Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Several Job openings
Do you hear the call of adventure ? Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed and just want to go kill something ? Maybe you have a death wish but want to go out in a fire ball of glory ? Well the Ukraine has something for you !
Do I get one of those snazzy foreign legion uniforms? A free AK? Will the fair maidens of Ukraine swoon when I walk by? AND a paycheck?!?!

Somehow I don't think my wife is going to be onboard with this plan  tinybiggrin
(03-02-2022, 11:00 PM)ABNARTY Wrote: Do I get one of those snazzy foreign legion uniforms? A free AK? Will the fair maidens of Ukraine swoon when I walk by? AND a paycheck?!?!

Somehow I don't think my wife is going to be onboard with this plan  tinybiggrin

The free AK is a given, although I don't think they'll let you pick your favorite - it's usually just what's on top of the pile when your place in line gets to the pile. Snazzy uniform with chest confetti is also probably a given - they might even let you wear a feather plume in your hat!

Swooning fair maidens is a given too - chicks dig uniforms!

But the paycheck... "volunteer" usually means no paycheck, or if one is forthcoming, it's usually pretty tiny. You're lucky if you get fed, although I've seen pictures of a lot of eating going on amongst Ukrainian fighters, so you might be in luck there.

But Ukrainian chicks are hot, so there is that to consider. They're hot until the day the turn 35. On that day, they suddenly get all dumpy and wrinkly, and appear to be around 80.

Overnight.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

In my younger days I would have thought about going for a Mig 27 or 29 check out. There are many targets of opportunity from what I have seen. Just load me up with Napalm, anti vehicle cluster munitions, and a decent load out for an air to air engagement and I would have been happy to go once upon a time... Now, after golf I just want to eat and sleep !! hahaha

Do they have golf even outside the war zone in the Ukraine ? No golf no go...! So I guess that settles it..
(03-03-2022, 12:33 AM)Ninurta Wrote:
(03-02-2022, 11:00 PM)ABNARTY Wrote: Do I get one of those snazzy foreign legion uniforms? A free AK? Will the fair maidens of Ukraine swoon when I walk by? AND a paycheck?!?!

The free AK is a given, although I don't think they'll let you pick your favorite - it's usually just what's on top of the pile when your place in line gets to the pile. Snazzy uniform with chest confetti is also probably a given - they might even let you wear a feather plume in your hat!

Swooning fair maidens is a given too - chicks dig uniforms!

But the paycheck... "volunteer" usually means no paycheck, or if one is forthcoming, it's usually pretty tiny. You're lucky if you get fed, although I've seen pictures of a lot of eating going on amongst Ukrainian fighters, so you might be in luck there.

But Ukrainian chicks are hot, so there is that to consider. They're hot until the day the turn 35. On that day, they suddenly get all dumpy and wrinkly, and appear to be around 80.

Overnight.

They shipped all the women out already, so it's a sausage fest with no paycheck.

No thanks.
I do not dream that much but last night I had a dream that my father and I were flying a Mig 29 to someplace. We had to land for fuel and then the problems began. Airport security did not want me to take a screw driver back on board the air craft even though it was my aircraft and we were parked at the general aviation ramp.  The dream consisted of me getting the screw driver back on board the bird and unfortunately I woke up as I was starting the bird to leave.. It might have been fun to see what I would have done next.. ?? I like dreams a lot !

My wife wasn't onboard either when I asked if we could take in a Ukrainian woman refugee. She could do some cooking and house chores .

[Image: ukrainian.jpg]
The Truth is Out There, Somewhere
(03-04-2022, 10:26 AM)kdog Wrote:

My wife wasn't onboard either when I asked if we could take in a Ukrainian woman refugee. She could do some cooking and house chores .

[Image: ukrainian.jpg]

Right? Where is the sense of human decency?
Back in the 90s, Irish nannies were popular in U.S. military households in Europe.

Until the nannies got ambitious and decided to upgrade their status at the expense of the wives ...

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

Grace said we could assist this poor homeless orphaned barefooted waif, since she looked pretty stout and like she might be handy to have around on a farm, but that the house was too small, there's no room for her, and she'll have to stay out in a shed like @"BIAD" does...

[Image: attachment.php?aid=10783]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’