Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Here’s What Really Happened to N772UA
OMG @"727Sky" !!!

I about had a heart attack watching that. Being on a plane that's about to crash is my worst nightmare. That's exactly why I don't fly, and after watching this, why I never will.   

mediumnotlooking
Imagine those folks whose house the cowling parts fell in? 

Walk out the front door and BAM!

Honey!? Did you order something large from Amazon?
(04-17-2021, 01:28 AM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote:
OMG @"727Sky" !!!

I about had a heart attack watching that. Being on a plane that's about to crash is my worst nightmare. That's exactly why I don't fly, and after watching this, why I never will.   

mediumnotlooking

All I can say is I have flown all my life (age 5 was the first time at the controls) and I am still here. If the pilot makes it 99% of the time the passengers make it to.
I never had to fly an Airbus and would have not been happy if I had been made to... Many stories about the Airbus computers when it was first introduced into service.

I always heard the Captain had the longest toes in the industry after this event.
Flying terrifies me! I still have flown, but that gut flop on take off mediumsick hate it!
I was born with a Thorn in my Soul, sometimes it hurts.

Nature gave us one tongue and two ears so we could hear twice as much as we speak.

- Epictetus

There is an old saying which I picked up during my youth that goes something like, " Someone afraid dies a thousand deaths but a brave man dies only once"... Auhhhh this is it, "A coward dies a thousand deaths a brave man but once".... I told that to my American wife once and she said she wanted to be a coward with a thousand lives ??????? WOMEN !!! She died of breast cancer at the age of 41.... I taught her how to fly and she was a good stick and rudder girl.. She was always afraid of landing and taking off the Super Swift (tail dragger big powerful engine and my baby) but once airborne she could do acrobatics with me and would say, "lets do it again" !!

This bird Looks allot like mine did.

Oh, I've slipped the surly bonds of earth
And hovered out of ground effect on semi-rigid blades;
Earthward I've auto'ed and met the rising brush of
Non-paved terrain;
And done a thousand things you would never care to
Skidded and dropped and flared
Low in the heat-soaked roar.
Confined there, I've chased the earthbound traffic
And lost the race to insignificant headwinds;
Forward and up a little in ground effect
I've topped the General's hedge with drooping turns
Where never Skyhawk or even Phantom flew.
Shaking and pulling collective, I've lumbered
The low untrespassed halls of victor airways,
Put out my hand and touched a tree.

The version I heard said, "I put my hand out and got zapped by static electricity" along with a few other changes.. I can not find the more crude version ??? Darn it !