Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I have done the unthinkable...
I have always been one of those people who bitch and moan about all of the Christmas stuff hitting the stores before Halloween has even passed and people who put up their Christmas trees before Thanksgiving. It has always annoyed me beyond belief. But today something came over me and I just couldn't control myself....

Not only did I put up and decorate our little Christmas tree but I decorated my Ficus tree with lights and Christmas decorations as well.

I don't know what happened. I can't even begin to explain it. I couldn't stop myself. I'm not even one of those "Christmas people". I don't like Christmas music or Christmas movies and I usually put up the tree the weekend before Christmas and take it down the day after. Last year since we went to spend Christmas with family I didn't even put one up at all.

Please pray for me.
I think I'm losing it.
The plandemic has finally taken my sanity.
"As an American it's your responsibility to have your own strategic duck stockpile. You can't expect the government to do it for you." - the dork I call one of my mom's other kids
[Image: Tiny-Ducks.jpg]
(11-14-2021, 04:50 AM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote: I have always been one of those people who bitch and moan about all of the Christmas stuff hitting the stores before Halloween has even passed and people who put up their Christmas trees before Thanksgiving. It has always annoyed me beyond belief. But today something came over me and I just couldn't control myself....

Not only did I put up and decorate our little Christmas tree but I decorated my Ficus tree with lights and Christmas decorations as well.

I don't know what happened. I can't even begin to explain it. I couldn't stop myself. I'm not even one of those "Christmas people". I don't like Christmas music or Christmas movies and I usually put up the tree the weekend before Christmas and take it down the day after. Last year since we went to spend Christmas with family I didn't even put one up at all.

Please pray for me.
I think I'm losing it.
The plandemic has finally taken my sanity.

I'll do my best to meditate for you tonight, we don't do Christmas and my husband Hates Turkey, but our friend (Tom) well cook a turkey in his Dutch Oven in the sand at the lake and I get some Turkey.
Christmas is just to Damn Expensive!
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(11-14-2021, 05:27 AM)guohua Wrote: I'll do my best to meditate for you tonight, we don't do Christmas and my husband Hates Turkey, but our friend (Tom) well cook a turkey in his Dutch Oven in the sand at the lake and I get some Turkey.

Kev doesn't eat turkey either. We had planned on going to spend Christmas with his family and changed our minds. Last year we drove over 3200 miles to spend time with all of our parents, 3 out of 4 of the kids and both grandkids so if any of them want to spend the holidays with us they're going to have to come here... and they wont do that. The road goes in both directions and we're sick and tired of being the only ones driving it!
"As an American it's your responsibility to have your own strategic duck stockpile. You can't expect the government to do it for you." - the dork I call one of my mom's other kids
(11-14-2021, 05:52 AM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote:
(11-14-2021, 05:27 AM)guohua Wrote: I'll do my best to meditate for you tonight, we don't do Christmas and my husband Hates Turkey, but our friend (Tom) well cook a turkey in his Dutch Oven in the sand at the lake and I get some Turkey.

Kev doesn't eat turkey either. We had planned on going to spend Christmas with his family and changed our minds. Last year we drove over 3200 miles to spend time with all of our parents, 3 out of 4 of the kids and both grandkids so if any of them want to spend the holidays with us they're going to have to come here... and they wont do that. The road goes in both directions and we're sick and tired of being the only ones driving it!

That I completely understand, we don't visit any of my husbands relatives. All of my family lives in China, we aren't going there, plus they don't celebrate Christmas never have.
Christmas is to commercial, they put the parents in debt for their kids for years buying toys.

You guys can stay home, iut is safer than traveling with the idiots driving today.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
@"GeauxHomeLittleD" 

IIRC, the decorating of trees goes back to Pagan rituals.

If it made you feel good ... that's great.

I tired a while back of the push to purchase gifts etc.  But the true spirit of the holiday is one which requires no gift giving.

I've never been one to participate in holiday group activity.  But one year at college, a bunch of us decided to go around the town singing carols in front of houses.  It was really magical.  We didn't expect much to happen, but people (strangers) opened their doors and were charmed.  We were invited into several houses and plied with sweets and shots of alcohol!  It was a great lesson in fellowship and the true spirit of giving.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

That's it !

No more horror movies, I'm making you watch Christmas movies from now on , on the hallmark channel. Going to program our spy device, the Alexa to only play Christmas music. 

I will purge this Christmas spirit right out of you !

Just messing with you, I still love you.
The Truth is Out There, Somewhere
Nothing wrong with some positivity and decoration. It's been a rough almost two years. 

Think of it as an anti-covid BS protest.
Just to be clear- I had horror movies going on the television the whole time I was decorating and after.

Years ago we stopped doing the commercial Christmas.

I raised my children with the tradition that Christmas was a time of giving, not receiving. When they were about 13 years old, I overheard one of their friends ask them what they were getting for Christmas. They looked at each other puzzled. The youngest said, "You don't get anything for Christmas, you give things for Christmas".

My children were given coupons for Christmas that they could use throughout the year, for they things that they liked. Things like a spa day.

Spa day is where I would treat them to luxurious bubble baths with candle lights, Yanni, and being fed in the tub with chocolate covered strawberries, other assorted fruits, an alcohol free Mimosas. Followed by a massage. They loved spa day.

There were other activities like Family Bowling night. Blockbuster Night. Mystery Drive Night. They each got five or six hand made coupons that they could cash in when they wanted.

They had to make coupons to give to friends and families as gifts. Their gifts had to be something they had to be personally involved in doing. They are grown now. Neither has children of their own yet, but they claim they are going to raise their children with the same spirit of their childhood Christmases. They still don't do the commercial Christmas of today.

I live in the woods, I have been out here for over twenty years. I always put up a Christmas tree on the front porch every year. Though very few people can see it, but me.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

(11-15-2021, 05:14 AM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote: Just to be clear- I had horror movies going on the television the whole time I was decorating and after.

Maybe the Christmas spirit rose out of you to combat the negative vibes from the movies. tinyhuh 

I too love horror movies.

I am not too keen on Christmas movies. I hate romantic movies, and I am highly selective about comedy movies.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

Oh horrors, are you running a fever?
Got any sniffles or coughing?? 

Sounds like you may have the Xmas virus, best thing is to let it run it's course.  
Wearing a mask may help to keep spreading it, but not sure about that.
Too much misinformation out there to confirm or deny.

Worst case scenario, Kdog will be ready for News Years by the middle of December  

But all should be okay.............................................................should be  tinywondering

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

Growing up, yeah my Mom was really into Xmas -- 2 different Christmas trees, the family tree then she had a white tree with nothing but red lights & ornaments. 
Plus she loved to cook -- tons of food for weeks  (We had both turkey and ham)

Of course, the main reason for so much food, my parents always had a big Christmas party on the Dec. 23rd

Now Jim's mom, was totally different at Xmas time --- sure she had a small tree, but the main dinner wasn't turkey but rather enchiladas/pinto beans/nachos/salad......mmmmmm, so delicious it was!!

These days, I just eat whatever I have at home, since I'm by myself now.  LOL

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

Marks myself as free from the Christmas bug.

minusculebeercheers
The Truth is Out There, Somewhere