Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
To all the xATS’ers - I feel you
March 18, 2022 - This thread is old.

Howdy!

For all of you saddened and freaked about the impending loss of ATS, I feel your pain, anger or disappointment and you’re not alone. You’ll get through this.

I lurked for years but officially joined over there in 2007. I rarely posted feeling somewhat intimidated and out of my league with all the smart, worldly and intelligent people there but came to know the members, the personalities and what was what. ATS was my home. I was addicted and was there continuously during my waking hours. I know many of you have been the same.

During my tenure there, I met someone that had a lot of influence on my attitudes and I did begin to post a lot and it began to seem like my life on the boards was a much a part of me as my life in the flesh. It was so important to me having a place to be heard even if nobody listened and my opinions weren’t popular.

Then my bestie there threw a fit and got herself banned. In solidarity with her and her reasons, I got myself banned too.

I cried. I felt empty and lost and lonely and sad. It was like a failed romance that leaves a burning hole in your heart. My desire to come back caused problems between my also banned friend and I so there were a lot of things weighing on me. We didn’t speak for almost a year because of ATS.

Maybe a year later, I did rejoin with a new account and got right back into the swing of things. 1000 posts and another  year or two later, I was banned again and went through all the same grieving and loss process.

I continued to visit the site 500 times a day anyway. I just couldn’t give it up or stay away. I asked to have my account reinstated but after a staff vote, it was decided I was not welcome back.

Time passed and I tried a couple new accounts briefly and I was banned like lightning. Another nine months or a year later, dumbass me signed up once more. Nearly six months in and 100 posts later just when I started feeling safe, a couple weeks or a month ago, I was banned AGAIN! Saddened yes, but not truly surprised. I could still visit 99 times a day to be with my family and my community even if I was an outsider.

When SO made his announcement and word spread, I was dismayed at not being able to reconnect one last time, say my goodbyes and figure out how to stay in contact with my friends. Over the course of the last week as it has begun to look like the site may go dark in days, the feelings of loss of something I’ve had a love/hate relationship for thirteen years is really beginning to set in.

This time though, after putting my hand in the fire and getting burned again and again, I’m a little more able to cope having been through this rodeo a time or two before.

If they do turn out the lights, I just wanted to say to those that are also reeling from this impending loss I feel you and hear you. It doesn’t help much but you’re not alone. When ATS was great, it was the best.

They say home is where you hang your hat and with all the familiar faces showing up here every day, soon we’ll all be Rogues and our hearts will heal. I know it isn’t easy though.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
Anyone banned from ATS was banned for good reason....

I personally, won't associate with any online persona that failed to pass the ATS test.....

minusculebonker
"Apes together strong" - Caesar.

So many familiar faces here, it's awesome! Thanks Snarl and chiefsmom.

I'd like to see DTOM here guys, she is the epitome of what ATS stands/stood for so I am going to lobby her at the right time, see if she's keen.

[Image: Eb-BCJbu-X0-AEk-BD.jpg]
(06-22-2020, 07:08 AM)MisterSpock Wrote: Anyone banned from ATS was banned for good reason....

I personally, won't associate with any online persona that failed to pass the ATS test.....

minusculebonker

I thought getting banned was the ultimate ATS test? I should have a medal and hazardous duty pay for my sacrifices!  tinybighuh

I'm not sure what happened last time? I had a friend that tried to join but couldn't. I sent a nice note to the staff about the join link not working and BLAM! I assume I was recognized or something? I really don't know.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
(06-22-2020, 07:13 AM)Sublimecraft Wrote: I'd like to see DTOM here guys, she is the epitome of what ATS stands/stood for so I am going to lobby her at the right time, see if she's keen.

She's already here!
I think DTOM is already signed up. 

I saw FCD doing some big goodbye post, surprised no one drug him over here.
(06-22-2020, 07:17 AM)Freija Wrote:
(06-22-2020, 07:13 AM)Sublimecraft Wrote: I'd like to see DTOM here guys, she is the epitome of what ATS stands/stood for so I am going to lobby her at the right time, see if she's keen.

She's already here!

That's great news, it really is good to see so many of the crew here - love it!!!
(06-22-2020, 07:20 AM)Sublimecraft Wrote:

She's already here!

That's great news, it really is good to see so many of the crew here - love it!!!

The downside to seeing all the old crew again is that a couple of undesirables might sneak in, too.

Not my fault, though... I was invited. tinytongue

TheRedneck
@"Freija" 
Heart Touching Post and yes I felt your feeling of being Lost and Alone and Not Wanted.
But let me say this, me and my core membership here have also been Banned and actually Kicked Out Of A Site I Found and Helped Create and Run Everyday.
My current long time member's here, all went to log in and we found ourselves Banned, I mean Frozen out and I was part of the Admin, I had the Passwords to the Back-Door and the server name site.
He had in one day had me Cut Off and all My Friends here Banned.

