Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
WH encourages gender reassignment surgery for minors
Just stop it.

Rouge Nation is a nice neighborhood that doesn’t need to be infiltrated with the same hysterical fearmongering trans and homophobic ignorant bullshit circle-jerking that is tolerated and prevalent at ATS.

Your thread title is pure clickbait and absolutely factually incorrect. Did you even read either document linked or did you just blindly believe what Faux News told you to believe or did you just see the traction this thread was getting at ATS and decided you could be one of the popular kids too?

Here is what the document actually says:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=11162]

Founded on evidence based research going back more than a century, a partial list of organizations supporting the affirming care model is as follows:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=11163]

Cross-sex hormone therapy is rarely started before the age of 16 and the effects are largely reversible. As far as genital reconstruction surgery goes, only somewhere between 10% to 15% of trans individuals undergo this procedure and it is only in very rare and unusual circumstances that it is performed on anyone under 18 years of age and contrary to popular opinion (i.e. lies, ignorance and bullshit), rates of dissatisfaction and regret are extremely low. (0% to 4% noted in multiple research studies)

If you know better or have some legitimate professional citations to back up your claims, I would be interested in hearing them otherwise you are just spreading misinformation and hysteria.

Time and time again, gender-affirming medical therapy and supported social transition in childhood have been shown to correlate with improved psychological functioning for gender-variant children and adolescents. I can personally say that without what is now called gender affirming care as a child and adolescent, I would not still be alive 67 years later writing this.

Politics has no business in healthcare or interfering the decisions made by families and medical professionals, full stop.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Messages In This Thread
RE: WH encourages gender reassignment surgery for minors - by Freija - 04-01-2022, 11:45 AM