Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
298,000 new jobs in February
That's right folks, Nearly 300,000 new jobs.
The Corporate World Believes in trump.

I read where some Obama Worshipper, claimed this was Obama's economic plan that created these new jobs,,,,, FAIL!
Quote:U.S. companies added a whopping 298,000 new jobs in February, beating economists' expectations by more than 100,000.

The report from ADP, a global human resources and payroll firm, provides the first hard economic numbers from Donald Trump's first full month as president.
Trump tweeted a self-congratulatory note, calling the number 'much more than expected!

He also wrote Wednesday on Twitter about another similar measure, citing numbers from a new LinkedIn workforce report that showed strong job-adding numbers from January and February.

Those months 'were the strongest consecutive months for hiring since August and September 2015,' the president tweeted, mirroring the report's language.
Construction jobs increased by 66,000 in February, and the manufacturing sector added 32,000.
Trump has pledged to dramatically improve the U.S. employment market in those sectors as he tries to lure businesses from overseas and stop jobs from fleeing across the border.

He has also promised $1 trillion in new infrastructure spending, another measure calculated to add jobs.

'February proved to be an incredibly strong month for employment with increases we have not seen in years,' Ahu Yildirmaz, vice president of the ADP Research Institute, said in a statement.
January's new-jobs numbers were also revised upward on Wednesday from 246,000 to 261,000.
'Confidence is playing a large role,' Mark Zandi, chief economist of Moody's Analytics, told CNBC
'Businesses are anticipating a lot of good stuff – tax cuts, less regulation. They are hiring more aggressively.'
The official U.S. unemployment rate is expected to shift downward from 4.8 per cent to 4.7 per cent, in response to the official jobs numbers report, due Friday. 
Source

Here is that Loonatics post.
Quote:Trump supporters clearly live in an alternate fantasy land. The latest unemployment rate of 4.7% is Obama's legacy - down from over 9% in 2009 when the economy was on verge of depression. That turn around is Obama's legacy pure and simple. Over 12 million jobs added to the economy in 8 years. Trump has only just started and cannot take any credit for the latest jobs report - job creation follows the economy and right now that economy was fueled by Obama's policies - it will take 12+ months before we see any impact of Trump's policies.

The only jobs Obama created was do nothing jobs in the Federal Government.
Then you have this Obama Worshipper:
Quote:You have GOT to be kidding!!!! Thank President Obama for the uptick in jobs, Trump didnt even set FOOT in the White House until January 21st, and he's done NOTHING to create more jobs, unless you might count the oil companies and ICE and that was in February! What a lame ass piece of journalism this is, or as we call it here in the states, YELLOW JOURNALISM!! Why are you kissing Trumps rump is what I don't get!!
I know Trump talked to Carrier in December, of 2016 about keeping jobs in America.
I understand that Carrier agreed to save 1,100 jobs.
That wasn't Obama!
For the future of some jobs,,,,,,
Quote:Samsung Plans U.S. Expansion, Would Shift Manufacturing From Mexico

Quote:SEOUL— Samsung Electronics Co. is planning a major investment to expand its U.S. production facilities, according to people familiar with the matter, with at least five states in discussions.
The initial capital investment is expected to be around $300 million, several of the people said, with Samsung shifting some production of oven ranges to the U.S. from Mexico. The move could generate around 500 jobs, those people said.
Talks are continuing and no final decisions have been made, with a start date for oven-range production still undetermined, the people said, so the details may change.

Samsung’s interest in a U.S. factory was influenced by the election of U.S. President Donald Trump, according to people familiar with the matter. Mr. Trump campaigned on a desire to create more manufacturing jobs in the country—and has threatened potential penalties for companies that don’t comply.
Source

Obama's Legacy, the 3 day work week at 10 dollars an hour and NO Benefits!
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
That's great!

I also saw this, and a post by another who said it was mostly all the jobs on the pipeline.  (Probably because they didn't want the pipeline, and needed to bitch about something they didn't like about Trump.)

I'm not for the pipeline either, but I am happy to see that people will have a job finally to provide for themselves and their families without having to rely on government handouts.   minusculebeercheers
Today there's Good News Being Reported.
Quote:US created 235,000 jobs in Feb, vs 190,000 expected
Link

Quote:152,528,000: Record Number of Employed in February; Participation Rate Rises
Link

Quote:U.S. Adds 28,000 Jobs in Manufacturing--and 8,000 in Government
link

Quote:Strong U.S. job growth, rising wages set stage for Fed rate hike
Link

Quote:America's Labor Market Is Getting Better by Almost Any Measure
Link

Quote:Amazing: US Debt Decreased by More Than $60 Billion Since Trump Inauguration
Link

No this has Nothing At All To Do With That Loser Obama!
America needed a Business Man, Not A Politicians.
Not A Whining P C Freak!
I'm cautiously optimistic about this report....the same optimism I had over the reports for the last 8 years. They don't tell the whole story (what kinds of jobs, what pay, how many more were lost / outsourced, etc.) but it's a number to latch onto nonetheless. 

