Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 5 Average
If You Seek a Beautiful Peninsula...
(04-21-2022, 04:34 AM)Michigan Swamp Buck Wrote: Just when you think the resources of our great state were tapped out by the robber barons, they find something else to exploit. They mined salt, copper, iron, sand, gravel, cut timber, pumped water, fished, hunted and destroyed natural habitats by conversion to agriculture. ETA: Forgot to mention that the state burned over twice after the massive logging in the 1800s and shipping commerce has caused a freshwater invasive species problem.

The whole damn state would be an empty desert if there wasn't some conservation efforts.

Check out this story -

Big Prairie Desert Story

Thanks for your reply, actually I was looking forward to it as IIRC you live near a wetland.
"I must not fear.  Fear is the mind-killer.  Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. 
I will face my fear.  I will permit it to pass over me and through me.  And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see its path.  Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain." Frank Herbert, Dune

Messages In This Thread
RE: If You Seek a Beautiful Peninsula... - by DontTreadOnMe - 04-21-2022, 03:29 PM