Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
Tech company will implant payment chip into your hand
(04-14-2022, 07:35 AM)ancientlight Wrote: I feel like a domesticated pet basically. There is no way I will be able to survive off-grid and hunt/gather food etc. 
That would just not happen. My biggest concerns would be how to watch baby videos then of my son , and how to stay safe and keep my loved ones safe.  To me at that point life would not be worth it anymore , basically I'd exist just to try to survive or keep my loved ones safe from harm. 
I regret having my son at this point for the current world situation reasons. 
I see no future for any of us.

My son is grown, and so on his own. I did my best to prepare him for hard living if it comes, but ultimately it's up to him. I have grand kids, and it's time to start preparing them, too, which he is doing.

The hardest part is not the hunting, it's not the gathering, it's not the killing or cooking or constantly staying on the move. the hardest part is purely psychological, overcoming the psychology of the situation when every fiber in you screams it's time to quit, to give up, to just give in and go with the flow, ride the stream that leads to your ultimate destruction.

The hardest part is the will to survive, against all odds, the will to live and thrive in adverse situations. One has to have, or develop, that will, or else survival really ISN'T possible, no matter what else you know that would allow you to make it. That applies to ALL situations, not just living off the grid. Anything you do, at any time, in any situation, is a fight for your very life. You have to have the will to overcome, or it's over, even in a gilded cage.

Some times, the only thing you can do is put one foot in front of the other and just keep stepping until you come out the other side. Even when you can't see the path, you just keep stepping.

When you stop stepping, you're done for. It ends. The entire world, and everything in it - every rock, every tree, every flower, every child, ends... for you. Nothing exists for you, and never will thereafter. Your kids, all gone... for you. So, to keep moving is not just a fight for YOUR life, it's a fight that determines the fate of the entire world.

I did it for the children and their future when my son was small, and I will keep on doing it for the children, and for their future, now that he is grown but the grand kids are small. I WILL "just keep stepping" until I can no longer move and the grave takes me.

There is no other viable option.

P.S. - regarding the baby videos - those can be watched on a cell phone or a tablet, and via the miracle of modern technology, there are lightweight solar panels available those days to charge such devices with, off the grid, and pretty damned large capacity microSD cards that will fit into a cell phone or tablet for mega-storage. it all boils down to a matter of will, the "want to" to survive on your own terms, as opposed to simply allowing someone else to lead you to doom.

I have even seen those solar panels that can be strapped to the top of a backpack, to charge your devices on the go, letting the sun do the work while you are still moving, putting one foot in front of the other, and they cost about 25 bucks - a small price to pay, in my way of thinking, for freedom.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tech company will implant payment chip into your hand - by Ninurta - 04-14-2022, 08:50 AM