Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
When Cancel Culture Hits Home
(07-29-2022, 01:40 AM)Ninurta Wrote: I think the secret to being uncancellable is to just not care what they think or do. If someone doesn't like what I say, well, they are entitled to their own opinions, same as I am. If they want to go toe to toe over it, I ain't hard to find. If they want to "cancel" me, fuck 'em. I don't care. I have to care what their opinion is before being "cancelled" will bother me, and their opinion just doesn't carry that much weight with me if all they're gonna do with it is try to eliminate someone else.

Same for employers. If one wants to fire me or not hire me to begin with over something I posted online (which has happened to me, by the way) then fuck them, too. I was already looking for a job when I ran into that one, so I can just keep looking, no harm, no foul. Why would I want to work for their uptight asses anyhow?

So, yeah, I think they can't "cancel" you unless you give a shit what they think to begin with.

My personal way of cancelling is to withhold my money and or withhold my services.

I truly believe you teach people how to treat you. I do not reward, disrespect, rudeness, or unwarranted aggression. I will not engage, with folk that are not worth my time or energy. Unless they are so unwise, as to prevent me from walking away.

Oh! And don't strike me or spit on me. Those are deadly actions that I do not have the ability to ignore. Somebody is going to jail or to hell, if any of those actions are sent my way.

Not trying to pretend to be a bad ass. I hate fighting, and will go out of my way to avoid it. There are just some things that are outside of my ability to control.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

Messages In This Thread
RE: When Cancel Culture Hits Home - by ChiefD - 07-28-2022, 08:59 PM
RE: When Cancel Culture Hits Home - by Ninurta - 07-29-2022, 01:40 AM
RE: When Cancel Culture Hits Home - by NightskyeB4Dawn - 07-29-2022, 01:57 AM