Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Furniture?
Since we no longer had a dog tearing up the cushions we decided it was time to go shopping for a new sofa and loveseat. Everywhere we went we found beautiful furniture on display, but to buy? A 4 to 6 month wait on anything we even considered!

Now we are definitely patient people, but when we hand out a goodly chunk of change we want something in our hands to show for it within a reasonable amount of time and possibly 6 months (or maybe even longer some supposed) is not reasonable- so we decided to wait on buying new furniture.

Having already completed a thorough Spring cleaning we decided to find some slip covers for our existing sofa and loveseat. The slip covers led to new pillows, new throws, curtains, blinds, area rugs, lamp, book shelve, a steampunk-ish globe ... and a metal folding screen from a flea market that I ended up covering the backside of with some beautiful fabric that now hides Kdog's tool boxes but also the leftover fabric led to making a rag wreath and for some reason I'm feeling the urge to do some macrame and make a leaded stained glass pendant lamp? 

So now Kdog is trapped in my Bohemian/flea market/craft/jungle. I think as long as I feed him and keep passing him the bowl he will be okay. Y'all might want to check on him though.

I am blaming it all on Rona! 
"As an American it's your responsibility to have your own strategic duck stockpile. You can't expect the government to do it for you." - the dork I call one of my mom's other kids
[Image: Tiny-Ducks.jpg]
(05-17-2021, 05:02 PM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote: ...So now Kdog is trapped in my Bohemian/flea market/craft/jungle. I think as long as I feed him and
keep passing him the bowl he will be okay. Y'all might want to check on him though...

A chew-bone won't do him any harm either!
tinybiggrin
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
Up until I got the furniture I have now I didn’t have to wait for it to be ordered. 

It was going to take longer to get my chair than my sofa, I hate waiting so I went with a non matching set all because my husband wanted an oversized chair that was going to have to be special ordered because they didn’t have the color to match the sofa.

Sounds like you found a lot of fun items to redecorate with. I’ve been thinking about redecorating too but I have had all western/rustic for so long I’m not sure I could figure out how to put a different look together.

Happy crafting and good luck to @"kdog"!  tinylaughing
Sounds like you've got it covered (no pun intended).  
From your description, it sounds really nice. Maybe just leave it that way. 

Sorry K-dog.   tinylaughing
that's exactly what the cause is. from raw materials, to containers to ship the materials in, and transport the finished products.  

production is down all over the world.
[Image: TWBB.png]

(05-18-2021, 02:54 AM)hounddoghowlie Wrote: that's exactly what the cause is. from raw materials, to containers to ship the materials in, and transport the finished products.  

production is down all over the world.

My parent's just redid their living room addition. New carpet and new furniture. The carpet took a month to get, it was just basic stuff(type/color) and they are still waiting on furniture. Supposed to come this week, that only took about 8 weeks from order. So not bad all things considered, still way worse than normal.
(05-17-2021, 05:02 PM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote: Since we no longer had a dog tearing up the cushions we decided it was time to go shopping for a new sofa and loveseat. Everywhere we went we found beautiful furniture on display, but to buy? A 4 to 6 month wait on anything we even considered!

Now we are definitely patient people, but when we hand out a goodly chunk of change we want something in our hands to show for it within a reasonable amount of time and possibly 6 months (or maybe even longer some supposed) is not reasonable- so we decided to wait on buying new furniture.

Having already completed a thorough Spring cleaning we decided to find some slip covers for our existing sofa and loveseat. The slip covers led to new pillows, new throws, curtains, blinds, area rugs, lamp, book shelve, a steampunk-ish globe ... and a metal folding screen from a flea market that I ended up covering the backside of with some beautiful fabric that now hides Kdog's tool boxes but also the leftover fabric led to making a rag wreath and for some reason I'm feeling the urge to do some macrame and make a leaded stained glass pendant lamp? 

So now Kdog is trapped in my Bohemian/flea market/craft/jungle. I think as long as I feed him and keep passing him the bowl he will be okay. Y'all might want to check on him though.

I am blaming it all on Rona! 

And all I wanted was a dual wheeled wheelbarrow. Lowes lied to me almost daily for two whole weeks, and changed my delivery date four times, before they finally admitted that they did not have it in stock, and that it was on back order.

It seems like back order is the new normal.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

(05-17-2021, 05:36 PM)VioletDove Wrote: Up until I got the furniture I have now I didn’t have to wait for it to be ordered. 

It was going to take longer to get my chair than my sofa, I hate waiting so I went with a non matching set all because my husband wanted an oversized chair that was going to have to be special ordered because they didn’t have the color to match the sofa.

Sounds like you found a lot of fun items to redecorate with. I’ve been thinking about redecorating too but I have had all western/rustic for so long I’m not sure I could figure out how to put a different look together.

I'm good. I "had" to buy new battery operated power tools to help with the crafting.  tinyinbiglove
The Truth is Out There, Somewhere
(05-19-2021, 09:51 PM)kdog Wrote:
(05-17-2021, 05:36 PM)VioletDove Wrote: Up until I got the furniture I have now I didn’t have to wait for it to be ordered. 

I'm good. I "had" to buy new battery operated power tools to help with the crafting.  tinyinbiglove

Yesss!!!! New power tools!!! That should keep you content tinybiggrin
(05-19-2021, 10:55 PM)VioletDove Wrote:

It's awesome ! I run around naked all day revving up the drills !
(05-20-2021, 12:10 AM)kdog Wrote:
(05-19-2021, 10:55 PM)VioletDove Wrote:

It's awesome ! I run around naked all day revving up the drills !
Maybe now I should say good luck to @"GeauxHomeLittleD"  minusculethinking smallrofl
@"VioletDove" 

Don't worry, I run faster than he does! 
YO
"As an American it's your responsibility to have your own strategic duck stockpile. You can't expect the government to do it for you." - the dork I call one of my mom's other kids
[Image: Tiny-Ducks.jpg]
I am not too interested in furniture. The usual story, single dude on his own and so on... Furniture just has to work, do it's purpose and look "calm" by which i mean no colors like green, red, yellow... This table where my keyboard is, is red, and that bothers me but not much at all. I have a little bit of decorative items, some photographs, some drawings made by kids  and some teddy bears.

What i need here, is plants. Some big ones would fit here also. They would bring life here, literally.
"Man is fully responsible for his nature and his choices."

-Jean-Paul Sartre
(05-20-2021, 01:20 AM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote: @"VioletDove" 

Don't worry, I run faster than he does! 
YO 

Hahaha!!!
(05-20-2021, 01:36 AM)Finspiracy Wrote: I am not too interested in furniture. The usual story, single dude on his own and so on... Furniture just has to work, do it's purpose and look "calm" by which i mean no colors like green, red, yellow... This table where my keyboard is, is red, and that bothers me but not much at all. I have a little bit of decorative items, some photographs, some drawings made by kids  and some teddy bears.

What i need here, is plants. Some big ones would fit here also. They would bring life here, literally.

Yes, plants are always good. I am with you on the furniture, it just needs to be functional and comfortable. I do have a few paintings from my daughter. 

What kind of house plants are local to you?