Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
EMERGENCY CURFEW: Spring Breakers Turn Miami Beach into Third World War Zone
(03-29-2022, 03:52 PM)hounddoghowlie Wrote:
(03-29-2022, 03:32 PM)Snarl Wrote:
(03-29-2022, 02:42 PM)ABNARTY Wrote: Charming revelers.

I had a sizable property about 20 miles inland.

Was your propertiy in Bay County or were you talking about Volusia County. Can't say much Volusia, but people would be surprised just how close the Boonies use to be to the beaches along the Gulf Coast.

I can remember back in the late 70's 80's and early 90's Hwy 98 was just a 2 lane road and nothing but pines and scrub oaks between Sandestin and Panama City Beach. There would be a small Town like Santa Rosa Beach every few miles or so but it was mostly empty.

Now you'd have to beat me to go down 98.

Volusia ... just follow Hwy 40 out of Ormond Beach.  Went back to bury my old man and later my mom.  Got a brother down there I talk to on the phone.  No real reason/interest to go back.

The humidity is the absolute pits. Probably what's making everyone crazy down there right now.  tinybighuh When I'm driving south and come up on the Tennessee border, you can see the humidity line rising up right there.  I'll take snows a couple times/year over the-wet-that-doesn't-wipe-off.

I do love those small towns you mentioned.  They're all over the place if you're looking though.  One of the nicest things about hunting public lands is you get to drive through those parts.
'Cause if they catch you in the back seat trying to pick her locks
They're gonna send you back to Mother in a cardboard box
You better run!

Messages In This Thread
RE: EMERGENCY CURFEW: Spring Breakers Turn Miami Beach into Third World War Zone - by Snarl - 03-29-2022, 05:00 PM