Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
This is how you take back your streets
here's a cop that will help you protect you and yours, our county sheriff.

Quote:A plainspoken Florida sheriff has gone viral for encouraging homeowners to shoot intruders — and potentially save tax dollars in the process.

Santa Rosa Sheriff Bob Johnson made the remarks after an unidentified Sunshine Stater fired at a burglar with at least 17 arrests on his record last week.

he even said he'll teach you to shoot better,

Quote:He politely offered firearm lessons to the resident to improve their aim.

“You’re not in trouble,” he said. “Come see us. We have a gun safety class we put on every other Saturday. If you take that you’ll shoot a lot better and hopefully you’ll save taxpayers money.”

video of press conference where he said it in link at 13 sec mark.

Link: Florida sheriff urges homeowners to shoot intruders and ‘save taxpayers money’

full press conference,

Reelect Bob Johnson for Santa Rosa County FL. Sheriff In 2024, He's down for cappin home invading thugs and burglars, and will teach you how to do it.
[Image: TWBB.png]

(06-06-2022, 07:23 PM)Snarl Wrote:
Quote:[quote pid='86300' dateline='1654534921']

Imagine my surprise when I found about an acre of cops.

Geez - are you serious? That ... and coming outside with a rifle. I'm surprised you're not voting Democrat every election with the rest of the dead guys.

Yup, serious as a heart attack.

I got a feeling someone was outside, and walked back to the bedroom and turned off the light in there so I could see out without anyone seeing in, and sure enough I saw a silhouette crouching around the corner watching my basement door. looked like an ambush in the making to me - which I reckon, in an honest analysis it was - so I snatched up my rifle and headed for the balcony door, where I could get right above them so I would be situated to shoot down on them while they'd have to shoot up at me. Grace asked me where I was going, and I told her I was heading out to shoot a sumbitch, which must have got her curiosity going.

Most critters, people included, never look up. That's why tree stands work for deer hunting. Just my luck one of those cops was a good ol' boy, probably a squirrel hunter in his off time, and he looked up, saw me, and started hollering "gun, gun, gun!" That's when I noticed all the badges, so I hollered back for them to hold their damned horses and ducked back in the door. I laid the rifle down on the sofa right around the door frame when I could retrieve it from if I felt a need, and went back out with my hands up enough for them to see they were empty and said "I reckon we must have something to discuss. I ain't used to unannounced visitors in the night time".

Some of those fellas were still riding their adrenaline rush, and had their guns pointed at me even after they could see I was unarmed at the moment, and that's about when Grace made it to the door. so she comes charging out while we're discussing matters and getting them ironed out, and starts screaming at the cops, something about "this is our goddamned house!" which, really, didn't do much to dissipate the tension. Something about angry screaming women tends to grate on a fellas nerves, and those fellas had their guns on me, so they were the last folks I wanted to make nervous, y'know?

So I told her to get back in the house while we sorted this thing out, but you know how women are - can't tell 'em a damned thing. She just stayed out there pacin' and hollerin' and making things more complicated and nerve-wracking than they needed to be, and insuring that if it went south, I'd be unable to defend myself or even hit the deck fast enough to avoid a bullet.

Once the incident commander figured out why she was upset - and it wasn't hard to figure out, because part of what she was screaming was "they're pointing GUNS at you!" - he had the rest stand down enough that we could talk it through. Turned out they were at the wrong house, and had intended to surround my cousin's house next door, and through some bad directions, it being dark, and a trick of the landscape had surrounded the wrong house.

Meanwhile, during the commotion, my cousin and his son had come out onto THEIR porch to watch the show. Something about a screaming woman had got their attention, I suppose. Once the incident commander got it figured out, a couple deputies walked over and arrested him before he could get back inside, and without incident, and it was all over but the apologies.

To this day, Grace still thinks it's her responsibility to keep folks from shooting me by wracking up their nervous tension when they have guns pointed at me. Can't teach some folks nothin'!

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(06-06-2022, 08:21 PM)Snarl Wrote: One thing about clinging to guns I didn't expect: I'm so deeply invested in mine that I'm unwilling to even negotiate at this point.  None of mine are safe queens ... so they don't have any staggering value ... except to me. And, while I still love to shoot and reload, I think I'd rather go out with my bow more than the guns.  Whole lot easier to get setup and cleaner when you're all finished.

Yeah, negotiating is not an option any more, because every time we do, WE lose something and THEY never give anything up at all, so it's pretty one-sided, and death by a thousand cuts.

One man can eat an entire elephant is he does it one bite at a time and has enough time to finish it.

So no more "compromise" - it never ends well for us or the Constitution.

Regarding the bow - it's quieter, too, and you can have several down before any know they are under fire, waiting to hear the loud noise to tell them it's on!

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(06-06-2022, 08:25 PM)Finspiracy Wrote: Fuck you, and fuck your streets.

