Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
One Two Punch on US Gun Rights!
I presented this as two threads elsewhere, but picked up on this on Gab and Parler.

Quote:BREAKING: 9th Circuit Court Of Appeals Rules THERE IS NO RIGHT TO CARRY – either openly or concealed in public
The National Rifle Association just issued a tweet claiming that the notoriously liberal 9th Circuit Court of Appeals has declared in a case that there is no inherent right to carry a concealed weapon listed in the Constitution.

“The US Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit just ruled that THERE IS NO RIGHT TO CARRY – either openly or concealed in public. This ruling impacts RTC laws in AK, HI, CA, AZ, OR, WA, & MT. This was not an NRA case but we are exploring all options to rectify this,” the tweet noted.

Details are scarce at this time, but the ruling comes as Democrats use their thin majorities in the House and Senate to push new gun control legislation and the Biden regime is reportedly considering executive actions on guns in the wake of two recent mass shootings.

“We are considering a range of levers, including working through legislation, including executive action,” White House press secretary Jen Psaki told reporters on Tuesday. “That has been under discussion and will continue to be under discussion.”

thehill.com

Quote:Mar 23, 2021,12:40pm EST| Biden Administration Urges Supreme Court To Let Cops Enter Homes And Seize Guns Without A Warrant Nick Sibilla.

The U.S. Supreme Court on Wednesday will hear oral argument in Caniglia v. Strom, a case that could have sweeping consequences for policing, due process, and mental health, with the Biden Administration and attorneys general from nine states urging the High Court to uphold warrantless gun confiscation.

www.forbes.com

I'm almost speechless, this is it, the Fascist States of America. State Nullification and gun rights 2nd amendment sanctuary states and counties, that has to be the resistance action.
President Trump warned us they would come for our guns, but most everyone "awake" already knew this. 

Looks like it's almost that time: Time for the new revolution!  

Y'all ready?  minusculeuzi
(03-24-2021, 10:28 PM)Michigan Swamp Buck Wrote: thehill.com

www.forbes.com

I'm almost speechless, this is it, the Fascist States of America. State Nullification and gun rights 2nd amendment sanctuary states and counties, that has to be the resistance action.

It's unfortunate for the Ninth Circuit that they do not have the right to determine that right. As a government entity, the Second Amendment, and the US Constitution in general, specifically prohibits them from abrogating that right. Maybe this is where we find out whether the SCOTUS is even partially on the side of the Constitution, or if they have gone over entirely to the Dark Side. I have to wonder if there is any peaceful mechanism in place to replace an entire court if and when they blatantly rule the Constitution to be unconstitutional, as the Ninth Circuit appears to have done, or if it will have to be a more rowdy solution.

Regarding warrantless searches and seizures, ANY ONE coming into my home without a warrant to take my shit will be treated as the burglars they are, and will leave feet-first sporting a toe tag. No exceptions, I don't give a crap who they are. If they're dumb enough to burgle me, they're big enough to take the consequences of that illegal action. There IS a 4th Amendment  in place specifically to keep the government from acting as common home invasion burglars, you know. If they want to ignore that, and act as common criminals anyhow, then they get what they get. 

This action, taken together with the "Progressive" thrust to defund police, and their support for Antifa thugs, who regularly take shit that ain't theirs to take, tells me all I need to know about who BidenHarris intends to "empower" to act as enforcers. Hint: the "police" won't be the same Officer Friendly that they have been in the past. matter of fact, I believe they will soon all be dressed in black hoodies and sweat pants with full face masks as uniforms, wielding bicycle chains and bear spray. Come get some, boys. I got sumpin' for ya.

Here is the long and the short of it. Rights are something government is not empowered to take away. The Constitution acknowledges that fact. The thing is, rights are only good for as long and as far as individuals are willing to exercise and defend theirs. We used to have a government and a SCOTUS whose sole function was to guard, preserve, and protect them, but I have no faith, or very little, in the ability or will of those institutions to do so any more. That being the case, it falls to the People themselves to enforce their rights, against all comers. if the government is one of those coming after your rights, then let the chips fall where they may. They might kill you, but who wants to live forever in slavery anyhow? Just take as many as you can with you. When the numbers are thinner, it may be easier for your kids or grandkids to finally overcome them.

