Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
Tech company will implant payment chip into your hand
Some thoughts.

back in the 1980's, Dean Ing wrote a trilogy some call "The Quantrill Trilogy". "Systemic Shock" was the first in the series, followed by "Single Combat" and then "Wild Country". The basic premise was the aftermath of a nuclear war (the going scare thing in those days) in which the Mormon Church seized to opportunity to rule the US. They had black ops guys, and a load of "futuristic" gadgetry. Things like drones patrolling the borders - starting to sound familiar? One of the gadgets was a gizzy implanted into the mastoid bone (bit of bone projecting downward just behind your ear) appropriately called a "mastoid implant". These mastoid implants were wondrous devices allowing communication anywhere, any time, between the control spooks and the black ops operators. They also served as tracking devices. They were a bit like an implanted cell phone, I reckon.

So Quantrill decides to go rogue - really, he just wanted to quit - but there was a catch... the mastoid implant. The Bosses could track him anywhere, any time, and constantly harass him via the voices in his head, coming out of that mastoid implant. So he decided to get rid of the implant. Here's where we run into yet another catch - the implants had a small explosive charge to prevent their removal, which could be triggered remotely at any time, and kill off any agents going rogue. Quantrill finally got his taken out (I believe it involved a Faraday cage so no signal could reach the implant during removal), but his partner was not so lucky - her head got blown clean off by the implant when the charge was detonated.

The moral of the story is that the best way to remove any of these implants is to not let them be implanted in the first place. They might kill me, they might even eat me, but they ain't gonna implant me.

--------------

Cryptocurrency is a trap. Don't step into it just because there is bait there. There is no significant advantage to it since, as we all saw during the Canadian Freedom Convoy, all the government has to do to cut it off is to freeze your bank accounts where it gets cashed out into actual money.

If they can control your 1's a 0's. they can control any "currency" you attempt to convert into those digits.  Nothing has any intrinsic "value" built into it. Nothing. Not even the much vaunted gold. Exchange mediums have only the value that whomever you are trading with assigns to that medium. Let's take gold as an example - after a collapse, anyone attempting to trade me gold for actual food would get run off my patch at gunpoint in a hell of a hurry - of what practical use is gold in such a scenario? You can't eat it, and it's too soft to make tools out of, so what use is it, really? It would have no value assigned by me to it, and therefore there is no way in hell I would trade actual commodities that had actual value to someone for a commodity that had no value to me. So forget gold. With that in mind, how much less would cryptocurrency be worth when the lights go out and the computers that store it went silent? It would not only have no value at all, it would simply cease to exist - much like all other money that is actually just binary digits on a bank's computer.

banks don't actually keep very much hard currency on hand - most of the money you "have in the bank" is backed up by nothing more than numbers on a computerized ledger. It's nothing more than binary digits held in an electronic stasis - so long as the lights don't go out. I once went to bank of America to cash a measly 12,000 dollar check that was drawn on... Bank of America. Their own damned check. Every branch I went to had the same sad story - "we don't have that much cash on hand. Wouldn't you rather open an account and just deposit the check?" No, goddammit, I WOULDN'T rather open an account - if I was gonna do that, I wouldn't be saying "cash this check, please"! "But sir, that's a sizeable amount of money to be walking around with - it might be dangerous" Well now, that is MY lookout, not yours, right? So just gimme the fuckin' cash!

I had to go to several branches, and call several more, before I found one that could cash that check. Keeping my money in a bank has just not had the same allure since then. They are an illusion - your money ain't really there the day after you deposit it.

Money has no intrinsic value, cryptocurrency has even less. The only things that have value in a post-SHTF scenario are things like food and ammunition... and luxury items folks can no longer get at a store, like tobacco, cannabis, liquor and other intoxicants, things like that. Money? Bring a wheelbarrow full and see how fast I send you packing. Same for gold. Much worse for crypto, that vanishes when the lights go out. If you wanna trade, bring something I value enough to trade for. The chip in your hand (which is no longer connected to any account 'cause the lights went out) ain't gonna be nearly enough.

---------------

I still scoff at debit cards and cashless transactions, and that includes those stupid chipped cards. That chip in your card ain't no kind of security like they tried to sell you on the idea. Why would I want The Monitors that Be to track my every transaction, much less make it easy for them to do so? The only thing a debit card is good for is pulling cash off an ATM to then go purchase your shit with. One stop, much cash, and they have no idea what you are buying with it - just as God intended.

I always pulled my cash off my debit card as soon as I could after it was deposited. It wasn't anything for me to be walking around with 5 or 6 thousand dollars in my pocket at any one time, and no one ever bothered me. Part of that was because I looked like someone not worth the bother, just another broke-assed hillbilly, and another part was that I looked like if anyone DID bother me, I'd bother the living shit out of them right back.

---------------

Just like the chips in debit cards, they have no intention of giving you a choice in getting your hand chipped. You won't be able to access your money without it, just like you can't get a debit card without a chip in it now. If you're going to use their money system, you're going to do it by their rules.

So minimize your contact with their money system. Learn to barter, learn to trade, and get off their grid, out of their hamster wheel. That is the ONLY way you will be able to avoid what's coming, and still be able to eat.

----------------

P.S. - If you are ever using ammo as money at a post-apocalyptic swap-meet cum flea market, ALWAYS strip the rounds out of a spare magazine, NEVER take the mag out of your live weapon for that purpose. There might just be someone hanging around and just waiting on that few seconds of disarmament to lower the boom on you.

I am not a trusting soul.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tech company will implant payment chip into your hand - by Ninurta - 04-14-2022, 06:23 AM