Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Weather System In Midwest USA
Has anyone noticed this system just west of Kentucky ? 

It was producing all kinds of tornadoes yesterday in Texas, close to Dallas Fort Worth. We were worried to death about one of our daughters and grandkid. But they were safe and it passed through. 

But, this system was suppose to pass this way in Louisville, Kentucky this morning, but it has stalled and not moving eastward at all. 

It's seems really weird to me. 

https://radar.weather.gov/?settings=v1_e...42fX0%3D#/

[Image: Screenshot-4.png]
The Truth is Out There, Somewhere
(03-22-2022, 11:00 PM)kdog Wrote: Has anyone noticed this system just west of Kentucky ? 

It was producing all kinds of tornadoes yesterday in Texas, close to Dallas Fort Worth. We were worried to death about one of our daughters and grandkid. But they were safe and it passed through. 

But, this system was suppose to pass this way in Louisville, Kentucky this morning, but it has stalled and not moving eastward at all. 

Yes.
And [Image: Animation.gif?ve=1&tl=1]
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(03-22-2022, 11:23 PM)guohua Wrote:
(03-22-2022, 11:00 PM)kdog Wrote: Has anyone noticed this system just west of Kentucky ? 

Yes.
And [Image: Animation.gif?ve=1&tl=1]

Coincidence ?
I just counted 8 tornadoes down in Alabama .

[Image: Screenshot-5.png]
We got lucky down here, the worst was north of us.
(I am just 30 miles north of New Orleans)

However, despite the local forecasters putting us in the orange, many people were worried and they closed several schools down.

Needless to say, other than being extremely windy with a sprinkle here or there, no bad storms.

Now we may get the tailend of it in a little while, but the band is not that narrow and hopefully will pass by with only rain.

Now central/north Mississippi, OMG ---- they were storm warnings all over the place!!

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

(03-22-2022, 11:35 PM)kdog Wrote: I just counted 8 tornadoes down in Alabama .

[Image: Screenshot-5.png]

Yep, they always catch the worst of the storms -- central MS/AL 

Hope no one was seriously injured

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

Naw,,, it's just climate change, man made, just ask the NWO tool, Greta Thunberg, Young Climate Activist.

I am under it as we speak. Albeit, the far northern edge of the whole deal. Been raining the whole day. Grateful there are no tornadoes but we are a little too cold for that right now. Prayers going out to those affected down south.
(03-22-2022, 11:43 PM)guohua Wrote: Naw,,, it's just climate change, man made, just ask the NWO tool, Greta Thunberg, Young Climate Activist.

It's HAARP I tell you !
That is a frightening amount of tornadoes. I hope nobody was injured. 

I think that was the same system that moved through Oklahoma and caused a lot of damage near where some of my family live yesterday. I talked to them today and they still don’t have power restored which doesn’t surprise me because there was so much damage in the area where it touched down. I did find where it was rated as an EF2 but not much word on injuries there.

It was strange to me because there were tornadoes spotted where they don’t normally occur and I was a nervous wreck because one was spotted where my mom was, then close to my daughter and one rotating storm was going towards where my husband works then that one further south where the damage occurred.
Prayers for Senona, looked like a few tornadoes close to her. This storm is crazy.
My nerves are just about shot from all these storms.   There have been so many over the last few months.   I watched on tv as my hometown got destroyed by the tornadoes in December and I will be forever traumatized by it.   I went up there to help and we rang in the New Year watching the Weather Channel because there were more tornado warnings.  It was definitely not a fun way to start the year.  I don't think I have really calmed down since and it seems like every week there is a new threat somewhere.  This storm came within 20 miles of me just a couple of hours ago - sirens were going off.  Hope everyone is staying safe.  I'm afraid it's just going to get worse over the next few weeks.
(03-23-2022, 11:19 AM)GATS22 Wrote: My nerves are just about shot from all these storms.   There have been so many over the last few months.   I watched on tv as my hometown got destroyed by the tornadoes in December and I will be forever traumatized by it.   I went up there to help and we rang in the New Year watching the Weather Channel because there were more tornado warnings.  It was definitely not a fun way to start the year.  I don't think I have really calmed down since and it seems like every week there is a new threat somewhere.  This storm came within 20 miles of me just a couple of hours ago - sirens were going off.  Hope everyone is staying safe.  I'm afraid it's just going to get worse over the next few weeks.

