Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
***Rogue's Outlandish Game Vol. 3 - Ahabstar Wins The Game ***
Welcome to our newest installment of Rogue's Outlandish Game!

*cue circus music*

Roguettes and Gentle-rogues! Rednecks of all ages! Tonight we have for you the ultimate in skill in deduction and detail! I direct your attention to our center (and only) ring, where IAMTAT will be facing off with Ahabstar! And now, without further ado, these are the claims by our Narrator, TheRedneck!

Remember that one of these is a bald-faced lie, while the other two are true. The rules of the game are:

IAMTAT will have the advantage of being our first contestant. Each contestant will be given the opportunity to ask TheRedneck a question pertaining to one of the claims, in turn, until both contestants have asked three questions each. TheRedneck, yours truly, will answer to the best of his ability, with the unvarnished truth... except for questions concerning the claim which is a lie, in which case he may continue to lie unabashedly. At the end of the questioning, each player will choose which of the three claims he believes is a lie, starting with IAMTAT. Ahabstar will not be able to choose the same claim as IAMTAT.

Spectators may ask questions, but TheRedneck may choose whether or not to answer them.

The winner will be the contestant who chooses the lie, and will become the Narrator for our next round. The loser will forfeit their ability to participate in the next round.

If neither chooses the lie, our gracious host Sol will conduct a guessing game which may or may not require the next 3.72 months to complete.

So now, here are the claims!

Claim #1: I once threatened my superior at work with a loaded pistol... and did not get fired!

Claim #2: I once designed, built, and entered into combat a "Battlebot" as a member of a team I assembled.

Claim #3: I was once hung by the neck with a noose for several minutes. Yes, I survived. No, there was no fetish involved.

Those are the claims I make to IAMTAT and Ahabstar. Two are the truth; one is a lie. It is up to you to determine which is which.

IAMTAT, as the contestant holding the advantage, the first question is yours: choose your words carefully!

TheRedneck
(07-02-2020, 09:24 PM)TheRedneck Wrote: Welcome to our newest installment of Rogue's Outlandish Game!

*cue circus music*

Roguettes and Gentle-rogues! Rednecks of all ages! Tonight we have for you the ultimate in skill in deduction and detail! I direct your attention to our center (and only) ring, where IAMTAT will be facing off with Ahabstar! And now, without further ado, these are the claims by our Narrator, TheRedneck!

Remember that one of these is a bald-faced lie, while the other two are true. The rules of the game are:

IAMTAT will have the advantage of being our first contestant. Each contestant will be given the opportunity to ask TheRedneck a question pertaining to one of the claims, in turn, until both contestants have asked three questions each. TheRedneck, yours truly, will answer to the best of his ability, with the unvarnished truth... except for questions concerning the claim which is a lie, in which case he may continue to lie unabashedly. At the end of the questioning, each player will choose which of the three claims he believes is a lie, starting with IAMTAT. Ahabstar will not be able to choose the same claim as IAMTAT.

Spectators may ask questions, but TheRedneck may choose whether or not to answer them.

The winner will be the contestant who chooses the lie, and will become the Narrator for our next round. The loser will forfeit their ability to participate in the next round.

If neither chooses the lie, our gracious host Sol will conduct a guessing game which may or may not require the next 3.72 months to complete.

Claim #1: I once threatened my superior at work with a loaded pistol... and did not get fired!

Claim #2: I once designed, built, and entered into combat a "Battlebot" as a member of a team I assembled.

Claim #3: I was once hung by the neck with a noose for several minutes. Yes, I survived. No, there was no fetish involved.

Those are the claims I make to IAMTAT and Ahabstar. Two are the truth; one is a lie. It is up to you to determine which is which.

IAMTAT, as the contestant holding the advantage, the first question is yours: choose your words carefully!

TheRedneck

CLAIM #3...
Do you have a scar around your neck from the noose?
If not, why not?

[Image: giphy.gif]

(07-02-2020, 09:41 PM)IAMTAT Wrote:
(07-02-2020, 09:24 PM)TheRedneck Wrote: Welcome to our newest installment of Rogue's Outlandish Game!

*cue circus music*

TheRedneck

CLAIM #3...
Do you have a scar around your neck from the noose?
If not, why not?