Your online macho bullshit makes exactly zero difference.

Yeah.

Nice.

I'll consider myself fucked then.

You have a nice day now, and run along! The adults are trying to talk here...

(06-06-2022, 08:32 PM)EndtheMadnessNow Wrote: So, this is really what they’ve decided to go with, huh. I guess swamp gas has interfered with a weather balloon.

[Image: U7YczCS.jpg]

WSJ | Alt link

I guess the school was built like a magical Faraday cage that allows cellphone signals but not radio.

Some buildings do act as Faraday cages, particularly commercial structures with steel studs, but as you observe here, if they block radio, they should block cell signals, too, so the excuse sounds a bit off to me.

(06-07-2022, 05:34 PM)Ninurta Wrote:
(06-06-2022, 08:32 PM)EndtheMadnessNow Wrote: So, this is really what they’ve decided to go with, huh. I guess swamp gas has interfered with a weather balloon.

[Image: U7YczCS.jpg]

WSJ | Alt link

I guess the school was built like a magical Faraday cage that allows cellphone signals but not radio.

Some buildings do act as Faraday cages, particularly commercial structures with steel studs, but as you observe here, if they block radio, they should block cell signals, too, so the excuse sounds a bit off to me.

I don't know how that works.

I know that my phone receives calls and allows me to make calls, off and on.

My office is right next door to a hospital, so at first I thought it might have something to do with some of the equipment being intermittently used in the hospital, because my office sits between the imaging department and the ER. But my phone works just fine when if I go outside.

Something is causing the interference, I just don't know what it is. It is not just my phone. It is the same way with the anyone's phone. I am not sure how badly it affects the police communication devices. I can't understand a word that comes across those things, inside or outside.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

(06-07-2022, 05:45 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
(06-07-2022, 05:34 PM)Ninurta Wrote: Some buildings do act as Faraday cages, particularly commercial structures with steel studs, but as you observe here, if they block radio, they should block cell signals, too, so the excuse sounds a bit off to me.

I don't know how that works.

I know that my phone receives calls and allows me to make calls, off and on.

My office is right next door to a hospital, so at first I thought it might have something to do with some of the equipment being intermittently used in the hospital, because my office sits between the imaging department and the ER. But my phone works just fine when if I go outside.

Something is causing the interference, I just don't know what it is. It is not just my phone. It is the same way with the anyone's phone. I am not sure how badly it affects the police communication devices. I can't understand a word that comes across those things, inside or outside.

A Faraday Cage is a metal or metal mesh construction that blocks radio signals getting to anything inside it. Some construction uses steel i-beams for support, and even sheet metal studs for interior walls. That metal can act as a Faraday Cage to block radio signals. It's my understanding that it can be "tuned" to block certain frequencies and not others by adjusting the mesh spacing - certain wavelengths can be blocked by making the spacing shorter than the length of the radio wave, and that wave length is affected by the frequency being transmitted or received.

Proximity to a window may allow reception at some times, and getting away from it may block reception because the signals then have to travel through the interior walls that may have sheet metal studs blocking it.

Around here, a lot of houses have sheet metal roofs, including mine. That blocks satellite signals, so GPS will not work inside my house. Because of that, when I set up my "network extender" to get a cell signal inside the house, I had to run the wire for the GPS antenna it has to have through a window, across the balcony, and attach the GPS antenna to the roof of the house above the balcony so that it could "see" the sky where the satellites are. The upside to that is that my sheet metal roof acts like a big reflector, and reflects more signal to the antenna, making it stronger.

Some radio signals are line-of-sight, like satellite signals, FM radio, and microwaves (like cell signals), and others bounce around more and are easier to pick up, like AM radio.

(06-07-2022, 05:12 PM)Ninurta Wrote: I got a feeling someone was outside
Nin,
Anyone ever told you you'd make a great fireside counselor at Summer Camp?
minusculebeercheers
Well I reckon I might have miscalculated. Looks like they DO wanna create several million instant felons. This bill has been introduced to the house; https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-cong...xt?r=1&s=1

So be it. There are several million heretofore law-abiding gun owners that are ready whenever they are. It'd be a real shame to turn that many former citizens into desperados all at once.

They'd best think it through and make damned sure this is what they really want. Those "Unintended Consequences" can be a grade A bitch, and emotions are already ramped up enough nationwide that I think that any such dumbass move will be entirely irrevocable.

Not until a crap ton of pissed off citizens get done revoking the living shit out of it. Once that ball gets started rolling, it ain't gonna stop until those pissed off folks are happy again... so it would behoove the communists to rethink their strategy.

Note: there are an estimated 20 million AR-15 owners in the U.S. This legislation, among other dumbassed things, will suddenly make your AR TWO firearms - and if they ain't BOTH serialed, that's gonna cause trouble that you'll have to shoot your way out of, or die trying.

