Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
McMillions
McMillions is a documentary on HBO about the Monopoly game scandal. From 1989-2001, there were a couple of guys running a scam where their relatives all got million dollar jackpots. The FBI got wind of this and started an investigation. It’s really riveting and mind blowing. How this went on for 11 years before anyone got caught is unbelievable. I’ve seen a couple of episodes of this. If you have HBO, this is a good one to watch.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8180]
I think I saw it on Hulu too, it looked interesting and I mean to watch it.
(07-19-2020, 03:34 AM)ChiefD Wrote: McMillions is a documentary on HBO about the Monopoly game scandal. From 1989-2001, there were a couple of guys running a scam where their relatives all got million dollar jackpots. The FBI got wind of this and started an investigation. It’s really riveting and mind blowing. How this went on for 11 years before anyone got caught is unbelievable. I’ve seen a couple of episodes of this. If you have HBO, this is a good one to watch.

Damn, why didn't I catch on to this. You know how many big macs and large fries I got back then, collecting all those pieces ?
The Truth is Out There, Somewhere
Louise and I watched it a while ago and were shocked at the way it was all covered up for years, as they knew full well that something was going on.

Selling Big Macs is the name, making outrageous money is the game.

Didn't end well for lots of them though.

Made me think of Tim Horton's roll up the rim to win. Probably fixed there too.

End result being that no regular folks ever win something...legitimately.

McMillions was an eye opener.
~ Today is the youngest you'll ever be again ~
(07-19-2020, 06:36 AM)kdog Wrote:
(07-19-2020, 03:34 AM)ChiefD Wrote: McMillions is a documentary on HBO about the Monopoly game scandal. From 1989-2001, there were a couple of guys running a scam where their relatives all got million dollar jackpots. The FBI got wind of this and started an investigation. It’s really riveting and mind blowing. How this went on for 11 years before anyone got caught is unbelievable. I’ve seen a couple of episodes of this. If you have HBO, this is a good one to watch.

Damn, why didn't I catch on to this. You know how many big macs and large fries I got back then, collecting all those pieces ?

Yeah, I hear ya there! I seldom ate at McDonalds except when they were having contests like that. Sometimes I’d go twice a day just to get more game pieces. Of course I never won anything. Just got fat in the process.  tinybigeyes
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8180]
Who, Really wins Publishers Clearing House?
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(07-19-2020, 07:56 PM)guohua Wrote: Who, Really wins Publishers Clearing House?

Or the Reader's Digest garbage I kept on receiving day in, day out.

minusculerolleyes
~ Today is the youngest you'll ever be again ~