Sorry to hear that.
Stay Safe and keep water and food stocked up.
I've never been through a Tornado, but I heard the Bathtub was the place to be, don't know for sure, but please be careful.
Can military radars cause strange weather events ?
(03-23-2022, 04:45 PM)Kenzo Wrote: Can military radars cause strange weather events ?

I don't know.
We really don't know the Advancements in the last 70 years in Radar do we.
(03-23-2022, 04:39 PM)guohua Wrote:
(03-23-2022, 11:19 AM)GATS22 Wrote: My nerves are just about shot from all these storms.   There have been so many over the last few months.   I watched on tv as my hometown got destroyed by the tornadoes in December and I will be forever traumatized by it.   I went up there to help and we rang in the New Year watching the Weather Channel because there were more tornado warnings.  It was definitely not a fun way to start the year.  I don't think I have really calmed down since and it seems like every week there is a new threat somewhere.  This storm came within 20 miles of me just a couple of hours ago - sirens were going off.  Hope everyone is staying safe.  I'm afraid it's just going to get worse over the next few weeks.

Sorry to hear that.
I've never been through a Tornado, but I heard the Bathtub was the place to be, don't know for sure, but please be careful.

Thank you.  I'm just now getting back over here.  I went out of town & have just been working outside and not online much at all.   

I try to stay pretty stocked up & have some helmets on hand.  I've always heard to get in the bathtub preferably with a mattress on top if you can.  I have a friend that survived a tornado that way several years ago.

There sure do seem to be a lot of storms full of tornadoes lately.  It definitely seems more frequent than I ever remember.  Hope everyone is staying safe.
(04-08-2022, 11:49 PM)GATS22 Wrote:
(03-23-2022, 04:39 PM)guohua Wrote:

Sorry to hear that.

Thank you.  I'm just now getting back over here.  I went out of town & have just been working outside and not online much at all.   

I try to stay pretty stocked up & have some helmets on hand.  I've always heard to get in the bathtub preferably with a mattress on top if you can.  I have a friend that survived a tornado that way several years ago.

There sure do seem to be a lot of storms full of tornadoes lately.  It definitely seems more frequent than I ever remember.  Hope everyone is staying safe.

Yeah, on our local news channel, they were talking about this being the most tornadoes in our surrounding area for the month of March. Actually 2 in a week for our area..... not good

April, sure but then again, the tornados are usually north of us, not in our backyard, so to speak (within 15 miles)

In fact, I just found out today, the RV trailer park where I live, is going to be accepting roughly 70 FEMA travel trailers for the tornado victims.

I saw them today doing the survey for water lines and flagging areas near me. 

I just hope the dumbazzes know to check if they have slideouts, to take into account extra space needed, making sure there is plenty of room (at least 3 ft) when they bring them in.

This last guy they parked next to me, they lined up his trailer and forgot about his slideout.
Which was very damn close to the front side of my 5th wheel once he let it out.

Good thing my slideouts are only on the backside, otherwise he would have moved his trailer over

Just hope I'm here when they start bringing them in, so I can keep an eye on my space.

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

We had sleet off and on today and they are using a term I had never heard before.  Graupel. Never really ever seen it before. Like big sleet. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graupel#:~...%20pellets.
(04-09-2022, 12:43 AM)kdog Wrote: We had sleet off and on today and they are using a term I had never heard before.  Graupel. Never really ever seen it before. Like big sleet. 

Never heard that before either, huh

Wonder why they are using the German word instead of just saying the usual hail or sleet?

Is that being politically correct or just thought they would add a new word to the weather vocabulary?! 
Who knows....well, we learned a new word. LOL

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

(04-09-2022, 12:43 AM)kdog Wrote: We had sleet off and on today and they are using a term I had never heard before.  Graupel. Never really ever seen it before. Like big sleet. 

Hmm! Didn't know it had a name. I always called it styrofoam snow cause it looked like little styrofoam pellets. lol Thanks for sharing that!