Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Shapers of the New Narrative
(10-24-2022, 12:41 AM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: Where you around when they had text based games like "Zork", before they had graphics?

If you want to call stick figures graphics.

It was those games, " The Well", and writing programs to fit the task, instead of changing the task to fit the program, those were the things 
that got me hooked on computers. 

I saw what was coming technology wise, I just never saw the mental and psychological impact that would come later down the road.

I do remember those text based games, and BBS door games, but never got that interested. Probably my first obsession was with  Sid Meier's "Civilization" back in 1992 that we used to play every night while onboard ship in the Navy. A year or so later it was "Doom" and years later when I saw the billion$ being invested into games by the Army & Navy I knew this was it, but like you I never imagined the psychological impact it would later have on the younger generation. When my son was 10-14 we had every game platform in the house, from Nintendo, Playstation, X-box, high-end desktop computers, we even hosted LAN parties. We had high-speed Internet (2Mbps up/downstream) to the house back in '99 (Wahoo!) so that really up'd the multi-player Internet gaming. That was back when my job was to play & test games. After I was transferred to a completely different job I grew out of the obsessive game mode and a few years later so did my son, thank God!
"The New World fell not to a sword but to a meme." – Daniel Quinn

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that." ― John Lennon

Rogue News says that the US is a reality show posing as an Empire.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Shapers of the New Narrative - by EndtheMadnessNow - 10-24-2022, 01:37 AM
RE: Shapers of the New Narrative - by Ninurta - 10-24-2022, 01:51 AM
RE: Shapers of the New Narrative - by Finspiracy - 10-24-2022, 05:20 AM