Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I Can't Stop Laughing. What Do You See?
(09-27-2022, 06:42 PM)Ninurta Wrote:
(09-26-2022, 10:30 PM)Snarl Wrote:
(09-26-2022, 09:47 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
(09-26-2022, 09:32 PM)Snarl Wrote:
(09-26-2022, 09:04 PM)Ninurta Wrote: I saw water sloshing back and forth in what appeared to be either an underground river or a river flowing through a canyon.

Looked like a pretty small area to me.  Just the downward perspective of the camera skews things. Look at the 'dirt' when the water's sloshing. To me it doesn't seem like there's much more than a 10 or 20 gallons of water sloshing around in there.

I see everything you posted. But that was after the several minutes.

I see initially with negative space being prominent. That distorts what is in the foreground.

I am used to that, but I couldn't stop laughing when my brain actually started moving stuff.

I know why it happened. If I cover my left eye, my right eye sees objects up close and big.

If I  cover my right eye, my left eye sees the same object as if it was further away, and much smaller.

It took so much longer for my brain to make sense out of it using stereo vision, it tried to process it using mono vision alternating between my left and right eye, giving the illusion that something was moving that wasn't.

Our bodies are are truly amazing.

Question from me is: What do you pick up visually faster than others will?

I had a corrective procedure done on my eyes called LASEK.  They peel back the epithelial layer of the eye (much like PRK less removal of the tissue) and reshape what's distorted. That procedure was 100% successful. One of the most amazing elements of it was the enhancement ... beyond the correction. Like ... I never knew there were so many shades of green in the leaves of a single tree. Then I come to find out women see this way in far greater abundance than men do. If memory serves, women see about 6 million more shades of color than most men.

We take for granted what we're able to perceive. We become accustomed to our own personal limitations.  Sometimes we don't know what we're better at ... or, that someone may naturally be more 'gifted' than ourselves.

Test, test. Test to see if posts can be made in already open pages, and if they show up on the home page when i do. This is only a test. We will get back to the regular programming as soon as possible.

Am able to add a Rating (just now ... earlier I couldn't). The format is still off a smidgen. I think I actually prefer it this way.

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Can't Stop Laughing. What Do You See? - by Snarl - 09-28-2022, 01:45 PM