Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tornados From A Bird's Eye View
(05-01-2022, 10:35 PM)OmegaLogos Wrote: Explanation: Storms and tornados etc fascinate me!

I am reminded, of two vids, by @NightskyeB4Dawn 's comment about praying the storm away!

Most of the first videos were from drones and from building cameras. Looking at that first storm, I don't think a plane or satellite would have been able to see through that giant black blob, that looked almost like a massive control center or a mother-ship. That was one of the weirdest tornadoes I have ever seen.

I love a good old fashion thunderstorm. But all storms humble me. I have been through more than my share of hurricanes, and only three tornadoes, thank God. I can tell you that if I ever go during a storm. It will be with speaking to God the whole way.

When I went through Wilma, it was just my Mother, myself, my Rhodesian Ridgeback, Caleb, my Yellow Lab Charlie, and my dog cat Lazarus. Night time hurricanes, are much scarier, and Wilma was a doozy. As I laid in that bed with my Mother praying, it sounded like the entire house was being ripped apart. We prayed through the whole thing. The front was bad, but the back side sounded like we had been dropped into hell.

I was more afraid of going outside when the sun came up, because I just knew that both porches were gone and God only knew what else. When I opened the door to the front of my house, I was stunned. My porch was still attached, in fact it looked like it had never been touched, and I would have bet a million dollars that I heard it ripped off during the storm. So I ran to the back door, and remembered I had no exit in the back because the french doors were shuttered closed.

When I walked out into the yard, it looked like a scene from the Twilight Zone. Almost all the trees were down, all around the house. It was almost supernatural. The trees went down all around the house in a complete circle. Not one touched the house. They looked like felled dominoes. Everyone that came to help out, said it looked like a giant hand had been placed over my house and protected it from all the damage that had gone on all around me.

On the south side of my house, you could see the path the tornado took, right between my house and the house of my neighbor. Both of our houses were spared. The tornado kept across the road, through the empty lot across the street, across the back porch of another neighbor, taking the porch but sparing his house, and hit the house across the road from him, completely wiping out that neighbor's house. That neighbor, that was the only one that evacuated the area. His house was completely gone.

Like I said, the whole thing seemed supernatural. I will never forget it. And a prayer is never far from my lips.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tornados From A Bird's Eye View - by Minstrel - 05-01-2022, 02:06 PM
RE: Tornados From A Bird's Eye View - by NightskyeB4Dawn - 05-01-2022, 11:14 PM