Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
human settlements
Ran across a weird (or dumb) bit on Wikipedia today.

Check out en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lydd and scroll to the bottom of the article.

A 'related article', Greatstone-on-Sea, is summarized as a,

Human settlement in England

tinysurprised

Now, what other kinds of settlements do we expect to have on our planet?  Elven?  Would a tribe of chimps in the Congo constitute a Simian settlement in Africa ?

This descriptor is used for English towns as well in the 'related article' summaries.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

(01-31-2022, 07:05 AM)F2d5thCav Wrote: Ran across a weird (or dumb) bit on Wikipedia today.

tinysurprised

Now, what other kinds of settlements do we expect to have on our planet?  Elven?  Would a tribe of chimps in the Congo constitute a Simian settlement in Africa ?

This descriptor is used for English towns as well in the 'related article' summaries.

Cheers

I suppose elven or pixie settlements are a possibility....

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

I've heard that term a lot over the years, but never actually thought about it that way 5th! Good Spot.

I suspect that what they mean is that there is evidence of ACTUAL settlement rather than just a transitory presence.
Structures, buildings, trash-middens or fire-pits that were used many many times over many years... that sort of thing, but it is odd that they would feel the need to refer to them as "human" settlements.... hmmm

tinysurprised
[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]
Yep odd wiki

The definition of " human " is going to be defined maybe soon ? The current covid vaccines seems to create chimeras....something that has new DNA ,which is not anymore as same like in old human DNA . Childs born now with both parents vaccinaned are "different" some say ..

I will watch my 6 once those kids grow up, if they survive ......
Maybe to differentiate between humans and possible settlements of other species? 
Perhaps we are getting close to disclosure and maybe the early tidbits could be admission of discovery of ancient extraterrestrial settlements.

One can hope anyway.
"As an American it's your responsibility to have your own strategic duck stockpile. You can't expect the government to do it for you." - the dork I call one of my mom's other kids
[Image: Tiny-Ducks.jpg]
(01-31-2022, 07:05 AM)F2d5thCav Wrote: Ran across a weird (or dumb) bit on Wikipedia today.

tinysurprised

Cheers

Good read.  Dunno why it would be classified as a human settlement.  I liked these names - "There are several sewers in the area, including Dengemarsh Sewer, Jury's Gut Sewer, and Scotney Petty Sewer."

"Jury's gut Sewer"  would be the name and setting for a good horror movie or book.  Perhaps it would be where the interned bodies of those 3 dutchmen that were hung as spies in WWII are located.  

Your post inspired me to look at my village on Wiki.  Nothing that remarkable about 'Nymboida' other that it was named by Gregory Blaxland Jnr. Son of George Blaxland from the fame of the explorers "Blaxland, Wentworth and Lawson" who were the first to cross the Great Dividing Range.  Blaxland Jnr was killed by aboriginals at Gin Gin.

Kind regards,

Bally:)
Tongue 
(01-31-2022, 07:18 AM)Ninurta Wrote:

tinysurprised

Cheers

Maybe it differentiates from Neanderthal settlements?   tinydrroling minusculebeercheers

In jest,

Sure. Elven or Orc. Either way. 

It does seem to be redundant.
(02-01-2022, 12:47 AM)Bally002 Wrote:

tinysurprised

Cheers

Maybe it differentiates from Neanderthal settlements?   tinydrroling minusculebeercheers

In jest,

Came across this video.  Controversial?  Describes non-humans.  If posted before please disregard or delete mods. 

16-39 Now playing Watch later Watch later Add to queue Add to queue

If they (if actually proved non-human) created settlements.  I guess such would be non-human?  Some good evidence to suggest, inclusive of DNA, that these were not of this earth. tinywondering

For your edification,

My kind regards,

(02-02-2022, 10:09 PM)Bally002 Wrote:
(02-01-2022, 12:47 AM)Bally002 Wrote:

tinysurprised

Cheers

In jest,

Came across this video.  Controversial?  Describes non-humans.  If posted before please disregard or delete mods. 

16-39 Now playing Watch later Watch later Add to queue Add to queue

If they (if actually proved non-human) created settlements.  I guess such would be non-human?  Some good evidence to suggest, inclusive of DNA, that these were not of this earth. tinywondering

For your edification,

My kind regards,

Okay, I see that this link may direct you to another.  Just persevere and reload it.  Skip the ad which takes up a lot of the space.  Sorry.

Kind regrds,

Bally
(02-03-2022, 02:54 AM)Bally002 Wrote: Okay, I see that this link may direct you to another.  Just persevere and reload it.  Skip the ad which takes up a lot of the space.  Sorry.

Kind regrds,

Bally

I didn't have that problem, but here is the video directly embedded for anyone that does.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(02-03-2022, 06:24 AM)Ninurta Wrote:
(02-03-2022, 02:54 AM)Bally002 Wrote: Okay, I see that this link may direct you to another.  Just persevere and reload it.  Skip the ad which takes up a lot of the space.  Sorry.

Kind regards,

Bally

I didn't have that problem, but here is the video directly embedded for anyone that does.

Thanks old mate.  

Regards to you and yours,