What I find ironic is how his first big jobs report is all of a sudden something to be proud of after 2 years of calling job reports phony...

Phony Numbers

With that said, I share the view that the unemployment rate AND the monthly jobs number DO NOT tell the whole story (again, it's a number to latch onto) I'm just surprised at his sudden change of heart. I mean, from the article (to quote Spicer):

Quote:“I talked to the president prior to this, and he said to quote him very clearly: 'They may have been phony in the past, but it’s very real now.' ”

And as far as the pipeline? It's been well known for years that it was going to create jobs (Keystone that is) but once the construction was finished it only needed about 30 - 40 people. So yes, initial construction and the "trickle effect" it would create (clothes for workers, food for workers, companies that manufacture construction equipment, etc.) would create potentially tens of thousands of jobs. But then?

Quote:The number of permanent employees the pipeline would require after construction ends is dismally low: just 35.

Keystone Jobs

I guess you can say "better than nothing" but back to the point in my post: For years Trump blasted phony numbers and complained that "the jobs report was BS because it's all low paying temporary jobs" and now (with the flip of a switch) it's different. Changing the playing field. 

So yes, I too am cautiously optimistic and hope that jobs continue to grow. To me? No matter WHO the president is or who runs congress, I could care less WHO makes it better (so long as it gets better). I will not let my disdain for this man stand in the way of ANYBODY's betterment. But I also won't let him twist the BS he complained about for years to his liking.  tinycool
Update, Update,,,, And notice the Month this report is for,,,,, April 2017 Not April 2016!!!!
Quote:WASHINGTON (MarketWatch) — The number of out-of-work people collecting unemployment checks fell to a 17-year low in April, underscoring the strongest U.S. labor market in years.

The last time state unemployment offices sent out fewer checks to jobless Americans was in April 2000, the government reported Thursday.[/url]

Initial jobless claims, meanwhile, rose by 10,000 to a still-low 244,000 in the seven days stretching from April 9 to April 15. . The number of new applicants for unemployment benefits has registered less than 300,000 for 111 straight weeks, the longest streak since the early 1970s.
[url=http://www.marketwatch.com/story/number-of-people-collecting-unemployment-checks-hits-17-year-low-jobless-claims-show-2017-04-20]Source

Putting America back To Work,,,,, President Trump is Convincing big Corporation and Investors to trust America.
That's really great news.  minusculethumbsup2
I have hope for my daughter, nieces, and nephews' future once again.  That is, if we don't have a nuclear war. tinyshocked
1984hasarrived indeed

300k jobs do not magically appear overnight, either this was in the pipeline, and he is taking credit for it as usual, or it is BS.

I call the second one. 

There are lies and then there are statistics.
Up-Date Yes an Up-Date!
Quote:US created 211,000 jobs in April, vs 185,000 jobs expected
Source
Quote:U.S. job growth rebounds sharply, unemployment rate hits 4.4 percent
Source
Quote:153,156,000 Employed Americans in April, 3rd Straight Record; Unemployment Rate Dips to 4.4%
Source
Quote:U.S. Economy Adds a Robust 211,000 Jobs in April

Unemployment rate fell to the lowest level in nearly a decade at 4.4%
Source
You haven't seen headlines like these in The Last (8) Eight Years!!!!!  The Soros Puppet did his best in eight years to turn America into a 3rd World Nation with people begging for Scraps from the Elites.
Not Anymore!
[Image: BN-TH406_2ZbbI_OR_20170504122425.jpg?wid...height=573]
[Image: ?m=02&d=20170505&t=2&i=1183348995&w=644&...XMPED4406E]
Update,,,, and some will not like the news.
Seeing how they don't understand that America didn't elect another Politician as POTUS, we elected a Business Man.
Quote:Private payrolls add 253K in May vs. 185K est.: ADP
  • Companies added 253,000 new jobs in May, well above expectations of 185,000 and April's 174,000.
  • Big growth areas were construction and professional and business services.
Link
Nice, don't you think?