I could find no grandfather provision in it.

Do they really believe themselves to be ready for an internal war with 20 million people armed with those Evil Black Rifles? We already fought that war once, from 1776 to 1783, That was sparked by the British trying to seize colonists arms in Boston and Williamsburg, VA. Those attempted seizures and the resulting war are the very reasons the Second Amendment were felt necessary for inclusion in the Bill of Rights, Looks like we might be due to fight it all over again.

(06-08-2022, 08:23 AM)Ninurta Wrote: Well I reckon I might have miscalculated. Looks like they DO wanna create several million instant felons. This bill has been introduced to the house; https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-cong...xt?r=1&s=1

So be it. There are several million heretofore law-abiding gun owners that are ready whenever they are. It'd be a real shame to turn that many former citizens into desperados all at once.

They'd best think it through and make damned sure this is what they really want. Those "Unintended Consequences" can be a grade A bitch, and emotions are already ramped up enough nationwide that I think that any such dumbass move will be entirely irrevocable.

Not until a crap ton of pissed off citizens get done revoking the living shit out of it. Once that ball gets started rolling, it ain't gonna stop until those pissed off folks are happy again... so it would behoove the communists to rethink their strategy.

Note: there are an estimated 20 million AR-15 owners in the U.S. This legislation, among other dumbassed things, will suddenly make your AR TWO firearms - and if they ain't BOTH serialed, that's gonna cause trouble that you'll have to shoot your way out of, or die trying.

I could find no grandfather provision in it.

Do they really believe themselves to be ready for an internal war with 20 million people armed with those Evil Black Rifles? We already fought that war once, from 1776 to 1783, That was sparked by the British trying to seize colonists arms in Boston and Williamsburg, VA. Those attempted seizures and the resulting war are the very reasons the Second Amendment were felt necessary for inclusion in the Bill of Rights, Looks like we might be due to fight it all over again.

When the snatch and grab campaign hits I hope they are prepared for very brutal self defense tactics that work against what they consider their elite swat training. I won't go into detail here but I can be a real asshole with a circular saw and some well placed holes in the floors in my house in some rather key locations I would imagine any jovial entry team would absolutely love to contend with.
(06-08-2022, 08:37 AM)Brotherman Wrote: When the snatch and grab campaign hits I hope they are prepared for very brutal self defense tactics that work against what they consider their elite swat training. I won't go into detail here but I can be a real asshole with a circular saw and some well placed holes in the floors in my house in some rather key locations I would imagine any jovial entry team would absolutely love to contend with.

Folks need to start organizing their communities now, so that they are able to concentrate more force on the target points than their opponents can when the snatch-n-grabs come. Concentration of force to overwhelm the opposition is the key (that's how THEY do it, anyhow), and organization of the community and comms are the key to that.

Lookit what they've done to me - who the hell would have ever thought I'D be in favor of "community organization"?

I wonder if the Ukraine is gonna send US any help?

(06-08-2022, 08:52 AM)Ninurta Wrote:
(06-08-2022, 08:37 AM)Brotherman Wrote: When the snatch and grab campaign hits I hope they are prepared for very brutal self defense tactics that work against what they consider their elite swat training. I won't go into detail here but I can be a real asshole with a circular saw and some well placed holes in the floors in my house in some rather key locations I would imagine any jovial entry team would absolutely love to contend with.

Folks need to start organizing their communities now, so that they are able to concentrate more force on the target points than their opponents can when the snatch-n-grabs come. Concentration of force to overwhelm the opposition is the key (that's how THEY do it, anyhow), and organization of the community and comms are the key to that.

Lookit what they've done to me - who the hell would have ever thought I'D be in favor of "community organization"?

I wonder if the Ukraine is gonna send US any help?

IMO the problem is, is that them mother fuckers have absolute air superiorty and all the cyber intel resources anyone could ever need x100. To combat that, the fight goes down where they cant see and cant plan for on the insides.
(06-08-2022, 09:01 AM)Brotherman Wrote:
(06-08-2022, 08:52 AM)Ninurta Wrote:
(06-08-2022, 08:37 AM)Brotherman Wrote: When the snatch and grab campaign hits I hope they are prepared for very brutal self defense tactics that work against what they consider their elite swat training.

Concentration of force to overwhelm the opposition is the key (that's how THEY do it, anyhow)

To combat that, the fight goes down where they cant see and cant plan for on the insides.

I agree. Need to make them pay to take and hold ground. Make anything they want to take less appealing than they desire.

Starts by shooting down the long-distance electrical lines.  Hook a decent sized span to your trailer hitch and haul it off into the woods a half mile.  Shoot any mother-effer who comes along to survey. If this happens in enough places ... in short order ... there'll be a secondary effect of a small nuclear crisis to tackle ... that could escalate quickly into a major nuclear disaster. Guaranteed if there's anyone waiting to knock over those power plants when the reinforcements come a-runnin'.

