days when people could take a joke. 

I gotta say Chris Rock took it well though.

I don't know what the joke was that triggered this response, staged or otherwise, but jokes used to be funny, and done in good spirits.

Due to the internet, and the the move to desensitize people away from the feelings and concerns for others, some of the statements being passed off as joke, are just plain mean. They are not being said to bring laughter and camaraderie to a group, it is often to promote an a narrative or an agenda, or to demoralize and cancel those they oppose. Oh, and to gain attention on Twitter and the other social media site.

I don't watch TV, and I never watch the Oscars. It is just like everything on TV, it has gone straight to the bottom of the cesspool.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

(03-28-2022, 04:57 AM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote: I guess not even the Fresh Prince has a sense of humor anymore!

Everybody getting offending over everything these days!

I didn't watch the Oscars.  Haven't in decades really.

I've read the reports and watched the clip.

There's just no class, no dignity anymore.

Everything is hurt feelz, being a victim, being offended.

Will Smith will be starring in, "The Offengers" next.
"I be ridin' they be hatin'."
-Abraham Lincoln
(03-28-2022, 03:51 PM)guohua Wrote: DAMN!

Not sure if he was making fun of her hair or the fact that her career is so washed up that a crappy GI Jane sequel is the only work she could get. I don't like her so either way it's funny to me!
"As an American it's your responsibility to have your own strategic duck stockpile. You can't expect the government to do it for you." - the dork I call one of my mom's other kids
(03-28-2022, 04:20 PM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote:

Not sure if he was making fun of her hair or the fact that her career is so washed up that a crappy GI Jane sequel is the only work she could get. I don't like her so either way it's funny to me!

This looks like the meat and potatoes of it.

I am really not knowing what to think about this now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uImAmki-J38

• minusculebeercheers 

(03-28-2022, 04:00 PM)beez Wrote: I didn't watch the Oscars.  Haven't in decades really.

I've read the reports and watched the clip.

There's just no class, no dignity anymore.

Everything is hurt feelz, being a victim, being offended.

Will Smith will be starring in, "The Offengers" next.

Haven't watched the Oscars since before I was a teenager and there was no cable television offering alternatives- the incident was just all over the internet last night.

It's ironic that those who scream "Violence is wrong!" the loudest are now saying "He deserved it!"

Looked at social media this morning, said something about self-righteous jerks and had to walk away.

Every day I retreat further into my own world where crazy hasn't completely run amok.

A reference to her shaved head.

Apparently she has Alopecia so she wasn't impressed.

@"BIAD" said there is also history between them.

From what I can gather, Chris Rock made jokes about them when they boycotted a previous Oscar ceremony because there weren't enough black nominees.
(03-28-2022, 04:35 PM)Wide-Eyes Wrote:

From what I can gather, Chris Rock made jokes about them when they boycotted a previous Oscar ceremony because there weren't enough black nominees.

Yes, Thank You.
I took my own advice and googled it.

The Hollywood elites are really two faced.
They want us all to ride bikes or drive electric cars and not fly unless absolutely necessary. 
Let us not forget about Guns or Sharpe Objects or defending your Family and Home.

But they can walk up and Bitch Slap each other because of a poorly times joke.

I don't know much about this Will Smith actor, but I have read things about his wife and she wanted and has an Open Marriage.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(03-28-2022, 04:35 PM)Wide-Eyes Wrote:

Like I said, I am not sure what to think about this incident.

Even if there is bad blood between them, the joke did not warrant that kind of response.

I want to think it was staged and something they came up with together, but it looks pretty, real. Especially when you factor in Will's behavior when accepting the Oscar, and at the after party. From what has been going on with those "Red Table" talks, the Smith family is not just dysfunctional, they are more than a bit screwed up. Unless that too is a scam to keep them in the lime light. They are aging and are heading for just characters along memory lane. So it may just to keep them relevant.

This may just be a well planned gimmick to get people back to looking at and talking about the Oscars, because really, if it was not for this incident, who really would be talking about or even care about the Oscars?

• minusculebeercheers 

Something about baldness.  Remember GI Jane's head was shaved ... before she told her instructor to, "Suck my dick!!"?

Apparently, Jada Pinkeye Smith has lost her hair due to some medical condition ... at least that's the storyline.

If Will Smith decided to hit Chris Rock ... Chris Rock would have been done.  Remember all the training Will Smith had to do to take on the role of Muhammad Ali?  Once you've learned how to throw a punch, you don't forget.
'Cause if they catch you in the back seat trying to pick her locks
They're gonna send you back to Mother in a cardboard box
You better run!
(03-28-2022, 04:56 PM)Snarl Wrote:

Something about baldness.  Remember GI Jane's head was shaved ... before she told her instructor to, "Suck my dick!!"?