Because he felt threatened by me and my friends.

They have stuck by me and this site keeping it alive with just us and a few others who would stop by and post.
Not only Mystic Wanderer but everyone here you see and my Admin's, Super-Mod's and Mod's.
plus others that could stop by from time to time, Wallfire joined a few months ago and has been a Blessing.

I just want to say, you are part of a Family Here, you have a Home and I Truly believe I have the Most Understanding and Caring Admin's, Super-Mod's and Mod's of any site.

They are here to help and assure YOUR Happiness and Help in anyway they can AND I think with the way AVATARS have been designed and how Ninurta has help with questions and Gif's and Gordi and BIAD have been here to help.
No one that has signed up as been greeted by a Bot or Programmed Welcome, everyone has been greeted by a member, A Rogue!

All of the Rogues here are Family.
My goal is for all members to know you can ask us anything anytime.

I also would like to Stress One More Topic.

Private Messages here at Rogue-Nation are Just That PRIVATE!
Not ME or a Admin or a Super-Mod or Mod have the ability to read or view or send to me your PM's.
They are Private.

I hope everyone understands, we are a Member Driven Site, YOU make this Site and we are here to give you the Tools!

Any Questions For Me,,,, No,,, then get to have FUN and RELAX!
guohua

Edited to Add.
please understand, this was first typed out in Mandarin Chinese and Translated.  tinybiggrin
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(06-22-2020, 07:35 AM)TheRedneck Wrote:
(06-22-2020, 07:20 AM)Sublimecraft Wrote:

She's already here!

The downside to seeing all the old crew again is that a couple of undesirables might sneak in, too.

Not my fault, though... I was invited. tinytongue

TheRedneck

smallnotamused silly old me - of course some of the fruitcakes will likely make their way here....which should add to the fun!!!
(06-22-2020, 07:35 AM)TheRedneck Wrote: The downside to seeing all the old crew again is that a couple of undesirables might sneak in, too.

Oh crap! Now they're going to be on the lookout for us! Glad I was able to slide in before you brought this to their attention.

I'll try to keep a low profile.

Signed,
Undesirable coalition staff member
I have to admit I have mixed feelings about ATS right now. It had the most inquisitive and intelligent minds on the Internet.

"Had" being the key word here.

My experiences online have not been pleasant elsewhere. I have this tendency to speak my mind, and I'm not socially that well-accepted. ATS accepted me the way I am, and even eventually honored me with a Staff position. Back then, they were what RN claims to be (and what I hope they are): a home for those who are just not satisfied with the status quo.

But things change.

I even had an idea to save ATS... was willing to give more to it than I would consider giving anywhere else. What did I hear? Crickets. Admin wouldn't even reply. So a few days ago I pretty much gave up on them and accepted I was homeless on the Internet again. Problem this time was that I don't want to lose track of the friends I have made (yes, some of whom were eventually banned). I'm not going to go into who caused what or why just now... maybe never... but this has been building for a long time. I will say this: Google was the final straw. Google drove the stake in the heart of an ailing ATS, and I doubt I will ever forgive them for that.

We're entering a new world, my friends... one with intelligent virii, one with wal and redro instead of law and order, one where reality is a fake tapestry woven by those with the loudest voices on the highest podiums. In such a world, a place to get real, honest truth out to the public is our only hope. ATS was such a place, but ATS is fading into nothingness as darkness encroaches. May Rogue Nation be such a light and may it shine as brightly as ATS once did.

For without a beacon to guide us through the coming darkness, we have no hope.

TheRedneck
@"TheRedneck" 

Quote:My experiences online have not been pleasant elsewhere. I have this tendency to speak my mind, and I'm not socially that well-accepted. ATS accepted me the way I am, and even eventually honored me with a Staff position. Back then, they were what RN claims to be (and what I hope they are): a home for those who are just not satisfied with the status quo.

That is what we started out as in 2016 and WE have not changed.
We have Hung Onto this Site when others even after I sent repeated Invites did not come, but we stayed true to form and will continue as long as I am The Site owner and have my current Admin's, Super-Mod's and Mod's here with me.
You and everyone here has My Word, this site was not created to make money from Google, Ads or YOUR Content.
This site was created my Like Minded people who wanted to get the TRUTH Out, Epstein did not Commit Suicide, UFO's are Real and Yes Trump Jr. there is a Space Force and "Q" means something, did anyone notice the Mandela Effect.
That is why we are here, to Wake the Sheeple, NOT Flees our Members of their hard work and contributions.
I hope I have explained my self to you and others in my old Chinese Way, I'm just Blunt and Straight Forward and I would like our Family here to be the same way.
Any Questions,,,, No,,,, Good, go back to having fun and relaxing. 
guohua
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
Thank you @"TheRedneck" for sharing your feelings.

