Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My Own Personal Experience of Turmeric and Golden Milk
from webmd:
Quote:Turmeric is the root stalk of a tropical plant that's part of the ginger family. One of the main components of the spice is a substance called curcumin which has potentially healing properties.

You can buy fresh turmeric in Chinese and Indian supermarkets. It's widely available in a dried powder form in supermarkets. The spice is used in lots of Asian dishes, mustards and pickles.

LINK to webmd article

I have had problems with my knees (mostly my left one) for some time now.
They become hot, swollen and sore if I try to walk any further than about a mile or so.
My knees first became swollen and sore the day after playing a kick-around game of football (soccer) with my boys, about two years ago.
But the damage was probably done long before then. (As a boy, I used to play football for hours and hours almost every night.
And, I've always been keen on the outdoors, hillwalking etc too.)

My doctor explained that my knees were simply "worn out" and referred me for physiotherapy to strengthen the muscles around the knees.
I've done the exercises (on and off) for nearly two years with only minimal success. I can walk short distances without pain, but not any longer distances or hills.

Recently, I started making my own "Golden Milk" using a recipe from the Net. (Turmeric & Black Pepper made into a paste with a little water, heated with coconut oil then coconut (or almond) milk, and finally - adding Honey to taste.)
It tastes quite nice, like a light, mild, sweet and creamy indian curry sauce, and it is rumoured to have many different health benefits/properties.
(Including anti-cancer, anti-inflammatory, lowering blood pressure, resisting diabetes, liver damage, alzheimers and a whole host of other conditions too)
I have been taking Golden Milk for about 3 weeks now, 3 or 4 times a week before bed.

It's difficult to accurately quantify what effect it's had, other than to say that my "mood" seems to have lightened during this time. I'm not so "down" on myself and I've felt "sharper" and more energetic as well.

I went on a short-break holiday over the Easter weekend with my family, and we tried walking through some forest trails on the Friday afternoon.
In total we walked about 4 miles and I would normally have been in considerable pain (I had planned on doing "short stints" with seated breaks in between, but felt quite good on the day, so pressed on with just one short break for water/snacks). I did not get any pain or inflammation at all in my knees!
We were on our feet most of Saturday with no ill-effects either, and on Sunday I climbed a 493Metre/1600foot hill, again with no ill-effects!
There is absolutely No Way that I could have done this even a few short weeks ago.

The only thing that I've changed in my diet/routine over the last few weeks has been the introduction of the Golden Milk.

I am amazed at how well I coped with the walking/climbing and I think that it may have been the anti-inflammatory properties of the Turmeric-infused Golden milk that has made the difference.

I haven't noticed any side-effects at all, but it should be noted that it may not be suitable for everyone (especially those with low blood pressure)

In my own experience, for my knees and general well-being, I can heartily recommend giving it a try.

There are various recipies available freely on the net - just search for "Turmeric Golden Milk Recipies"
I have read about turmeric before, but was hesitant as to the 'taste' plus how hard to it would be to find....worried the kind you find in supermarket would not be as "pure"

One site I go to a lot for natural remedies is Earth Clinic

That is where I found out about healthy benefits of ACV (apple cider vinegar) & coconut oil (both cooking & personal use)

I like to mix about 2 Tbsp ACV with about 2 Tbsp honey, cinnamon and about 1 tsp black strap molasses 
Tastes almost like old time apple cider drink
Warm water works best for the honey to melt/mix, but not too hot

Will look more into turmeric tho
No bad knees, but would like to see how it make me feel on my other aches/pains....LOL

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

Just thought I'd share this product with you all who are looking for a good Turmeric product.  I'm going to be ordering a bottle. I know turmeric has helped my joints in the past and this product has a lot more added too.

https://www.biotrust.com/pages/ageless-b..._offer=105

[Image: hero-ageless-body-dr-immune-2.jpg]
I can relate to having bad knees. After years in the Navy over exercising and lots of running to stay in shape, both knees are pretty much shot, and I have considerable arthritis in both of them, as well as my ankles and my spine. I’ve been taking krill oil for several years as I do not like to take any kind of pain pills. That did help a little, but I was still having days, particularly in the winter, when the pain got so bad I did give in and take something for it. 

A couple of years ago, I heard about turmeric. There was an article by a doctor that said she started recommending it for her patients that could tolerate it for pain. People were saying it was wonderful how it helped with their arthritis pain. So I did quite a bit more online research and bought some turmeric. You have to make sure you take the type that is absorb able. Within a few weeks, I found that I hardly ever had any arthritis pain. I have been able to walk 3-4 miles a day being on this. I couldn’t do that before, even with taking krill oil.

So like Gordi says, it does seem to help with inflammation. I also like to eat things that have turmeric in them. I love chicken tikka masala, and chickpeas and rice with a light curry sauce. I am trying more Indian cuisine, as many of the dishes have good healthy things and taste wonderful. A Western diet is terrible for those who have arthritis.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8180]
Thanks @"ChiefD",

Unbelievably (to me!)The OP was written 4 years ago!

I actually stopped using the Turmeric Golden Milk some time ago because I couldn't find a decent supply of pure coconut milk.
Every can I could find for sale here in UK had a multitude of "stabilisers" and "emulsifiers" added to it.

I did try using other "milks". there was an Oat based one which worked and tasted quite good but it was expensive to buy regularly.

In the end, I found a much more convenient way (for me) to take my turmeric in the form of capsules with added black pepper and ginger. I've been using them for a couple of years now and they definitely work, although I do get complacent and often forget to take it when my pain is very low-level!

On a side-note... about a year ago, a friend of mine that I meet up with at summer music festivals was limping about quite badly.
She has very bad arthritis on her hip(s) and was camping in a tent that weekend.
I gave her some turmeric capsules to try and help, and in the morning she literally came DANCING over to our camper vans with a HUGE grin on her face!
She was TOTALLY pain-free for the first time in months!!! and had taken NOTHING but the turmeric capsules that I gave her.

Incredible how it works for some folks.

I find that the effect lessens if I take it too often. It seems to work best (for me) if I regulate it to when I really need it, but I've heard that everyone reacts differently to it.

Anyway,
Cheers!

minusculebeercheers
G
[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]