Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Is anyone else's weather just SUCK recently?
(04-07-2022, 05:02 PM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote: Sick and tired of moving my planters in and out! Shorts and short sleeves one day, sweat pants and jacket the next. Snow showers expected tomorrow and Saturday, highs near 80 all next week- but probably cold again by next weekend per our current pattern. 

Wind has been nutty here in northern Kentucky as well. Have to be on guard for flying branches and such on my daily walk.

Go home Mother Nature- you're drunk! 

Same here, but we are about twice as far above sea level as y'all are. I think you're at around 950' - 1000', and we are at about 2240'. So I just take my plants out for some sun when it gets above 50 degrees F, and plan on bringing them back in around 7 pm. It's just naturally a little cooler up here, and because of the steep mountain ridges on both sides of us, we only get a few hours of sunlight centered on about noon.

Those same ridges break a lot of the wind - it flies over our heads. Gets windy as hell up on the ridge tops, but not so much down here in the hollers. It does get gusty enough to blow my itty bitty greenhouse container apart every now and then, so I started taping it to keep the wind from flattening my cute little weeds.

Grace allowed as how I could plant it all outdoors so it can get the full compliment of sun, but that can't be. She's used to lower elevations, and up here the last frost is towards the end of April, occasionally into the middle of May. Traditionally, kids start going barefoot around here around the first of May, and not before.

This time of year, anything goes. We've had temperatures in the 70's. but a sudden cold snap is starting right about now, and continuing through the weekend, and there is a promise of a wee bit of snow to come with it. We'll see. barometric pressure dropped so suddenly around 8 pm this evening that my ears popped like when you're climbing a steep mountain pretty fast.

So, yeah, there is likely to be some falling weather coming, and something of a cold snap. It's par for the course this time of year here.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is anyone else's weather just SUCK recently? - by Ninurta - 04-08-2022, 06:36 AM