The government has what ... maybe ... 3 million guys they can call-up? There's a 100+ million gun owners. I don't care if they come with tanks and planes, they don't have the ability to kill us all.  Laughably ... the last time I looked ... there wasn't a one-to-one ratio of bullets to Chinese soldier.  That might be fixed now, but they don't have the kinetic weaponry to stop 100 million angry-assed Americans.

And ... if they do decide to 'push it' ... the gun owners may find their ranks swelling by people who won't sit the fence anymore.  What Brandon has done to the economy ... and the way he's robbing people at the gas pumps ... people are getting pissed.
(06-08-2022, 05:33 PM)Snarl Wrote: I agree. Need to make them pay to take and hold ground. Make anything they want to take less appealing than they desire.

Starts by shooting down the long-distance electrical lines.  Hook a decent sized span to your trailer hitch and haul it off into the woods a half mile.  Shoot any mother-effer who comes along to survey. If this happens in enough places ... in short order ... there'll be a secondary effect of a small nuclear crisis to tackle ... that could escalate quickly into a major nuclear disaster. Guaranteed if there's anyone waiting to knock over those power plants when the reinforcements come a-runnin'.

The government has what ... maybe ... 3 million guys they can call-up? There's a 100+ million gun owners. I don't care if they come with tanks and planes, they don't have the ability to kill us all.  Laughably ... the last time I looked ... there wasn't a one-to-one ratio of bullets to Chinese soldier.  That might be fixed now, but they don't have the kinetic weaponry to stop 100 million angry-assed Americans.

And ... if they do decide to 'push it' ... the gun owners may find their ranks swelling by people who won't sit the fence anymore.  What Brandon has done to the economy ... and the way he's robbing people at the gas pumps ... people are getting pissed.

Keep in mind that the BidenHarris regime had it's ass handed to it by around 15000 illiterate goat-herders in Afghanistan, and they used all that armor and air power there, too. It was kind of like Vietnam in a way - the soldiers won their battles, and the politicians lost the whole damned war. Wars are won by troops on the ground, and lost by hollow-headed politicians in offices thousands of miles away.

One of the keys to winning any such conflict is making it too politically expensive for the opposition to continue pursuing. Bullets, AR's, tanks and planes mean nothing if you break the opponent's will to effectively use them. Everyone knows how the BidenHarris regime worries over their image on "the world stage", so that would be the proper weak point to assault, I think. How's it gonna look to the rest of the world with BidenHarris bombing the living shit out of it's own citizens in large numbers? That right there shows that the regime in power - and this holds true for any country, anywhere - has lost the confidence and good-will of it's own people badly enough to have to attack them.

That plays great on the nightly news, world wide. It;s hard to maintain the fiction that it's just a little bunch of "extremists" when half or more of the entire population is being troublesome... that tends to make folks really wonder whether it's the People who are the problem, or their government that is the problem.

Folks may disagree with their Gramps or Uncle Hugh, but do they really want the government solving that disagreement by bombing the shit out of their own relatives? Some few may, but I bet the majority would be saying "the fuck did you just do to my grandpa and grandma?"

Another facet you touched upon is "taking and holding ground". That is what conventional adversaries have to do to win, but the exact opposite of what guerrilla adversaries have to do to win. Guerrillas make it cost dearly to take and hold a patch of ground, then they just melt away to go to an uncontested patch of ground and regroup. That reduces the value of the ground taken (no one left there to lord it over), and forces the conventional forces to have to take yet another patch of ground at a dear cost, thinning out their ranks at any one place until they are utterly pulled apart and way too thin on the ground they are trying to hold. Wash, rinse, repeat.

In order for the conventional forces to win, they must entirely eradicate the guerrillas, and "genocide" is recognized in most places to be a bad, bad, thing - especially when it is on the nightly news in folks living rooms, night after night after night. In order for the guerrillas to win, all they have to do is survive long enough for world opinion to eat the conventional forces.

Battles are won and lost on the ground, but wars are won and lost in the heart and mind.

What any aspiring guerillas would have to learn is the concept of not holding ground. That's tough when they have a mortgage on that ground. Luckily, the WEF, Vanguard, Blackrock, etc. are slowly but surely fixing that problem in their greed to own everyone else's shit. Once you have taken everything a man has, what does he have left to lose?

They are busy sewing the seeds of their own destruction, and they are doing it on stolen land with stolen moveable property.

That ain't very "sustainable" when the peasants get hungry enough.

It's how the first American Revolution was won - the British won most of the major engagements, but the Continentals dragged them through enough of those engagements, with a promise of no end in sight, until the British finally threw in the towel and decided that the colonies were no longer worth fighting over.