Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Receding glacier causes immense Canadian river to vanish in four days
Well, they're framing it as "Climate Change" but, whatever the cause... The Power of Nature certainly can be amazing!

The mighty Slims River in Canada's Yukon Territory has all but dried up after melting glacier water caused a huge shift in the direction of water draining from the VAST Kaskawulsh glacier which previously fed into it.!

From The Guardian UK:
Quote:"An immense river that flowed from one of Canada’s largest glaciers vanished over the course of four days last year, scientists have reported, in an unsettling illustration of how global warming dramatically changes the world’s geography.

The abrupt and unexpected disappearance of the Slims river, which spanned up to 150 metres at its widest points, is the first observed case of “river piracy”, in which the flow of one river is suddenly diverted into another."

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1652]

LINK to source article on The GUARDIAN UK

The direction of water flowing into two similar sized rivers from the huge glacier has been changed so much that one river is now around 70 times bigger than the other!

Similar events have happened in the past but I think that this is the first time that it has actually been observed happening.

Pretty amazing stuff.

G

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Pffffffffffffffftttttthhhhh ....... thats not climate change ..... its nature .......
Wonder if any of those idiots has a working braincell in their empty heads ......
Better to reign in hell ....
  than serve in heaven .....

(04-18-2017, 04:22 PM)Daitengu Wrote: Pffffffffffffffftttttthhhhh ....... thats not climate change ..... its nature .......
Wonder if any of those idiots has a working braincell in their empty heads ......

Well, I hope you're not implying any hidden agendas there Dai??? tinylaughing

[/sarcasm]
(04-18-2017, 04:22 PM)Daitengu Wrote: Pffffffffffffffftttttthhhhh ....... thats not climate change ..... its nature .......

No, I think not. Their brains were al removed by Gore and Obama.
[Image: mad_scientist_running_with_brain_md_wm_v2.gif] Running away with their Brain,,,, they don't think.
The look you get when you explain to them it's just the Weather.
[Image: 760753.gif]
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
Just wait until that big glacier breaks off and falls into the ocean that's in the news; we'll be seeing a lot of new rivers... and tsunamis.   tinysurprised
(04-19-2017, 02:40 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: Just wait until that big glacier breaks off and falls into the ocean that's in the news; we'll be seeing a lot of new rivers... and tsunamis.   tinysurprised

*hands mystic surfboard an string bikini ... * now ya ready for it when it happens .....
Better to reign in hell ....
  than serve in heaven .....

(04-19-2017, 03:04 PM)Daitengu Wrote:
(04-19-2017, 02:40 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: Just wait until that big glacier breaks off and falls into the ocean that's in the news; we'll be seeing a lot of new rivers... and tsunamis.   tinysurprised

*hands mystic surfboard an string bikini ... * now ya ready for it when it happens .....

Thanks Daitengu.  I'm ready and waiting...        [Image: tumblr_me2955RKHf1rjqq8to1_500.jpg]