Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What does it take to support Facebook
I will admit that I know less than nothing when it comes to the technical side of these social sites and the needed computers required to maintain such a vast load and support. 
There must be a building or two, maybe more full of mainframe computers rapidly wirring and blinking sucking down electricity and information and spitting it out to our PC's

I know this is a simple uneducated panorama or perspective, so...... "Splain it to me Lucy"

[Image: Speak-Splain.gif]
The point is...... it seems about time that Facebook face some competition on the same scale. Some entity not yet contaminated with political leanings and ideologies, one not keen on censorship and PC. A poisonious practice. .Could a multi millionare form a company that became a major Social media ?

Just a thought since SO many people are having their posts removed or censored, and surprisingly not for profanity.... what gives ? 
Well, we have Rogue-Nation in the running.   tinybiggrin 

There are also other platforms that have been in the making for a while, such as:

GAB
Parler
4Chan
8Chan
8Kun
CloutHub
Pilled
And more that are just starting up. 

Maybe some of these can give FaceBook a run for their money. It shouldn't be that hard now that FB has been overtaken by censorship. People are leaving by droves to go to other platforms where they are still free to speak as they wish.
I hope someday FB will reap what it has sown and have to fight and scrape the bottom of the money jar just to stay afloat.
(10-19-2020, 04:41 PM)PLOTUS Wrote:
The point is...... it seems about time that Facebook face some competition on the same scale. Some entity not yet contaminated with political leanings and ideologies, one not keen on censorship and PC. A poisonious practice. .Could a multi millionare form a company that became a major Social media ?
I think the internet has ruined that possibility. 

Political diatribe and bigotry seeps into every nook and cranny,  and in some places, soaks it to the point of drowning.

Some trolls are like the attention seeking kid in high school, but some are bitter and just plain evil.

It wouldn't be so bad if people could tell when they are presented with a created and well crafted lie or the manipulated truth, but they can't. 

So it gives those that want to curtail the wicked spread of propaganda and hate, teeth. As with so many other things in life, there is always someone that steals the pleasure from the rest.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers