Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Geomagnetic fields reveal the truth
(10-27-2022, 09:55 PM)EndtheMadnessNow Wrote: Speaking of memory... Our conscious experience of the world is but a memory, says new controversial theory.

I read the article, and ain't buying it. My reaction time, while slower than it used to be, is still a lot quicker than the half a second postulated that it takes to recognize danger and react to it, so, not run through memories to become consciousness.

The last sentence of it, for me, is what puts the lie to it:

Quote:testing the theory experimentally can “bring us closer to understanding the fundamental nature and anatomical basis of consciousness.”

Their mistake, which leads them to think consciousness is just a string of creatively connected memory, is the assumption that consciousness has an anatomical basis. If it doesn't, and I am as certain as I can be that it isn't, then they will never find the answers to their questions, as they are looking in the wrong place.

Does the brain, a physical organ, create consciousness, which is not a physical thing - you cant trap it in a jar - or is it just a conduit for it? Does a hose create water, or just transfer it? does a wire create electricity, ir just bring it into your house? Does a radio create music, or just receive it. process it, and expel it into physicality?

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Geomagnetic fields reveal the truth - by Ninurta - 10-29-2022, 05:07 AM