Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
$127.5 Million Settlement for Parkland (School Shooting) Families
That's what ... about $3mil for each case?

How does one recognize a payout over a school shooting.  I mean, if you get shot walking through the mall ... it's not like the government is going to pay your family $3mil for that.  Why do it because it happened at a school?

If there was some kind of problem related to the school, why are the taxpayers on the hook?  Why doesn't this come out of the school budget? Or the security guard's paychecks?  Or the sheriff's ... or his deputy's?

Stoopid happens more often than I care to see it.
'Cause if they catch you in the back seat trying to pick her locks
They're gonna send you back to Mother in a cardboard box
You better run!
Link
'Cause if they catch you in the back seat trying to pick her locks
They're gonna send you back to Mother in a cardboard box
You better run!
(03-18-2022, 02:19 PM)Snarl Wrote: That's what ... about $3mil for each case?

How does one recognize a payout over a school shooting.  I mean, if you get shot walking through the mall ... it's not like the government is going to pay your family $3mil for that.  Why do it because it happened at a school?

If there was some kind of problem related to the school, why are the taxpayers on the hook?  Why doesn't this come out of the school budget? Or the security guard's paychecks?  Or the sheriff's ... or his deputy's?

So now we have to pay for others' actions. That sucks.

Quote:
Quote:FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) — Federal officials confirmed Wednesday that the U.S. Department of Justice has reached a multimillion-dollar settlement with the families of most of those killed or wounded in a 2018 Florida high school massacre over the FBI's failure to stop the gunman even though it had received information he intended to attack.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/florid...ar-AAVa4My

They are paying because they said the FBI dropped the ball.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

Thats awful suspicious.  Is it for victems only and Im sure it will be hard to find the student registry or who is part of the payouts no?
(03-18-2022, 11:15 PM)Arccra12 Wrote:

Thats awful suspicious.  Is it for victems only and Im sure it will be hard to find the student registry or who is part of the payouts no?

I think you are right.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(03-18-2022, 11:15 PM)Arccra12 Wrote: Thats awful suspicious.  Is it for victems only and Im sure it will be hard to find the student registry or who is part of the payouts no?

It can't be only for victims because there were only 34 victims - 17 killed and 17 injured - and one of the victims did not take part in the suit.

The suit involved 40 settlements, so that's 7 who are being compensated that had no injury related to the shooting.
(03-21-2022, 12:13 PM)Grace Wrote:
(03-18-2022, 11:15 PM)Arccra12 Wrote: Thats awful suspicious.  Is it for victems only and Im sure it will be hard to find the student registry or who is part of the payouts no?

It can't be only for victims because there were only 34 victims - 17 killed and 17 injured - and one of the victims did not take part in the suit.

The suit involved 40 settlements, so that's 7 who are being compensated that had no injury related to the shooting.

They are probably claiming mental trauma.
I am WonderCow....hear me moo!

Are the Schools not liable and responsible for your child's welfare and safety whilst they are on the premises?

If so that may be the reason such a pay-out is warranted.

Same way as if you are in a shopping mall and one of the roof tiles falls and injures you, you can sue them for a decent amount.

I would have though it would have came out of the schools budget all the same as opposed to the public purse.