Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
This is how you take back your streets
(06-05-2022, 09:11 PM)kdog Wrote: I was over on Reddit and some people were bitching about cops in our town not doing anything. They all got mad because I said last year you all wanted to defund the police. These people apparently have short memories. 

minusculebonker

The defund the police nonsense was not a thing out here in the woods. But we are unincorporated and none of the deputies want to come out to these woods anyway.

Used to be a rare occurrence that they did come out,vand it was usually for illegal businesses like selling of animal products without all the legal restrictions put in place by the county.

Another issue is that a lot of the people that worked the area, lived in the area, so there was that. 

Crime has doubled in the area, but so has the population. I guess it makes sense.

You have a lot of city dwellers that move out to the country for space, to be close with nature, so they say, and the first thing the do is destroy the space, they want to kill any creature they don't think is cute and cuddly, and wants to remove anything that is natural.

They hate the country bumpkins. They hate the dirt roads. They constantly complain about how far everything is, so they try to replicate the place they left behind.

So I guess we would have an increase in criminal acts, since there is a lot of love lost, and no mutual respect among the various groups.

There was a time that no doors were locked. You told your neighbors when you were going to be away from the homestead for a while. They looked after the place for you and would borrow and return tools or equipment if needed.

Some of that still exists. I have keys to several of my neighbors houses, they have keys to mine. We try to be welcoming of the new folk, but most of them are not understanding of country folk. They don't know how to mind their business, protect their privacy, and still be an active member in a cohesive community. 

Police included.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

Messages In This Thread
RE: This is how you take back your streets - by NightskyeB4Dawn - 06-06-2022, 03:09 PM