Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Want to Learn About Lucid Dreaming?
Does anyone here ever have a lucid dream?  
I do sometimes, but I can't make myself wake up enough to write it down, as instructed. Then, when I wake up I have forgotten my dream.  tinycrying

[Image: 1283123688146.jpg]

This article goes deep into explaining the lucid dream and how it can benefit us. I'm only posting a portion from the article.

Read the full article here:  Source Link

What is Lucid Dreaming?

Quote:
Lucid dreaming is a state of consciousness, when we are aware that we are dreaming. Some might suggest it gives us the ability to control our dreams; this view is driven by ego. Lucid dreaming is best understood as a spiritual state present within each of us that heightens our human experience.
Quote:Dreams are our birthright and grant us access to the most potent channels of healing and spiritual enlightenment.
The wondrous news is dreaming is freely available to us all! No special skills, no dogma, no fancy equipment required. It is a competency that you can develop with simple practices of awareness and dedication.

7 Steps to Lucid Dreaming

Quote:
1. Keep a Dream Journal
Track your dreams to learn the themes and landscapes. If you dream of a passed relative or your childhood home, your mind recognizes this as a dream. The goal is to become cognizant of these motifs so your brain can alert you to your sleeping state.
It is best to write down your dreams upon first waking to capture as much as you can. Also, don’t jump out of bed in the morning. To record the most vivid details, stay in the same space and wake gently.
2. Set an Intention & State Verbal Affirmations
Before sleeping state “I will remember my dreams. I will have a lucid dream.” This affirmation sets within your brain and body the fertile possibility for it to occur.
When you can enter into sleep with a clear intention of what you want to experience, your brain can easily conspire to orchestrate this in lucid dream time.
3. Get Enough Sleep
If your body and brain are tired, you won’t have enough time in the REM cycle to explore the spaces where lucid dreams occur. Go to bed a bit earlier to honor the sacred space you wish to traverse.
4. Set an Alarm
Lucid dreams happen during the REM phase, a few hours before waking. Set an alarm to go off 1-2 hours before you normally wake. Stay awake for 15-30 minutes in a calm space and one which you can gently return to sleep. This will aid you in being more aware that you are dreaming.
Fascinatingly, as I’ve been writing this article my interest in lucid dreaming has piqued. Spontaneously I am waking right before REM and can program my mind to re-enter sleep with greater recall!
5. Lucid Dream Tools
There are many aids that can improve our chances of a lucid dream.
Crystals
Quartz is a great stone for memory and can help you recall the details for your dream journal. If you want to up your likelihood of a lucid dream, scolecite and danburite when combined are powerful allies to trigger this state.
Binaural Beats
Binaural beats are sound frequencies that aid the brain by playing tones at slighted altered intervals. Specific waves to induce REM and our theta state have assist in lucid dreaming when played at the right sleep cycle.
Let Technology Help
A plethora of apps exist to alert you when you are in REM and prepare you consciously for your lucid dream time. The Aurora Dream Headband goes one step further to detect brainwaves and flash mild lights when you reach REM. None of these will guarantee a lucid dream but they will significantly up your chances!
Herbs
Sacred plants have long been a boon to the spiritually aware. There are many herbs to support lucid dreams including valerian root and mugwort. Your best bet is ready made blends you can find online and will save you countless trips to the apothecary.
6. Reality Checks
Performed while awake, these playful tests will bleed over into your dream state to trigger the awareness that you are actually asleep.
  • Push hands together – in a dream your hands will go through each other
  • Pinch nostrils to stop breathing – in a dream breath will be unaffected
  • Look at a book – in a dream, the words will change or be indecipherable
  • Count – in a dream, easy brain functions like math and numbers don’t compute
  • State “I am awake” – in a dream, state “I am dreaming”

7. Dream Yoga
When you want to move into the deep study of your dreams for healing and total transformation, dream yoga is the graduate level. It is an ancient practice employed by the Tibetan Buddhists. This observes the spiritual development that lucid dreams offer. As shamans honor the dream space for their continued work, so too do the yogis revere this time for continuing their mindfulness training.
Holecek states “The purpose of these practices is to integrate lucidity and flexibility with every moment of life and to let go of the heavily conditioned way we have of ordering reality, of making meaning, of being trapped in delusion.”

Anyone want to share any lucid dreams you've had?

Anyone going to try this?