Yes, Little Snow-Flake, there are jobs again out there, Maybe Ten Cent Liberal Arts degree you can work the Brill, you're not Smart Enough to use the Register.
[Image: 566c119324814f7e17e04a99c18d9697.jpg]
Just as an add-on to this story and a possible indication that this wasn't a deal
already in the pipeline... It might not be much, but heh, it's about jobs at the end
of the day.

Donald Trump seals deals worth $8 billion with Vietnam.

'President Donald Trump talked trade with Vietnamese Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc
during a White House visit yesterday and welcomed the signing of business deals worth
billions of dollars and the jobs they would create.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1906]

The US Commerce Department announced 13 new transactions with Vietnam worth $8 billion,
including $3 billion worth of US-produced content that would support more than 23,000 American
jobs.

These include deals for General Electric Co worth $5.58 billion for power generation, aircraft
engines and services, its largest-ever combined sale in Vietnam.
Caterpillar Inc and its dealer in Vietnam also agreed to provide generator management technology
for more than 100 generators in Vietnam, the company said.

"They (Vietnam) just made a very large order in the United States - and we appreciate that - for many
billions of dollars, which means jobs for the United States and great, great equipment for Vietnam,"
Trump told reporters at the White House.

The Commerce Department estimate of the deals was considerably less than the $15 billion figure
 given by Prime Minister Phuc during a speech at the Heritage Foundation, adding that most of the
total involved the import of US equipment.

Communist Vietnam has gone from being a Cold War enemy to an important partner for the United
States in the Asia-Pacific, where both countries share concerns about China's rising power...'
SOURCE:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
(06-01-2017, 09:37 PM)BIAD Wrote: Just as an add-on to this story and a possible indication that this wasn't a deal
already in the pipeline... It might not be much, but heh, it's about jobs at the end
of the day.

Donald Trump seals deals worth $8 billion with Vietnam.

'President Donald Trump talked trade with Vietnamese Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc
during a White House visit yesterday and welcomed the signing of business deals worth
billions of dollars and the jobs they would create.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1906]

The US Commerce Department announced 13 new transactions with Vietnam worth $8 billion,
including $3 billion worth of US-produced content that would support more than 23,000 American
jobs.

These include deals for General Electric Co worth $5.58 billion for power generation, aircraft
engines and services, its largest-ever combined sale in Vietnam.
Caterpillar Inc and its dealer in Vietnam also agreed to provide generator management technology
for more than 100 generators in Vietnam, the company said.

"They (Vietnam) just made a very large order in the United States - and we appreciate that - for many
billions of dollars, which means jobs for the United States and great, great equipment for Vietnam,"
Trump told reporters at the White House.

The Commerce Department estimate of the deals was considerably less than the $15 billion figure
 given by Prime Minister Phuc during a speech at the Heritage Foundation, adding that most of the
total involved the import of US equipment.

Communist Vietnam has gone from being a Cold War enemy to an important partner for the United
States in the Asia-Pacific, where both countries share concerns about China's rising power...'
SOURCE:

That's great news!   Go Trump!   minusculeclap     minusculebeercheers
Up-Date, Up-Date!
[Image: th?id=OIP.Dj18K66YYFx7ZqQSfdeR-wEsEs&w=1...=4&pid=1.7] 
Quote:US nonfarm payrolls total 222,000 in June vs 179,000 expected
[Image: th?id=OIP.Dj18K66YYFx7ZqQSfdeR-wEsEs&w=1...=4&pid=1.7]

Quote:The U.S. job market roared back to life in June, with a better-than-expected 222,000 new positions created in June while the unemployment rate held at 4.4 percent, according to a government report Friday.

Economists surveyed by Reuters had been expecting nonfarm payrolls growth of 179,000 and the unemployment rate to be 4.3 percent.
Wage growth, however, remained muted, with average hourly earnings rising 2.5 percent on an annualized basis, essentially unchanged from the previous month. On a monthly basis, the rise was 0.2 percent, which actually was a shade below the 0.2 percent expectation.

The average work week edged higher, rising 0.1 hours to 34.5.

The report "is another illustration that the real economy is in good health," said Paul Ashworth, chief U.S. economist at Capital Economics.

"The only disappointment is that wage growth still shows few signs of accelerating."

The jump in payrolls came following a disappointing May that saw an increase of just 152,000.
However, even that number was revised up from an initially reported 138,000, and April was revised upward as well, from 174,000 to 207,000.
Source
NO! Obama had Nothing To Do With These Numbers!
Like the new smiley emoticon.  Can we have that one on here so it will be available to all of us?   smallgreengrin
That's great, get people back to work and get some pride back!!

