Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
They Have Taken Control Of The Children
Gosh that is disheartening.
I've been beginning to wonder where the internet people are going. Like it or not, there is a matrix forming and the amount of people plugged into it just keeps growing. The children used to be exempt, I remember when people said to their children, "no cell phone for you until you're 16!" That was in the early 2000s... I was nervous when I saw one of my young family members (very young) several years ago playing on his i-pad while we were making a family dinner. I just thought he was too young to be consuming all of that. Maybe he was being responsible and playing an innocent video game, maybe not. It just looked weird to me to see this kid gazing into that screen for hours. When I was his age we'd play with toy cars and kites. We made things, invented games to play outside creative stuff with chalk on the driveway. We had a blast, man.
Now they just plug on into the machine and digest, digest, digest. I hate seeing it happen to the youth. And not just the gender stuff. Everything. The kids are growing up developing a lack of social skills, that inane internet-speak, the ice cold disconnection from each other (connected online is NOT the same as connected person-to-person), just staring at their phones instead of being creative, playing outside, spending quality time with family, savoring that damn ice cream cone without having to take a picture of the forsaken thing!

It's really upsetting to watch the world turn into this... and I am grateful I got to grow up before the digital days.

Messages In This Thread
RE: They Have Taken Control Of The Children - by Servovenford - 05-14-2022, 09:32 PM