Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Promise
(06-28-2022, 05:42 PM)MalevolentTwitch Wrote:
(06-28-2022, 05:30 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: The John Matherson's novel series "One Second After" is another fairly realistic description of what to expect. With prepping, with education, and thousands of movies under our belts, we will still not be fully prepared when the SHTF.

'One Second After'

I was handed that book by a friend of mine about a decade ago. THAT was the book that started me down the prepper rabbit hole. I consider it required reading. I mean, just the absolute pain...

(Potential spoiler incoming)

...regarding the dogs? Holy fuck.

My Brother asked me to read it. I got it as an audio book from the library Cloud, and immediately went to "One Year After", then "The Final Day".

This series gave me so much to think about. It also was the series that made me realize that you can't put all your eggs in one basket, you can't depend on just what you have stored, and that I don't stand a snowball's chance in hell, without a strong network, and a strong like minded community beside me.

There were a lot of painfully real life tribulations in those books. Being a healthcare provider, you know what parts hurt me the most. My first exposure to triage, was during the time I was in the military. So I think I have a little more understanding of dire situations, that offer me the ability to make those hard decisions, but it is never, ever, easy.

I totally agree that they should be required reading. Not necessarily a 101 primer, but they will surely get you to thinking and will prepare your mind if nothing else.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

Messages In This Thread
The Promise - by MalevolentTwitch - 06-28-2022, 04:12 PM
RE: The Promise - by NightskyeB4Dawn - 06-28-2022, 05:30 PM
RE: The Promise - by MalevolentTwitch - 06-28-2022, 05:42 PM
RE: The Promise - by NightskyeB4Dawn - 06-28-2022, 06:01 PM
RE: The Promise - by NightskyeB4Dawn - 06-28-2022, 06:10 PM
RE: The Promise - by ABNARTY - 06-28-2022, 07:28 PM
RE: The Promise - by GeauxHomeLittleD - 06-28-2022, 08:07 PM
RE: The Promise - by NightskyeB4Dawn - 06-28-2022, 08:57 PM