Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
History Has Been Made InThe US This Week
(06-24-2022, 04:23 PM)hounddoghowlie Wrote: I agree, in fact i don't think you should have to have a license at all, but here I might face some disagreement. I do agree that nut jobs and people that have committed and convicted of violent crimes using firearms or any short of weapon shouldn't be able to carry or even own one, that's just common sense.

Could make for some interesting debate.  I know I don't want strangers on my property carrying firearms. In fact, if you come up on my property toting, you might be surprised to find holes appearing all over yourself before you hear any words at all. I don't think the President should have strangers roaming around the White House carrying firearms ... he and his family live there. But, other government buildings ... why not?

I don't think felons should be prohibited from carrying firearms.  In fact, I think that's complete bullshit. Felons probably have a greater need for self-defense than Regular Joe. If you think there's going to be a future problem with a felon ... keep their ass behind bars ... where they belong. Once they've paid what they owe, they're square with the house and should be allowed to resume their lives ... not running on some second-chance bullshit.  If they're getting a second chance ... let 'em take it in another country ... but, better to just keep 'em locked away from the rest of us.

Imagine this scenario: When anyone is scheduled to be released from prison, they are forced to purchase a firearm and required to carry it for a week before being discharged.  Think how quickly the prison culture would reform itself. -chuckle

The people with firearms who scare me the most are the ones who don't realize how dangerous they (the untrained) actually are.

Messages In This Thread
RE: History Has Been Made InThe US This Week - by Snarl - 06-24-2022, 08:04 PM