Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Some of "Pets"
Here's a couple pics of some of the "pets".  The K9 crewmembers get names, the others just get assigned a number...

[Image: jmMeoFQ.jpg]

[Image: tS00uGx.jpg]

[Image: GKdW7yk.jpg]

Rhode, Shelby and Cisco say..."HI, RN3!"
Ooh that little brown and white calf is adorable!
tinyinbiglove tinyinbiglove tinyinbiglove
I am WonderCow....hear me moo!
(03-24-2022, 09:15 PM)FlyingClayDisk Wrote: Here's a couple pics of some of the "pets".  The K9 crewmembers get names, the others just get assigned a number...

Thanks for the pictures.

Those calves are adorable.

The pups too. The one in the middle, reminds me of my Charlie, she was a Yellow Lab. I miss her so much.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

(03-24-2022, 09:15 PM)FlyingClayDisk Wrote: Here's a couple pics of some of the "pets".  The K9 crewmembers get names, the others just get assigned a number...

I can't believe you don't name them all!! Heck, I even name my household goods and kitchen appliances! Shame on you. Show some love! tinyinbiglove
(03-24-2022, 09:32 PM)MissBeck Wrote:

I can't believe you don't name them all!! Heck, I even name my household goods and kitchen appliances! Shame on you. Show some love! tinyinbiglove

It's not a good idea to name animals that you might want to eat.
I am WonderCow....hear me moo!
(03-24-2022, 09:38 PM)WonderCow Wrote:
(03-24-2022, 09:32 PM)MissBeck Wrote:

Are you kidding! I'd name them the sauce I was going to serve with each one! smallrofl
Hi Pups, how are you doing today, got enough exercise? 
Looking Good!  tinylaughing
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(03-24-2022, 09:38 PM)WonderCow Wrote: It's not a good idea to name animals that you might want to eat.

My Brother learned that with his children, but to no avail. They still name them, and then won't eat them when it comes to that time, which is okay.

Leaves more for me.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

(03-24-2022, 09:30 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: Thanks for the pictures.

Those calves are adorable.

The pups too. The one in the middle, reminds me of my Charlie, she was a Yellow Lab. I miss her so much.

Yeah, that was Shelby.  She was the matriarch of the other two.  Yellow Lab also (though hard to tell in the photo with her ears back like that).  She was pushing 14 in that picture.  Best dog a man could ever ask for, and one of the most accomplished bird-dogs ever.  She loved everyone and every thing; a kinder, more loving creature has never walked the face of this planet.  She's passed on now, but her memory will always be with me.

The one to the left of Shel is an Australian Shepard, and the one to the right is an Australian Cattle Dog.  Needless to say, the livestock don't like those two very much (understatement of the month!).  But ol' Shelby could walk right out with the momma cows and their calves and lay down with the calves and momma's wouldn't even bat an eye.  Even the cows loved her!  They'd even leave their calves with Shelby, just like they leave another momma cow to babysit while the others go munch on grass.  And they'd get mad at her and start bawling her out if she ever wandered off, just like they do with another momma cow assigned babysitting duty. 

I love animals!
(03-24-2022, 09:32 PM)MissBeck Wrote: I can't believe you don't name them all!! Heck, I even name my household goods and kitchen appliances! Shame on you. Show some love! tinyinbiglove

...or that someone else will. 

But yes, that is the correct answer; you don't name animals you don't want to get attached to.  Because then, well, you get attached to them.

Ahhh.... I miss moo moo cows! They are so awesome... Can be like great big dogs they can.. 

Give Rhode, Shelby and Cisco a pet and some rawhide bones from us!
(03-24-2022, 09:57 PM)FlyingClayDisk Wrote:
(03-24-2022, 09:32 PM)MissBeck Wrote: I can't believe you don't name them all!! Heck, I even name my household goods and kitchen appliances! Shame on you. Show some love! tinyinbiglove

...or that someone else will. 

But yes, that is the correct answer; you don't name animals you don't want to get attached to.  Because then, well, you get attached to them.

If you're telling me you don't get attached to the cows just because they have a number, not a name, then I don't believe you. You get attached anyway. And heck, there is nothing wrong with that at all. minusculebeercheers

Hi guys. Love critters.
(03-24-2022, 09:38 PM)WonderCow Wrote: It's not a good idea to name animals that you might want to eat.

So true, the closest we ever got to naming a cow was the one we called "the red cow", and this one particular one really was friendly and my daughter grew a bit attached. We kept telling her we were going to eat the cow at some point ,(it was a little small and better to eat than sell) and she swore she was fine with that.

Until the day we were sitting down to dinner and she asked if this dinner was the red cow and I said yes... We had to put up with bawling at the dinner table for a week.
In my teenage years, we had a hog farm up in Iowa. I joined 4H and my project was raising a calf. She was a little asshole, always head butting me when I fed her. My little sister named her Toodles. After the project had ended and Toodles ended up in the freezer, we were eating dinner one night and I commented on how good Toodles tasted. She definitely did not appreciate my comment and lost her appetite . Yes, I was a mean older brother.
The Truth is Out There, Somewhere
The pups are so adorable!

And the cows!! I want cows so bad but my husband won’t let me. He knows me too well. I have some friends that, when they go on trips, call me to check on their farm and feed the cows. I’m not gonna lie, I cry every time when it’s time for the cows to take their final trip. Oh and guess how they pay me for checking on their stuff?  Yes, they make sure I get some of the beef.

They also name them.
(03-24-2022, 10:38 PM)VioletDove Wrote: The pups are so adorable!

And the cows!! I want cows so bad but my husband won’t let me. He knows me too well. I have some friends that, when they go on trips, call me to check on their farm and feed the cows. I’m not gonna lie, I cry every time when it’s time for the cows to take their final trip. Oh and guess how they pay me for checking on their stuff?  Yes, they make sure I get some of the beef.

They also name them.

I really need to make friends with some farmers!
(03-24-2022, 09:26 PM)WonderCow Wrote: Ooh that little brown and white calf is adorable!
tinyinbiglove tinyinbiglove tinyinbiglove

And she was a total hoot too!  Somehow, she knew she was different than the other calves (duns are pretty rare in this breed, though her mother was a dun) so she tried to get away with murder on a daily basis.  We'd come home and 5 days out of 7 she'd be out running around.  I probably put 50 miles on the four wheeler looking for that damn calf, until she was about 6 mo.
(03-24-2022, 10:40 PM)MissBeck Wrote:

They also name them.

I really need to make friends with some farmers!

Farmers make great friends. They usually keep to themselves and have a lot of land and machinery for digging holes...if you ever find yourself needing a spot for a good sized hole.. tinylaughing

They also name them.

Thanks!

The only cows and/or bulls who get names if they're breed stock.  All the others just get tagged.