To law Enforcement: I know that some of you will go along with this program, and against the law. I know that. I know YOU. I also know that not all of you will obey illegal orders. I salute those of you who are good cops, and who will refuse illegal orders. I know you are out there, and probably in the majority. I've been in your shoes, and I know what I would do if those orders came, because I did it, several years ago. That's why I am no longer in your shoes. I will not fight nor enforce for tyrants. I have but one life to give, and I'm not going to chance it for dictators. I am not mere cannon fodder for would-be Overlords who would throw me under the bus at the drop of a hat.

Let your conscience be your guide whether to be an Enemy of the People, or whether to uphold the Constitution you swore an oath to. I know my conscience will be my guide, and may God help us if we meet under circumstances you are on the wrong side of. You will likely kill me with overwhelming numbers, but I promise to leave some permanent marks on my way out. Better for all concerned if we never meet if that is going to be the case. So for the good of all, stay home, have a beer, and don't come after the People on the behalf of a corrupt government that will not support YOU. They are trying to "defund" and get rid of YOU, and trying to disarm US and make of us defenseless victims. I don't see any good outcome for either of us there, and certainly nothing worth dying for in support of their agenda.

Don't be a Slaver for Tyrannical Masters.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Apparently the law says that the states can determine carry laws (within the 9th jurisdiction of states I think). I'm not too certain, but it upends the right to carry interpretation of the constitution, as if "right to bear arms" doesn't mean the right to carry arms on your person.

Concerning the warrant-less in home gun seizures, here are some names to remember.

Quote:SEAN D.REYES Utah Attorney General
MELISSA HOLYOAK Utah Solicitor General
THOMAS B.BRUNKER Deputy Solicitor General, Criminal Appeals
JEFFREY S.GRAY Search & Seizure Section Director
DAVID SIMPSON Assistant Solicitor General
THOMAS J.MILLER Attorney General State of Iowa
JEFF LANDRY Attorney General State of Louisiana
AUSTIN KNUDSEN Attorney General State of Montana
KEITH ELLISON Attorney General State of Minnesota
MIKE HUNTER Attorney General State of Oklahoma
ALAN WILSON Attorney General State of South Carolina
JASONR.RAVNSBORG Attorney General State of South Dakota
KEN PAXTON Attorney General State of Texas

www.supremecourt.gov
(03-25-2021, 01:02 AM)Michigan Swamp Buck Wrote: Apparently the law says that the states can determine carry laws (within the 9th jurisdiction of states I think). I'm not too certain, but it upends the right to carry interpretation of the constitution, as if "right to bear arms" doesn't mean the right to carry arms on your person.

States can regulated concealed carry. primarily because concealing a gun is not generally speaking a military activity. Soldiers wear carry arms openly, and the purpose of the Second Amendment is to keep a militia reserve, ready for activation on short notice in an emergency, a military activity. that is not the limit of it, but it is the primary reason it was included in the Bill of Rights. So, while they can regulate concealed carry, they do not have the right to regulate open carry. Many of them already do, but that is because their citizens failed to enforce their rights, so their governments got away with it. Now the Ninth Circuit appears to be trying to take another bite in their drive to eat the Citizen's lunch for them.

That started way back when, when states started outlawing dirks and daggers because there were too many knife fights going on. Colonists banded together and shot the shit out of British troops who came to seize weapons on behalf of the Crown's "community caretaking exception" which it didn't have, either.

Quote:Concerning the warrant-less in home gun seizures, here are some names to remember.

Quote:SEAN D.REYES Utah Attorney General
MELISSA HOLYOAK Utah Solicitor General
THOMAS B.BRUNKER Deputy Solicitor General, Criminal Appeals
JEFFREY S.GRAY Search & Seizure Section Director
DAVID SIMPSON Assistant Solicitor General
THOMAS J.MILLER Attorney General State of Iowa
JEFF LANDRY Attorney General State of Louisiana
AUSTIN KNUDSEN Attorney General State of Montana
KEITH ELLISON Attorney General State of Minnesota
MIKE HUNTER Attorney General State of Oklahoma
ALAN WILSON Attorney General State of South Carolina
JASONR.RAVNSBORG Attorney General State of South Dakota
KEN PAXTON Attorney General State of Texas

www.supremecourt.gov

I read the Amicus Brief. 36 pages is a little long for something to be called a "brief", but I've seen longer ones). Thinking it possible that I may have missed something, I cleaned my glasses and re-read the Fourth Amendment. Still couldn't find it. So I cleaned my glasses again and rubbed my eyes for good measure, and read it again. I could still find no "community caretaking exception". It's just not there.