A scar, no. It was pretty red and irritated for a while, though. As to why... not sure. I didn't have a lot of experience being hung. Still don't, I am happy to say.

@Ahabstar, you're up!

TheRedneck
So much for an easy “Camped with Ahabstar” “He gave me a handy driver set.” “I got more money than Trump.” match...

Let’s see...On number 1, what was the make, model and caliber of the pistol?
(07-02-2020, 11:55 PM)Ahabstar Wrote: So much for an easy “Camped with Ahabstar” “He gave me a handy driver set.” “I got more money than Trump.” match...

Would've been my next question. minusculebeercheers

(07-02-2020, 11:55 PM)Ahabstar Wrote: So much for an easy “Camped with Ahabstar” “He gave me a handy driver set.” “I got more money than Trump.” match...

It was a Charter Arms .38 Special revolver, 5-shot snub loaded with semi-jacketed hollow points. Sorry, but I don't remember the actual model number.

And that ends round 1! Two more rounds to go.

@IAMTAT, you're up!

TheRedneck
(07-03-2020, 12:06 AM)TheRedneck Wrote:

It was a Charter Arms .38 Special revolver, 5-shot snub loaded with semi-jacketed hollow points. Sorry, but I don't remember the actual model number.

@IAMTAT, you're up!

TheRedneck
Point of procedure...Can I ask on ANY of the 3 now?

(07-03-2020, 12:11 AM)IAMTAT Wrote:

@IAMTAT, you're up!

TheRedneck
That is a good question as you might want to forego a topic for more details on another topic as you focus and just hope the other player asks a good question on the skipped topic.
Sorry.
I have to run out for an hour.
Apologies.

@IAMTAT, you're up!

TheRedneck

You can spend all of your three questions on one claim if you wish. That is totally up to you.
~ Today is the youngest you'll ever be again ~
Question on Claim #1: Why hasn't he or she or it fired you?

No need to answer as I'm not one of the game players but I'm just curious... tinycool
~ Today is the youngest you'll ever be again ~
(07-03-2020, 12:23 AM)Sol Wrote: Question on Claim #1: Why hasn't he or she or it fired you?

No need to answer as I'm not one of the game players but I'm just curious...  tinycool

tinysure 

All shall be revealed at the end. Both true claims have a very interesting storyline behind them.

TheRedneck
(07-03-2020, 12:21 AM)Sol Wrote:

@IAMTAT, you're up!

TheRedneck

You can spend all of your three questions on one claim if you wish. That is totally up to you.
Thank you.

Question #2

CLAIM #1...
Were you aware it was your superior as you threatened him with your gun?

(07-03-2020, 01:33 AM)IAMTAT Wrote: Question #2

CLAIM #1...

Absolutely! It was a small company. Everyone knew everyone within a couple of weeks. We had less than 20 employees all told. He was one level below the Owner and oversaw everything.

@Ahabstar, your turn.

TheRedneck
(07-03-2020, 01:53 AM)TheRedneck Wrote:

CLAIM #1...

Absolutely! It was a small company. Everyone knew everyone within a couple of weeks. We had less than 20 employees all told. He was one level below the Owner and oversaw everything.

@Ahabstar, your turn.

TheRedneck

Claim 3. About how old were you when you were hung?
(07-03-2020, 02:30 AM)Ahabstar Wrote:
(07-03-2020, 01:53 AM)TheRedneck Wrote:

CLAIM #1...

@Ahabstar, your turn.

TheRedneck

Claim 3. About how old were you when you were hung?

Ahhh, excellent question!

It was in the mid-70s, so I would have been somewhere around 12-14 years old. 12 Actually sounds about right.

TheRedneck
OK, that's two questions each! One round to go... @IAMTAT, I am ready for your last question.

TheRedneck
LAST QUESTION...

CLAIM #1:
Was your superior exhibiting any aggressive behavior leading to your threatening him/her/it?
If so, what type?

I just want to say, this game is exciting in a weird way.

I look forward to the answers.

I picture me as a fat, fluffy Hercules Perot.

tinylaughing
"I be ridin' they be hatin'."
-Abraham Lincoln