Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
That Feeling...That Moment
(06-21-2022, 05:31 AM)Michigan Swamp Buck Wrote: Yours was the inspiration to share that all too brief experience.

There is a similar mystical feeling or moment that I've had.  I've heard it referred to as "allness" or "oneness" and   that was larger, far more immense I guess you could say. A moment where you become intensely aware of the vastness of the universe and that you are part of it all. That feels really good, very joyful. Then there is the "disturbance in the force" feeling that is similar to allness, I've had that one too, about five years ago. That one came with the still small voice and made it very clear what it was.

I felt compelled to write this thread precisely because of your and @ChiefD 's response(s), among others. 

If you only remembered that moment in your mind, but weren't able to focus it into a succinct thought, where it was able to stand on its own, then it would drift around getting mixed with other thoughts.  In so doing, the importance of that single moment would be diluted, somehow minimized.  And now that you can capture it, you can analyze what it was about that moment which made it as special as it was.  You can break down the elements of the moment into the things you had control over and the things you did not.  Most surprisingly, and despite what it may seem, we all have/had far more control over those moments than our minds sometimes let us believe.  As a result, many people just archive things like this away in their 'long-term storage' like some once and happenstance moment, never to be brought back to the light.  Though, if we think about the elements we have/had control over, we still have control over these things.  And, while we would/should never want to try to re-create that exact same moment (an impossible task, not to mention an undesirable one), we do have the tools to set as many of the factors we do control in place, in the future, to better increase our odds of having similar moments again.

In my story, I couldn't control the rain, or the day, but I did have control over the decisions I made, and the timing, the spontaneity, and maybe the sense of adventure / curiosity despite it all.  Each day we all face similar decisions, some more or less extreme, but the one thing we never know, the one thing we can never know, is what the next moment will hold.  It is in this next moment, ever changing where these treasures lie...much the way I thought it would be a boring two hour and twenty eight-ish minute ride (yes, I'd driven it so many times I had it down to almost the minute).  And, when I turned the key that morning, and my bike came to life, I had no idea things would change forever...or that I'd be writing all this today, this story to all of you, all these years later.  And candidly, even the telling of the story, and the responses here, is somehow oddly connected as almost another chapter in that same wonderful moment.

Messages In This Thread
That Feeling...That Moment - by FlyingClayDisk - 06-20-2022, 04:32 PM
RE: That Feeling...That Moment - by ChiefD - 06-21-2022, 02:06 AM
RE: That Feeling...That Moment - by FlyingClayDisk - 06-21-2022, 06:20 AM
RE: That Feeling...That Moment - by OmegaLogos - 06-21-2022, 04:55 AM
RE: That Feeling...That Moment - by Brotherman - 06-21-2022, 07:32 AM
RE: That Feeling...That Moment - by Brotherman - 06-21-2022, 08:24 AM
RE: That Feeling...That Moment - by ChiefD - 06-21-2022, 09:38 PM