Text of the Fourth Amendment:

Quote:The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Does anyone else see an exception for "community caretaking" in there?

The respondents in the brief argue that is not the right exception anyhow. They argue that it is an "emergency aid exception" that should be applied instead. I would argue against that as well. There was no emergency. The individual was already on lockdown, and no longer had access to any weapons at all. There WAS no "emergency" to allow that to be applied. There was no imminent danger to anyone at all. He couldn't get out of the looney bin to harm anyone, weapons or no, and was miles away from the seized property. If they wanted to seize something, they had ample time to get a warrant for such search and seizure, as the individual was in no position to contest or hinder it in any way. There is no justification for a warrantless action.

Now, his wife is the one who had him carted away. She may have given consent for a search, but she could not have given consent for the seizure of any property that was not hers. The only way that could occur is if she gave consent for a search, and illegal property was discovered. If the guns were not illegal contraband, there is no legal precedent under which they could be seized that I am aware of, but all I know are the circumstances described in the brief. It does not mention that the guns were either illegal or contraband, only that the wife told the police that he still appeared "angry". If anger were proper grounds for incarceration or property seizure, none of us would own anything at all, as the State would have already seized everything under that pretext, and we would all be in jail anyhow.

If I were this gentleman, that wife would already be back in her parents' house. I would have kicked her to the curb and sent her back as unfinished, and unfit for duty as a wife. 

I may have also demanded a refund from them for palming off shoddy goods on me.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

They are wasting no time on this. No Sir. Not that we expected them to. 

Just another cut of a thousand, painting the 2A into a corner. 

The only good news is most Americans, I hope, don't really give a dang about what the court says. Gun owners need to play the long game here. None of this marching around in front of the capital open carry. That solves nothing and makes it too easy. 

Like I said in another post, I am just wondering what the smear campaign is going to sound like. You know it's coming. Gun owners are Hitler. Save the children and report them.
(03-25-2021, 02:44 AM)ABNARTY Wrote: They are wasting no time on this. No Sir. Not that we expected them to. 

The only good news is most Americans, I hope, don't really give a dang about what the court says. Gun owners need to play the long game here. None of this marching around in front of the capital open carry. That solves nothing and makes it too easy. 

Like I said in another post, I am just wondering what the smear campaign is going to sound like. You know it's coming. Gun owners are Hitler. Save the children and report them.

It's perfectly legal for me to unlicensed carry, concealed or not, on my own property. I can march around all day and night on my 40 acres armed to the teeth. But that may even get noticed and I could be labeled crazy and away I go and so do my guns.

Marching around DC like that is truly asking for it in my opinion, as legal as that might be, could even get you killed if not jailed and fined. Exactly this, the death of the 2nd by a thousand cuts, they will eventually add the last straw that breaks the camel's back, that is their ultimate goal.
(03-25-2021, 01:37 PM)Michigan Swamp Buck Wrote:
(03-25-2021, 02:44 AM)ABNARTY Wrote: They are wasting no time on this. No Sir. Not that we expected them to. 

It's perfectly legal for me to unlicensed carry, concealed or not, on my own property. I can march around all day and night on my 40 acres armed to the teeth. But that may even get noticed and I could be labeled crazy and away I go and so do my guns.

Marching around DC like that is truly asking for it in my opinion, as legal as that might be, could even get you killed if not jailed and fined. Exactly this, the death of the 2nd by a thousand cuts, they will eventually add the last straw that breaks the camel's back, that is their ultimate goal.

I agree. The anti's are definitely in this for the long haul. Can't even count how many small laws and regulations they have enacted. Sure, none of them outright negate the 2A but there comes a point where it no longer works as intended. 

We cannot count on the American public to be concerned either. The 1A is currently being corroded and many people cheer it. The 4A was kneecapped by the Patriot Act and the NDAA's that followed. No one even notices. I wonder what it will take?