Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Steve Bannon found guilty of contempt of Congress
(07-26-2022, 05:05 PM)FlyingClayDisk Wrote: A couple things:

1. You're WAY off the "reservation" with your usage of the word 'Woke' in this context!

2. Secondly, I have exactly ZERO issue with trying (in a court of law), convicting and jailing law breakers, especially those who go to great lengths to avoid the law.  I don't give a shit what color armband they wear!  Even better if they are connected with the political machine in DC.  However, where I have a MAJOR issue is...the rules ain't the same for both sides.  Killary and about 50 others should be cooling their heels in the same gulag Bannon should be in...and they never even got tried, let alone convicted!  That is bullshit, with a capital "B"!  Furthermore, the 'witch hunt' going on by the left for the Trump tribe is so far out of control it is incomprehensible to me.  Until there is "balance" in this whole muck-raking thing, the left needs to put a sock in it!  (i.e. they need to get their 'breech' sealed with a nuclear powered RAM-ROD, IMNSHO!)

3. Thirdly, the people of the left have exactly ZERO room to talk when their leadership not just openly permit, but actively and publicly encourage, lynch mobs and terrorists to terrorize justices of the highest court in the land when they don't get their way, justices over the same justice system they demand vengeance from!  THAT, is hypocrisy of the highest order!  Period.

Until items #2 and #3 happen, the left needs to STFU!

Agreed, with the additional observation that it is ALREADY a felony both federally and in VA - I dunno about MD - to attempt to intimidate either a judge or a witness to get them to change their tune and forsake the law as it is written... yet so far, I've not seen a single soul out of the mob get prosecuted for it. One guy IS cooling his heels, but that is for attempted murder of Kavanaugh, not for intimidation or justice tampering.

I'm very disappointed in our new VA governor and AG because of that. The Feds I would expect it from, because their pets never get anything but bail money from them, but I expected more from the new VA administration.

Until justice is again applied evenly to all, there IS no justice. This is the most unjust I have ever seen American society get in all my decades on this planet. back in the day, they had a name for it when the Soviets targeted political enemies (while letting your own cronies and henchmen skate) like the US Democrats are doing now. We used to frown on that sort of behavior, but it seems to be standard American practice now.

How is it that January 6th protesters (those who survived the ordeal, anyhow, and didn't get shot in the neck by an overzealous chickenshit Capitol goon) are in a lockdown gulag incommunicado, as if they were shipped off to Gitmo, but these protesters, also attacking government officials and trying to intimidate them, have a get out of jail free card when they are clearly committing felonies? THERE is all the evidence you need that American Justice only swings one way.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Steve Bannon found guilty of contempt of Congress - by Ninurta - 07-26-2022, 07:41 PM