Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Queen......
As the news has reported, Queen Elizabeth has contracted Covid. Let us hope/pray for Her return to health and that she and those around Her all recover and return to wellness.
I do hope all goes well with her. If you just have to have royalty, she seems a decent sort to have.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(02-21-2022, 08:12 PM)Ninurta Wrote: I do hope all goes well with her. If you just have to have royalty, she seems a decent sort to have.

We have nothing else to wave a flag at.
tinylaughing
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
I like the Queen. She seems like a really good sort. I hope she gets better soon. 

She does have a crazy family though. Why is she so solid and amazing, but the rest?
(02-22-2022, 03:13 AM)ABNARTY Wrote: I like the Queen. She seems like a really good sort. I hope she gets better soon. 

She does have a crazy family though. Why is she so solid and amazing, but the rest?

Dunno, she was a bit of a sort.  Would have dun her back in the sixties and seventies.  Rest of them turned out fugly in several ways.  

Bazza McKenzie summed it up in a cartoon.

[Image: Queen.jpg]

Bit hard to decipher but I recko he got his end in.  Wear glasses.

Kind regards,

Bally