Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Going Out of Business Sale at the Supercenter
(04-01-2022, 01:28 AM)Grace Wrote: Honestly if you think about it absolutely no one who was born in the US and is likely to still be alive has ever experienced a food shortage. 

For most, the warning will go over their heads until they actually see and experience one. So for now, they are unconcerned with shortages because they can't fathom what they can't fathom.

Maybe not a food shortage but a horrible recession. Late 70s-mid80s was really bad where I lived. We were very fortunate that we were able to grow a good sized garden, had lots of fruit and nut trees, raised chickens and were able to hunt small game and fish. My sister and I headed out hunting or fishing every day as soon as we got off the school bus- if we didn't there was no meat for supper. Dad handled the garden (with our help), Mom took in sewing and alterations, everybody worked every single day but we made it.  

I do feel sorry for those who don't know how to make it by their own sweat. My guess is that many will either turn to govt programs or turn to crime. Young folks will have to pack up their kids and go back to old mom and pops who hopefully remember those times.
"As an American it's your responsibility to have your own strategic duck stockpile. You can't expect the government to do it for you." - the dork I call one of my mom's other kids
[Image: Tiny-Ducks.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Going Out of Business Sale at the Supercenter - by GeauxHomeLittleD - 04-01-2022, 01:48 AM