Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Russian Checkmate fighter
If they can hold the price down to the advertised 25 million versus the 100+ million F-35 then IMO they will have a winner.
I'm waiting for someone to produce an unmanned fighter that can flat outmaneuver anything carrying a human.

Some of the Soviet aviation was very good and surprised our people when they got to test fly the aircraft in Nevada.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

I am a Sukhoi geek. All the models look really cool to me. 

No clue on the performance or cost. I just want one  tinybiggrin
Sukhoi appear to have come a long way since the Frogfoot.

Russians are masters at generating weapons on a relatively low budget. That's how they got over 50 million AK's distributed around the world. I can recall a time when you could buy AK's all day long at 250 bucks a copy directly from Izhevsk, compared to getting US M4's at 1500 dollars a copy. I don't think they'll have a lot of trouble at staying on budget for this platform.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’