Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Been looking for one for years
Finally found a decent deal on a gun I've wanted for so long, great addition to my worthless(to me, usage wise) collection.

Bought a beautiful CZ 550 Safari in 375 Holland and Holland.

As someone who doesn't even hunt locally, this is a great addition. It's an amazing rifle and is capable of taking any big game on the african continent(of which, I'll never do).

But it's fun to shoot soup cans with, and I love looking at it. Nobody ever said I was good with money or with firearms purchases, but it's my one vice.

I'll probably have more fun handloading the bullets than shooting them, and It will look good in the safe right next the the 458 win mag that will never see any hunting use.

tinybigeyes
(03-19-2022, 04:49 AM)MisterSpock Wrote: Finally found a decent deal on a gun I've wanted for so long, great addition to my worthless(to me, usage wise) collection.

As someone who doesn't even hunt locally, this is a great addition. It's an amazing rifle and is capable of taking any big game on the african continent(of which, I'll never do).

But it's fun to shoot soup cans with, and I love looking at it. Nobody ever said I was good with money or with firearms purchases, but it's my one vice.

I'll probably have more fun handloading the bullets than shooting them, and It will look good in the safe right next the the 458 win mag that will never see any hunting use.

tinybigeyes
If Scott Fargus and his yellow eyes has anything to do with it your going to shoot an eye out
(03-19-2022, 04:57 AM)Brotherman Wrote:
(03-19-2022, 04:49 AM)MisterSpock Wrote: Finally found a decent deal on a gun I've wanted for so long, great addition to my worthless(to me, usage wise) collection.

tinybigeyes
If Scott Fargus and his yellow eyes has anything to do with it your going to shoot an eye out

With this one, I wouldn't worry about my eye, it would be the 5 lbs of my head behind the eye that could be a problem.
@"MisterSpock" 

Congrats on your new acquisition!
Now get out there and obliterate those pesky soup cans!

New weapons are so much fun!
"As an American it's your responsibility to have your own strategic duck stockpile. You can't expect the government to do it for you." - the dork I call one of my mom's other kids
[Image: Tiny-Ducks.jpg]
(03-19-2022, 04:49 AM)MisterSpock Wrote: Finally found a decent deal on a gun I've wanted for so long, great addition to my worthless (to me, usage wise) collection.

My nails are reaching out to scratch another itch myself.  Will see if this one bears fruit as it is a bucket list acquisition.

Cobbled together a Savage Axis2 in .308 last year.  She's a true tack-driver and was super pleased to find that out.  All the work's done (perfect chamber tuning, bedding, steel rail, scoped, break-in).  I've got a couple-hundred cases perfectly sized and primed.  Need to build some ladders and get busy cranking out some handholds for better weather.  Once I've found her nodes am hoping to dial her in to <.2" MOA. Definitely going up the tree-stand with me this deer season.

Tell me: How many rounds can you let off with that .375 before you've sated your recoil addiction?
'Cause if they catch you in the back seat trying to pick her locks
They're gonna send you back to Mother in a cardboard box
You better run!
"Tell me: How many rounds can you let off with that .375 before you've sated your recoil addiction?"

I haven't shot the 375 yet, but I have a 458 win mag.

Usually about 4 or 5 shots and I've had my fun, I'm happy to pass it around to anyone else, they usually only shoot 1 or 2 rounds.

These big bores are fun, but the recoil is stout and at 4 or 5 dollars a round it's a brief range day.
To make it clear, we lost all weapons in a boating accident in some lake I don't remember where.
The Truth is Out There, Somewhere
(03-21-2022, 03:56 AM)kdog Wrote: To make it clear, we lost all weapons in a boating accident in some lake I don't remember where.

I think that goes without saying for all of us.
I kind of want a lever action, maybe pistol calibre, .357. Maybe a Marlin, or Chiappa.
(03-21-2022, 04:00 AM)vonclod Wrote: I kind of want a lever action, maybe pistol calibre, .357. Maybe a Marlin, or Chiappa.

I do too, something about the versatility. A nice 357 lever will eat everything from 38 pop loads up to stout 357 that would take medium game in most of the country.

