Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
UK Researchers: Tax Food to Reduce Climate Change
Just To Stupid To be True.
It this the Vegetarians agenda or just More Educated people Being To Stupid To Breath!

Quote:A group of researchers in Oxford University, England have suggested that imposing a massive tax on carbon intensive foods – specifically protein rich foods like meat and dairy – could help combat climate change.

Pricing food according to its climate impacts could save half a million lives and one billion tonnes of greenhouse gas emissions

Taxing greenhouse gas emissions from food production could save more emissions than are currently generated by global aviation, and lead to half a million fewer deaths from chronic diseases, according to a new study published in Nature Climate Change.

The study, conducted by a team of researchers from the Oxford Martin Programme on the Future of Food at the University of Oxford and the International Food Policy Research Institute in Washington DC, is the first global analysis to estimate the impacts that levying emissions prices on food could have on greenhouse gas emissions and human health.
The findings show that about one billion tonnes of greenhouse gas emissions could be avoided in the year 2020 if emissions pricing of foods were to be implemented, more than the total current emissions from global aviation. However, the authors stress that due consideration would need to be given to ensuring such policies did not impact negatively on low income populations.

“Emissions pricing of foods would generate a much needed contribution of the food system to reducing the impacts of global climate change,” said Dr Marco Springmann of the Oxford Martin Programme on the Future of Food, who led the study. “We hope that’s something policymakers gathering this week at the Marrakech climate conference will take note of.”
Much of the emissions reduction would stem from higher prices and lower consumption of animal products, as their emissions are particularly high. The researchers found that beef would have to be 40% more expensive globally to pay for the climate damage caused by its production. The price of milk and other meats would need to increase by up to 20%, and the price of vegetable oils would also increase significantly. The researchers estimate that such price increases would result in around 10% lower consumption of food items that are high in emissions. “If you’d have to pay 40% more for your steak, you might choose to have it once a week instead of twice,” said Dr Springmann.

The results indicate that the emissions pricing of foods could, if appropriately designed, be a health-promoting climate-change mitigation policy in high-income, middle-income, and most low-income countries. Special policy attention would be needed in those low-income countries where a high fraction of the population is underweight, and possibly for low-income segments within countries.
 Source

Another article can be read here: Link
[Image: AdobeStock_89846777.jpg?w=710&h=399&fit=crop]
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
This is insane on a new dimension of insanity. 

The question of the day really is, what are they going to do with the money how is money going to "fix" the damage caused by their climate change? 

Are they planning on putting 60 million dollars a year at the base of the iceberg as an offering to the god of heat and ice in an attempt to appease him, thus preventing his wrath?

I mean come on now... this is too much like yesterday..
(11-21-2016, 02:05 AM)Grace Wrote: This is insane on a new dimension of insanity. 

The question of the day really is, what are they going to do with the money how is money going to "fix" the damage caused by their climate change? 

Are they planning on putting 60 million dollars a year at the base of the iceberg as an offering to the god of heat and ice in an attempt to appease him, thus preventing his wrath?

Correct, remember the cigarette tax? Suppose to pay for the treatment and cure of cancers.
This tax would disappear like that tax did, go to the Politicians special interest programs (their Pocket) and just disappear!
(11-21-2016, 02:09 AM)guohua Wrote:
(11-21-2016, 02:05 AM)Grace Wrote: This is insane on a new dimension of insanity. 

Correct, remember the cigarette tax? Suppose to pay for the treatment and cure of cancers.
This tax would disappear like that tax did, go to the Politicians special interest programs (their Pocket) and just disappear!

Totally agree with you!
Now then, you know damn well that any 'taxes' collected from meat/dairy will not do a damn thing for the climate, except line the wallets of the Elite.

Also, what irks my azz and I have gotten in many debates over this with close-minded vegans and GW fear mongerers, is many are not aware of the multiple uses of cow parts.

The cattle industry is not a billion dollar business just because of steaks, as many global alarmist want you to think.

Every part of the cow is used for every day products that people use, such as:

[Image: inedible_beef_by-products.png]

By-products that we cannot eat.....

Quote:You probably use at least one item containing inedible beef by-products every day.

For example, you probably know that the beef hide is used to make leather, but did you know that the hide also supplies felt and other textiles?

