Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
WH encourages gender reassignment surgery for minors
(04-01-2022, 07:03 PM)Grace Wrote: Going by your logic we'd have to do away with every single law concerning child abuse. 

Not all of them, I think, but lots of them, for sure. None of my business how someone else raises their kids, and none of their business how I raise mine. The laws protecting kids from third party predators would of course remain under the framework I've laid out above. There would necessarily have to be new laws instituted to protect families from the predators at CPS, of course. That's a whole new class of predator that operates under color of law.

Quote:Second, what happens, if we keep our nose out of it, when a divorced man with custody of his kid loses custody of said kid when mommy dearest wants to dress said little boy up like a girl and chemically prevent said boy from going into puberty. 

The above happened, and it happened in Texas of all places. A man lost custody of his own child because the non-custodial parent wanted to pretend that a pre-pubescent child can make adult decisions.

I dunno what would happen in most folks worlds in that scenario, but I sure as hell know what would happen in my own. . All I know is that it would not be an issue if the government didn't poke it's nose in in the first place. Since when has any government had the right to re-arrange families as it sees fit? That may be legal, but it ain't moral. When something becomes "law", it is no longer a "right". Rights are not enforced by laws.

As my police instructor used to tell us, "there is right, there is wrong, and then there is 'the law', and none of those relate to one another."

Now, in your scenario, we have a case where two parents of the same child are at odds as to how that child should be raised, If the law steps in at all, then the decision ought to come out on the conservative side - not politically "conservative", but conservative in the sense of "conservation" - do the least amount of permanent, irreversible change possible until the child itself is of an age to make it's own legal decisions.

OR - they could just put everyone in a boxing ring and let 'em duke it out, winner takes all.

I don't have sufficient information on the case to go further than that. For example, how old was the child? What were it's natural inclinations? Was one or the other parent behaving out of self interest rather than interest in the welfare of the child? Clearly one or the other must have been, but without further information, I can't determine which one that was, and I refuse to make a purely emotion driven determination in the matter of someone else's business.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: WH encourages gender reassignment surgery for minors - by Ninurta - 04-01-2022, 07:22 PM