In the meantime, your President is meeting the Russian President on the sidelines of the G20
and the Hamburg rioters are showing their rage by kicking some cobblestones over.
SOURCE:

If you're of a sensitive nature, look away... it's scary-stuff.
mediumfacepalm

[Image: attachment.php?aid=2122]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
Update, Update,,,, Of-Course a Business-man could do or Cared To Do What a politician Couldn't or Won't.

Quote:The U.S. economy continued a strong summer, adding 209,000 jobs in July while the unemployment rate fell to 4.3 percent, the lowest since March 2001, according to a government report Friday.

Economists surveyed by Reuters had expected the report to show growth of 183,000; the unemployment rate met expectations. A more encompassing rate that includes discouraged workers and the underemployed was unchanged at 8.6 percent.

The number of employed Americans hit a new high of 153.5 million thanks to a surge of 345,000. The employment-to-population ratio also moved up to 60.2 percent, its highest level since February 2009.

Stock market futures liked the news, rising to indicate a positive open, while government bond yields also moved considerably higher.
"Kind of an all-around strong headline number," said Tony Bedikian, head of global markets for Citizens Bank. "More people are coming into the labor force and finding jobs. It's difficult to find anything really negative in the report."
Source

MAGA!!  GiantThumbsUp

Obama promised Shovel Ready Jobs,,,,,,(he never produced those jobs) and President Trump  years Later Delivers!!!
AND even More Good News!!!
Quote:The U.S. trade deficit narrowed in June as exports hit the highest level in 2 ? years.

The Commerce Department said Friday that the trade gap slid 5.9 percent in June to $43.6 billion.

Exports of goods and services rose 1.2 percent to $194.4 billion, the highest amount since December 2014 on higher foreign demand for American soybeans, computer accessories and other products. Services exports reached a record $65.4 billion.

U.S. exports may be getting a lift from a pickup in global economic growth and a drop in the value of the U.S. dollar against other currencies. A weaker dollar makes American products a better bargain in foreign markets.

Overall imports slipped 0.2 percent to $238 billion on a drop in demand for cellphones and other household goods.
Source

Knock, Knock, Knock,,,,,,Obama Voters????? You see that?  minusculethinking
And... we also have this news coming out:

More Winning: US GDP Soars Past $19 Trillion for First Time in American History

minusculeknocks

Quote:Thanks to President Trump, not only has the US Stock Market set multiple all time high records, the US GDP just soared past $19 trillion for the first time – ever.
The second quarter US Gross Domestic Product annual growth rate released on Friday showed two times the rate from the first quarter under Trump according to the US Bureau of Economic Analysis.
https://twitter.com/surfermom77/status/8...5826729984

“Real gross domestic product increased at an annual rate of 2.6 percent in the second quarter of 2017, according to the ‘advance’ estimate released by the Bureau of Economic Analysis. In the first quarter, real GDP increased 1.2 percent, (revised up from the original 0.7 percent growth),” the BEA reported.

Click on the title to read the full article.
(08-04-2017, 04:05 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: And... we also have this news coming out:

More Winning: US GDP Soars Past $19 Trillion for First Time in American History

minusculeknocks

Quote:Thanks to President Trump, not only has the US Stock Market set multiple all time high records, the US GDP just soared past $19 trillion for the first time – ever.
The second quarter US Gross Domestic Product annual growth rate released on Friday showed two times the rate from the first quarter under Trump according to the US Bureau of Economic Analysis.
https://twitter.com/surfermom77/status/8...5826729984

“Real gross domestic product increased at an annual rate of 2.6 percent in the second quarter of 2017, according to the ‘advance’ estimate released by the Bureau of Economic Analysis. In the first quarter, real GDP increased 1.2 percent, (revised up from the original 0.7 percent growth),” the BEA reported.

Click on the title to read the full article.
Good Find Mystic Wanderer,,,,,,, YES!  smallgreenhurray   MAGA  smallawesome

Now if only they'd hire Americans instead of Protecting the Illegal Work Force In California,,,, those numbers would Triple for new hires.
The saddest part of this is that mainstream media probably can't, or won't cover this. I wish they would climb out of the back pockets of the handful of miscreants that own them and report the news as it happens. I think they used to... at some point... at least that's the way I remember the United States.
Here is a Link from Mystic Wanderer.
Quote:Elizabeth Warren Attacked Trump Last Night, What Trump Did Back Has Her CRYING On Floor

Link