Apparently, Jada Pinkeye Smith has lost her hair due to some medical condition ... at least that's the storyline.

If Will Smith decided to hit Chris Rock ... Chris Rock would have been done.  Remember all the training Will Smith had to do to take on the role of Muhammad Ali?  Once you've learned how to throw a punch, you don't forget.

It has been said many places that Jada's hair lost is "not" due to "true" alopecia, and she is riding that train for sympathy.

I don't know, and it really should not be an issue. Just like Chris making a joke, comparing her to GI Jane, should not have been an issue. Chris Rock could have come up with a lot of truly mean and nasty jokes if he was trying to diss Jada. After all she has provided the world with a ship load of material.

This I believe is about Will. If it is real, then Will is slipping. I would definitely have him receiving support, care, and caution.

• minusculebeercheers 

All I have to add is that even formerly dignified ceremonies have gone the way of the Jerry Springer Show. We cut the cable years ago and only watch what we choose these days but sometimes the madness creeps into our internet feeds regardless.

I'd have never even seen this incident if it hadn't been plastered all over the web and would have probably been a lot better off!
Re-reading my reply above I see Jada Pinkeye Smith.  I'm usually an asshat and make fun of people's names I don't care for

... but that ...

that was all autocorrect.

smallrofl
'Cause if they catch you in the back seat trying to pick her locks
They're gonna send you back to Mother in a cardboard box
You better run!
(03-28-2022, 05:05 PM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote: All I have to add is that even formerly dignified ceremonies have gone the way of the Jerry Springer Show. We cut the cable years ago and only watch what we choose these days but sometimes the madness creeps into our internet feeds regardless.

I'd have never even seen this incident if it hadn't been plastered all over the web and would have probably been a lot better off!

They will get you going and coming. You can rest assured they will not let anything monopolize the internet, unless they want you to see it. They control it all.

I think whomever is controlling my feed, is getting to know me a bit better. Up until now, I have never clicked on anything in my feed. Yesterday must been a gift to my honey pot, because there were several videos that I did not pass up.

I still am very cautious of anything on the internet, whether I choose to research it, or if it just shows up in the feed. I always know that there are three side. The side I am drawn to, the side that is trying to manipulate me, and the unvarnished truth. My biggest challenge is being able to unbiasedly separate the raw truth from the unvarnished truth as it is presented.

• minusculebeercheers 

(03-28-2022, 05:30 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: They will get you going and coming. You can rest assured they will not let anything monopolize the internet, unless they want you to see it. They control it all.

I think whomever is controlling my feed, is getting to know me a bit better. Up until now, I have never clicked on anything in my feed. Yesterday must been a gift to my honey pot, because there were several videos that I did not pass up.

I still am very cautious of anything on the internet, whether I choose to research it, or if it just shows up in the feed. I always know that there are three side. The side I am drawn to, the side that is trying to manipulate me, and the unvarnished truth. My biggest challenge is being able to unbiasedly separate the raw truth from the unvarnished truth as it is presented.

My alphabet agency spying devices throw everything but the kitchen sink at me trying to find anything that sticks because they can't figure me out with their algorithms. I bounce all over the place whether it's news, music, shopping, hobbies, whatever. It's kind of fun messing with their heads for a change!

ADHD for the win!!!  tinylaughing
(03-28-2022, 05:46 PM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote: ADHD for the win!!!  tinylaughing

I knew there was a reason I liked you. We belong to the same club!

You can't help what you are, so you might as be the best that you can be.
minusculebeercheers

• minusculebeercheers 

Will Smith had it coming.  

You dont continue to use a man’s wife as the butt of jokes and not expect such.  Not if we are speaking about a man and not a boi.  If there was a prior episode, Id bet Smith knew better than do it again.  

I see both offenses as minor and evened out.

on edit: (I meant to say Chris Rock had it coming, 2 days later I figure out who’s who and what’s what….)
(03-28-2022, 05:52 PM)DesertBorn Wrote: Will Smith had it coming.  

You dont continue to use a man’s wife as the butt of jokes and not expect such.  Not if we are speaking about a man and not a boi.  If there was a prior episode, Id bet Smith knew better than do it again.  

I see both offenses as minor and evened out.

I thought it was an honor to be the butt of a joke at what is considered a mega event among the Hollywood crowd. Of course, what they think of as funny, is not funny to me at all. In some cases, like that roast they did of Bob Saget, are downright disgusting. But I think most of Hollywood is disgusting.

Chris's GI Jane joke was extremely mild. Too mild to warrant the response from Will. This is either fake or something else is going on here. The whole event stands out in neon, when you look at the speech Will gave when he received his award. The whole thing is so creepy that it screams. I just can't make out what it is screaming.

• minusculebeercheers