It provides a base for many ointments, binders for plaster and asphalt, and a base for the insulation material used to cool and heat your house. In addition, “camel hair” artists’ brushes are not really camel hair at all, but are made from the fine hair found in the ears and tails of beef cattle. Footballs, which used to be called “pigskins,” are also generally produced from cattle hide.

Industrial oils and lubricants, tallow for tanning, soaps, lipsticks, face and hand creams, some medicines, and ingredients for explosives are produced from the inedible fats from beef. Fatty acids are used in the production of chemicals, biodegradable detergents, pesticides, and flotation agents. One fatty acid is used to make automobile tires run cooler and, therefore last longer.

Bones, horns, and hooves also supply important by-products. These include buttons, bone china, piano keys, glues, fertilizer, and gelatin for photographic film, paper, wallpaper, sandpaper, combs, toothbrushes, and violin string.

[Image: medical_beef_by-products.png]

And we must not forget medicinal purposes......

Quote:More than 100 individual drugs performing such important and varied functions as helping to make childbirth safer, settling an upset stomach, preventing blood clots in the circulatory system, controlling anemia, relieving some symptoms of hay fever and asthma, and helping babies digest milk include beef by-products.

Insulin is perhaps the best-known pharmaceutical derived from cattle. There are 5 million diabetic people in the United States, and 1.25 million of them require insulin daily. It takes the pancreases from 26 cattle to provide enough insulin to keep one diabetic person alive for a year.

Through genetic engineering techniques and research developments, many of the drugs produced from cattle are now being chemically produced in a laboratory, often less expensively than recovery from animal organs.

Most of the material used for surgical sutures is derived from the intestines of meat animals.

[Image: f7fa24c403af40f2a32c2ed705057451.png]

Source

Just saying....... these GW people are either naive to the use of cattle or are purposely misleading the public in order to collect taxes from 'meat' (dairy) eaters.

I do not deny natural climate change.
Planet Earth always has & always will evolve and change, regardless.

I am however skeptical of them placing 100% blame on humans without taking into consideration other outside factors.
THAT is what I have an issue with.
And not being allowed to question GW goes against Science as a whole, and makes it that more suspicious sounding.

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

@"senona"  Great Reply.
If only people knew, let's face it though, They're Just Plain STUPID!
(11-21-2016, 05:55 AM)guohua Wrote: @"senona"  Great Reply.

Just like them wanting to put a stop to the oil industry.

First of all....the Rockefellers would never allow anything to interfere with their monies.

Second of all, here is a list of everyday oil by-products.
And much like cattle, it is not only used for automobiles as the GW alarmist want people to think....

[Image: 7d8f8f1041b740d690f9a0951032fb37.png]

Source

So I mean, do people really, really understand what all is involved when they say "stop oil production" 
I do not think so.

Everyday products use petroleum.

In other words......the cattle business as well as the oil industry, is a lot more complex than meets the eye.
It is not so simple as saying "ban the use of oil/cattle".

Some more links on petroleum by-products:

-->> Link 1

-->> Link 2

-->> Link 3

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

Think its time they fire the entire damn lot of useless fucking bastards and hire people that will actually do the damn job and teach instead of fuck up world more with stupid shit to line their pockets ........  

As to their tax ..... pffffffth fuck em they not getting a thing from me ..... can ..... and do grow my own food along with hunt and fish ......  I refuse to support fucking idiots and useless eaters .....
Better to reign in hell ....
  than serve in heaven .....

(11-21-2016, 06:45 AM)senona Wrote:
(11-21-2016, 05:55 AM)guohua Wrote: @"senona"  Great Reply.

Just like them wanting to put a stop to the oil industry.

First of all....the Rockefellers would never allow anything to interfere with their monies.

Second of all, here is a list of everyday oil by-products.
And much like cattle, it is not only used for automobiles as the GW alarmist want people to think....

[Image: 7d8f8f1041b740d690f9a0951032fb37.png]

Source

So I mean, do people really, really understand what all is involved when they say "stop oil production" 
I do not think so.

Everyday products use petroleum.

In other words......the cattle business as well as the oil industry, is a lot more complex than meets the eye.
It is not so simple as saying "ban the use of oil/cattle".

Some more links on petroleum by-products:

-->> Link 1

-->> Link 2

-->> Link 3

Heh ..... I dont use a damn thing on that list .......   oops ..... got sportscar ...... erm ..... *runs an hides* .......
Better to reign in hell ....
  than serve in heaven .....