Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Drunk experience matters! (aka Respect the wisdom of your elders)
(03-20-2022, 07:59 PM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote:
(03-20-2022, 07:44 PM)guohua Wrote: @"GeauxHomeLittleD"  minusculegoodjob

Most kids today can't even till you wait time it is with out a cell phone and then they just read the numbers, they don't know the meaning of AM or PM and God Help them if you set the Time to 24 hour time (military time) in China that is the only time we understood with the 24 hour way of telling time.

Do you want to give that youngster behind the register a $10. dollar bill for a $9.48 purchase, you have just Blow Their Mind, they have the look of a Deer in headlights! smallroflmao

My favorite thing is when you hand them A $10 and they push the numbers in and it tells them the exact change- and then I throw them off by handing them 2 quarters and watch them freak out! It always ends with me telling them how much change to give me! lol!

All of our girls have worked as waitresses and cashiers so at least they know how to count back change, not so sure about the boy!  tinyhuh

Here is what I learned, it took the wife quite a few times to learn to do this after I became aware of it over thirty years ago.  Never give a twenty dollar bill plus the forty six cents for a ten dollar and forty six cent bill.  They will put the twenty on top of the ten dollar bill in the drawer and hand you the receipt.  What you have to do that takes care of the problem is when he or she says ten dollars and forty six cents....here, this is twenty dollars and forty six cents.  It really lessens them thinking you gave them the same change, and if they do mess up when you mentioned it, they immediately say, oh yeah you gave me a twenty.  Otherwise it creates a problem because most people who do that give the exact amount....it is subconscious, they are most often not trying to screw you over, that is actually a common thing around here and also it has been going on for at least three decades and probably more, I may have just noticed it thirty years ago.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Drunk experience matters! (aka Respect the wisdom of your elders) - by rickymouse - 03-20-2022, 08:41 PM