Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Just possibly, maybe.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(02-18-2022, 06:11 AM)guohua Wrote:

It's so strange that I was shown mermaid stuff by google while looking for other things. I found a chart of their anatomy, and a chart with all the different kinds and that their tears could be what we know as aquamarine. 

I've seen what I believe to be Bigfoot, anything is possible.
(02-19-2022, 05:09 AM)Bloodstained Wrote:
(02-18-2022, 06:11 AM)guohua Wrote:

It's so strange that I was shown mermaid stuff by google while looking for other things. I found a chart of their anatomy, and a chart with all the different kinds and that their tears could be what we know as aquamarine. 

I've seen what I believe to be Bigfoot, anything is possible.

Yes anything is possible and Bigfoot is real. JMHO
I dunno. I think mermaids are unlikely, but that does not mean I think they are an impossibility.

I have seen things that I have no real explanation for, other than what other folks explain it as.

All of the mermaids I have seen were fake, but it does not follow that all of them reported are also fake. Just because I've never seen a real one does not mean they cannot exist. I've never seen an atom, either, but feel fairly confident that they are real. I have never seen the planet circling Proxima Centauri, but the does not mean it is not there. I have never seen Mount Everest, but I think it might exist, because people who DO have experience of it say it does.

I have never been to Kazhakstan, but I have to trust the people who have been there and who say it really exists.

I am not a man of the sea, so who am I to second guess the likes of Columbus and John Smith - who ARE men of the sea - and who claim they HAVE seen mermaids in their usual haunts, where they are familiar?

I know what I know, and have knowledge of things I have experienced, so why would I say those fellas don't know what they DO know, what they DO have experience in?

So, yeah, I think it is unlikely, but I also think it is possible.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

The mermaids depicted in vids or drone cameras wearing bras or tops are surely fake.

Wonder where they went shopping to buy the perfect top.

Just an old boomer.  Sorry.

Bally :)
(02-19-2022, 11:00 AM)Bally002 Wrote: The mermaids depicted in vids or drone cameras wearing bras or tops are surely fake.

I've heard there are larger clam-shell brassieres for the more rounded Arctic types of mermaids who frequent YouTube.
Now with online shopping being more common, Mer-folk don't need to slither down the high-street and wait in a queue
and tolerate strange looks from landlubbers.

Fish-Folk Matter.
tinyhuh
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
(02-19-2022, 11:00 AM)Bally002 Wrote: The mermaids depicted in vids or drone cameras wearing bras or tops are surely fake.

Yes I agree.
The one they found dead on the beach may be real and the creature in the fishing net looked real. JMHO
This is the pic I saved a lil while back.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Even in Gordi's chilly region, these strange creatures can be found.
tinywondering

Quote:11 March 2021
The Hebrides' wild swimming 'real-life' mermaid

'A wild swimmer has been exploring the Western Isles' coast in a custom-made mermaid tail.
Kate MacLeod, from Uig, Lewis, started her interest in wild swimming when she was a girl and
for the last 10 years has taken to the waters of the sea and lochs in both summer and winter.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=10733]
Kate MacLeod.

She said: "Living on an island you are bound to be drawn to the sea. It is in my blood."
The 24-year-old has made a four-part documentary - Mermaid Tales - for BBC Alba. The first
episode will be shown on 16 March...'
BBC:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
(02-19-2022, 03:29 PM)Bloodstained Wrote: This is the pic I saved a lil while back.

That is a good picture.  minusculethumbsup2
IF mermaids exist, I highly doubt they would have the looks of what most expect -- gorgeous human female features

I know all the folklore about them but still, one would think they would look more "fishy" than human  tinywondering

Hollywood does have a large part in how mermaids have been portrayed over the decades, which are beautiful sirens luring the unsuspecting, lusting men

But still ...... if they do exist and do not have a human face/beautiful hair, etc etc , they would go unnoticed IMHO
Just saying  minusculerolleyes

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

Horny sailors hearing sirens.

Quote:Calm down, you idiot!  It is just a manatee.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]