Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
When Cancel Culture Hits Home
The problem with cancel culture is that it has been weaponized, just like about everything else about the internet.

If I receive poor service, or have been mistreated by an employee of the establishment, I will report the incident to the owner. If the resolution is not satisfactory, I will indeed withdraw my customer support, and will not give them any more of my money. I will also inform all my family and friends of the incident, and warn them. It is totally up to them if they continue to patronize the company.

I am not the person that is out to get a person fired because they offended me. I believe in giving a person the benefit of the doubt, and I am big on trying to understand why the employee is being inappropriate. I am very cool, calm, and direct, but not agressive, and very much soft spoken, and dry in my aproach. It does not always work, and sometimes backfires. I am usually prepared for that moment when it all comes apart and goes South. Usually at that point, it becomes very clear, there is not going to be a satisfactorily outcome. So I usually attempt all attempts of trying to communicate with the person.

I will report a person that is a detriment to the business or to the customer.

No body will excuse me if they have a loved one injured or killed because I ignored the in appropriate behavior or the incompetence, of a co-worker.

Saying this, because some people do need to be reported, and they do need to lose their jobs. Of course someone on the internet may see that as a form of cancel culture. But the fear of cancel culture cannot be used as an excuse for people not being held responsible and held accountable, for their actions.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

Messages In This Thread
RE: When Cancel Culture Hits Home - by ChiefD - 07-28-2022, 08:59 PM
RE: When Cancel Culture Hits Home - by NightskyeB4Dawn - 07-28-2022, 10:00 PM
RE: When Cancel Culture Hits Home - by Ninurta - 07-29-2022, 01:40 AM