Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dream Last Night. Hopefully NOT Prophetic!
(08-18-2022, 11:12 PM)Ninurta Wrote: Might be closer to the mark than it is comfortable to contemplate.

This year's crop has not gone to market yet. The price rises we are currently seeing pertain almost entirely to fuel prices to move stuff around and get it to the shelves. Production prices (farm fuel, fertilizers - which have gone up by 400% - feed price increases, etc.) have not yet factored themselves into the shelf prices.

It might get interesting.

We've laid up 16 pounds of dry beans and 20 pounds of rice, and overstocked on some other odds and ends. That'll keep us going for a bit until I can get into thee woods and start dragging deer carcasses out for the protein.

Same, over 20 lbs. of beans, over 30 of rice, canned meats and fish, some canned fruit, soups and veggies, plenty of seeds, ammo and fishing gear- along with life straws and chlorine bleach for water. This year was great practice for growing food and still have late summer veggies growing. Make sure to stock a few extra boxes of iodized salt, you don't know how much you need it until you don't have it!

Made eggplant parmesan from eggplants I grew myself last night. Kdog ate some but wasn't happy about it- he's definitely not a meatless dinner kind of guy! lol! 

Today I heard rumors again about a possible railroad strike and how a lot of the workers have back-up jobs already lined up. They say Congress will legally put a stop to it but I'm hearing a lot of the workers DGAF what Congress demands. Could start getting really sketchy, guess we'll see soon enough! 
"As an American it's your responsibility to have your own strategic duck stockpile. You can't expect the government to do it for you." - the dork I call one of my mom's other kids
[Image: Tiny-Ducks.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dream Last Night. Hopefully NOT Prophetic! - by GeauxHomeLittleD - 08-19-2022, 12:07 AM