I think everyone has a lot of feels about this and it seems only natural that after spending literally thousands of hours of your life somewhere to be a little sad or a have sense of loss when it's gone.

Change is always hard and starting over isn't always easy but it does give us a moment to pause and reflect on where we've been and where we're going. There is no growth without change. It's just a part of life.
(06-22-2020, 07:39 AM)guohua Wrote: @"Freija" 
Heart Touching Post and yes I felt your feeling of being Lost and Alone and Not Wanted.
But let me say this, me and my core membership here have also been Banned and actually Kicked Out Of A Site I Found and Helped Create and Run Everyday.
My current long time member's here, all went to log in and we found ourselves Banned, I mean Frozen out and I was part of the Admin, I had the Passwords to the Back-Door and the server name site.
He had in one day had me Cut Off and all My Friends here Banned.

Because he felt threatened by me and my friends.

They have stuck by me and this site keeping it alive with just us and a few others who would stop by and post.
Not only Mystic Wanderer but everyone here you see and my Admin's, Super-Mod's and Mod's.
plus others that could stop by from time to time, Wallfire joined a few months ago and has been a Blessing.

I just want to say, you are part of a Family Here, you have a Home and I Truly believe I have the Most Understanding and Caring Admin's, Super-Mod's and Mod's of any site.

They are here to help and assure YOUR Happiness and Help in anyway they can AND I think with the way AVATARS have been designed and how Ninurta has help with questions and Gif's and Gordi and BIAD have been here to help....
  tinybiggrin

OI!
Just for clarity...
I was never banned.
They wanted me to stay, but I chose to leave. (AFAIK??? LOL)

(***Cue soft violin music and dimmed mood lighting...***)

For a while, I didn't know where to go... (sniffle)
I visited the original RN and CoJo's (and later LA's for a short time)... wandering, lost and alone, cast out on the cold fog of despair...

(Slowly crank up the violins... slowly... slowly....)

...unsure where to turn... never knowing the right path... despairing for...

(Fade up the.... <CRACK>  feck... broke the fader... uhm.... "imagine" it getting a wee bit brighter...)

... something? ... someone?... somewhere to call "home"....

(Cue: larger sniffle and drop a tear from a watery eye...)

And...... do you know... do you understand what happened...?

I'll tell you all later.

tinylaughing
G
[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]
I lurked on ATS for 15 years, but never joined because of the dumb FB thing., 
I feel like a fan meeting her favourite celebrities! Stoked to be here with you all, and more than a little overwhelmed.
(06-22-2020, 09:57 AM)WonderCow Wrote: I lurked on ATS for 15 years, but never joined because of the dumb FB thing., 
I feel like a fan meeting her favourite celebrities! Stoked to be here with you all, and more than a little overwhelmed.

Then thank you and Welcome Aboard @"WonderCow" !
G
@Gordi I'm so not worthy, lol!
(06-22-2020, 08:26 AM)Freija Wrote: Change is always hard and starting over isn't always easy but it does give us a moment to pause and reflect on where we've been and where we're going.
Starting over? Not likely for this old redneck.

It may be a new site with new rules and new gadgets, but I'm not starting over. I'm bringing everything I have learned from my time with ATS with me! All of the secrets whispered among TPTB, all of the evidence for corruption and coverups, all of the knowledge gleaned through years of reading posts.

And I'm bringing the relationships. I know you; you know me. Same people, different forum.

I'm too freakin' old to be starting over. I'm plowing on through.

(06-22-2020, 08:26 AM)Freija Wrote: There is no growth without change. It's just a part of life.
Amen, Sister. Amen.

TheRedneck
(06-22-2020, 10:10 AM)TheRedneck Wrote:
(06-22-2020, 08:26 AM)Freija Wrote: Change is always hard and starting over isn't always easy but it does give us a moment to pause and reflect on where we've been and where we're going.
Starting over? Not likely for this old redneck.

It may be a new site with new rules and new gadgets, but I'm not starting over. I'm bringing everything I have learned from my time with ATS with me! All of the secrets whispered among TPTB, all of the evidence for corruption and coverups, all of the knowledge gleaned through years of reading posts.

And I'm bringing the relationships. I know you; you know me. Same people, different forum.

I'm too freakin' old to be starting over. I'm plowing on through.

(06-22-2020, 08:26 AM)Freija Wrote: There is no growth without change. It's just a part of life.
Amen, Sister. Amen.

TheRedneck

That's far too sensible, you are... B A N N E D !

smallroflmao

JUST KIDDING!!! btw

minusculebeercheers
G