Plus, great gun to buy threaded and throw my can on those subsonic 38 wadcutters.
(03-21-2022, 04:02 AM)MisterSpock Wrote:
(03-21-2022, 04:00 AM)vonclod Wrote: I kind of want a lever action, maybe pistol calibre, .357. Maybe a Marlin, or Chiappa.

I do too, something about the versatility. A nice 357 lever will eat everything from 38 pop loads up to stout 357 that would take medium game in most of the country.

Plus, great gun to buy threaded and throw my can on those subsonic 38 wadcutters.

Must consider the scarcity of Small Pistol Magnum primers.
You better run!
(03-21-2022, 04:04 AM)Snarl Wrote:

Yup, I have tons of components, the primers are what I have to pick and choose with. Small pistol primers are the least of any primer I have, since my reloading was always around high cost, low volume pistol stuff(big bore, 480, 44, 41mag, 500, etc).

Being able to shoot .38 is something to consider for sure..ammo is not cheap, and yes, subsonic and a can would be pretty quiet. No cans allowed here.
(03-21-2022, 04:10 AM)vonclod Wrote:

Being able to shoot .38 is something to consider for sure..ammo is not cheap, and yes, subsonic and a can would be pretty quiet. No cans allowed here.

I'll be shooting alot of 38 this summer. My dad gave me about 500 rounds of old police department training wadcutters. I also have about 300rnds of wadcutters I loaded up a few years ago. Between that and 22lr, that will pretty much be my summer. Everything else I have, I can't replace and therefor won't be shooting.
(03-21-2022, 04:07 AM)MisterSpock Wrote: [quote pid='78091' dateline='1647831889']

Yup, I have tons of components, the primers are what I have to pick and choose with. Small pistol primers are the least of any primer I have, since my reloading was always around high cost, low volume pistol stuff(big bore, 480, 44, 41mag, 500, etc).
[/quote]

I finally got a brick of SPMs out of KYGunCo a couple weeks back.  Set me back about $110 after taxes.
You better run!
(03-21-2022, 04:15 AM)Snarl Wrote:
(03-21-2022, 04:07 AM)MisterSpock Wrote: [quote pid='78091' dateline='1647831889']

I finally got a brick of SPMs out of KYGunCo a couple weeks back.  Set me back about $110 after taxes.
[/quote]

That's not bad, used to be around 75 to 80, plus hazardous.

Honestly, I haven't seen any around, didn't even think any were getting packaged as most manufacturers were just funneling their primer production right into ammunition production.
(03-21-2022, 04:13 AM)MisterSpock Wrote:

I'll be shooting alot of 38 this summer. My dad gave me about 500 rounds of old police department training wadcutters. I also have about 300rnds of wadcutters I loaded up a few years ago. Between that and 22lr, that will pretty much be my summer. Everything else I have, I can't replace and therefor won't be shooting.
I mostly shoot PCP airguns, pretty much all I did during lockdown crap here. I can shoot in my yard, which is very nice. Got pretty good. But, time to have a little something something bigger for tshtf.
(03-21-2022, 04:20 AM)vonclod Wrote:

I mostly shoot PCP airguns, pretty much all I did during lockdown crap here. I can shoot in my yard, which is very nice. Got pretty good. But, time to have a little something something bigger for tshtf.

Air is about all I can shoot in my yard, but I'm a member of a range about 5 miles away, they have up to 1000yd rifle and several smaller(pistol, rifle) ranges over about 200 acres.

I always wanted a PCP, I just have a Nitro 22 and several co2 replica/blowback pistols(sig, broomhandle, etc).
The good news for me, in a way, is that I spend as much time trying to organize all my shit as I do reloading, so it keeps my component consumption low.

[Image: 20220320-222432.jpg]
(03-21-2022, 04:22 AM)MisterSpock Wrote:
(03-21-2022, 04:20 AM)vonclod Wrote:

Air is about all I can shoot in my yard, but I'm a member of a range about 5 miles away, they have up to 1000yd rifle and several smaller(pistol, rifle) ranges over about 200 acres.

I always wanted a PCP, I just have a Nitro 22 and several co2 replica/blowback pistols(sig, broomhandle, etc).

We have a his and her matching set of BARRETT M107 A1 .50, my husband asked me not to show the pictures.
He likes the idea of being able to reach-out and touch someone.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]