Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
American Healthcare In Crisis
I am putting this in the "Man Made Disasters" discussion forum, because we are headed towards a huge disaster that is completely man-made.

Mrs. G placed a meme in "It's Just The Truth" discussion forum that motivated me to make this thread, because even if no one talks about it, it is coming, and it is already impacting every single one of us.

Forbes.com, wrote and article titled "Unless We Future-Proof Healthcare, Study Shows That By 2025, 75% Of Healthcare Workers Will Leave The Profession, by Jack Kelly. https://www.forbes.com/sites/jackkelly/2...be8132bcb2

We don't have to wait until 2025 to see the mass exodus, and exactly why. Big business has taken over medicine in America. You are strictly a consumer, and the only thing big business is interested in, is profit. You "are" expendable. Patients are the most highly expendable, and they do not care about throwing doctors and nurse under the bus to achieve their goal of maximum profit.

I am just a tiny bit quicker on the draw then most of my fellow nurses, or maybe just a wee bit braver. I saw the handwriting on the wall back in 2014 and left hospital nursing. I watched the focus of hospitals transition from patient care to profit, fairly rapidly. I tried to put my finger in the dike, but when it was drown or let go, I had to let go.

Just for the record, I am still a nurse, and on occasion I have to work "in" a hospital, but I do not work "for" any hospital. As a Forensic nurses I am employed by the State/County Safety Department, the same as the Police Department. However, we work "with" the Police, we "do not" work "for" the Police. This is extremely important for people to understand, and way too often some people get it wrong.

There are so many recent cases I could include in this post that speaks to the progressing disaster we are facing, but I will start with discussing the case of the Las Vegas Chief Nursing Officer, and the insane letter she sent out to her staff, chastising them and punishing them for being ungrateful, lazy slaves. Why there is a nurse still employed by that hospital is a mystery to me, because there is not enough money on the planet, that would have kept me at that hospital if I were on staff and had received that letter. But this also speaks to the problem of nurses being so poorly treated and abused that it is like they have Stockholm syndrome.

I will add the news report, and follow that with a video that goes into the meat and the potatoes of this incident. It is really long and a bit too snarky for my taste, but she connects all the dots.

Now let's look at the RaDonda Vaught case.

Nurse Vaught made a terrible medication error, that caused the death of a patient. But that is only the tip of this iceberg. The hospital covered it up, and lied. But when an anonymous report was sent to the government, revealing their deception, they then proceeded to throw the nurse under the bus.

All attention was shifted to the nurse who admitted her error from the beginning, though she is far from being the only one that bears some responsibility in this error. She has become the scapegoat. The decision by the courts to make this a "criminal offense", is going to speed up the medical workers exodus to warp speed. The cost of insurance medical workers are going to need, is going to decrease their income significantly, or prohibit them from working at all.

I am not saying RaDonda is not guilty of the error. I am saying the mistake was not intentional, or "criminal", and this verdict is going to be a death knell for nursing.

I am including two videos. One with a brief synopsis of the situation, and the other much more detailed, and very, very long.

Thrown under the bus and punished only because they came after the hospital.

I know both of these situations, will be viewed from a personal and visceral point of view. There will be conflicting points of view. These are just two cases that speak to some of the reasons we will see a continuation in the decline in medicine. Both have the hospitals at the core of the situations, and in both, the nurses get thrown under the bus. They are making the price way too high for nurses and doctors, to stay in medicine, and we will all be impacted, negatively, I must add.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

Messages In This Thread
American Healthcare In Crisis - by NightskyeB4Dawn - 04-04-2022, 06:36 PM
RE: American Healthcare In Crisis - by beez - 04-04-2022, 07:23 PM
RE: American Healthcare In Crisis - by beez - 04-04-2022, 07:49 PM
RE: American Healthcare In Crisis - by DISRAELI - 04-04-2022, 09:03 PM
RE: American Healthcare In Crisis - by DISRAELI - 04-04-2022, 09:30 PM
RE: American Healthcare In Crisis - by DISRAELI - 04-04-2022, 09:43 PM
RE: American Healthcare In Crisis - by DISRAELI - 04-04-2022, 10:07 PM
RE: American Healthcare In Crisis - by DISRAELI - 04-04-2022, 10:51 PM
RE: American Healthcare In Crisis - by DISRAELI - 04-04-2022, 11:19 PM